Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th region championship (Johnson Central vs. Pikeville)
Is this game a game of not only the 2 best teams but the 2 best coaches in the region? No doubt tommy McKenzie is 1 of the best I've seen. This is his what 7th straight regional title game but how about justice, make no doubt about it this young guy can coach. I've watched a few games this year and he seems to impress me each time, never gets flustered and seems to always make good play calls...Going to be an exciting game with 2 great backcourts and both teams playing really well right now. Pikeville seemed to lose their legs late last night let's see how much JC exposes that I know pville only goes about 2 deep on the bench while on the other hand JC can go 4 sometimes 5 deep and their starters have some fresher legs right now....im going out on a limb and taking pikeville over JC 61-57
I think the key is keeping Battaile off the offensive boards and keep the Roberts kid from getting hot. If we do that then I'll take JC 72 Pikeville 60.
I know 98.9 and such will broadcast on the radio, but will EKBTV or anyone show it live?
Pikeville wins a close one. Might be a couple years before they get back here, going to be interesting to see how Justice does without Bataille.
Six of the fourteen games this year have been played between the same schools.

Belfry vs. Shelby Valley (B & G 1st round)
Pike Central vs. Pikeville (B & G 1st round)
Pikeville vs. Johnson Central (B & G Championship)

This might be the first time in history this has happened.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Looking forward to this game tonight. I just hope Pikeville has enough legs left to finish this out and repeat. I know JC has a deep bench and I think that could be a factor. Goodluck Panthers bring your A game tonight and lets head to Rupp next week.
I think JC wins in a close one May and Rice have been posting big games but don't forget that Ferrell and Vanhoose have averaged double figures all season, a lot of weapons on both sides of the floor tonight,,, JC 72-65
3sporteagle Wrote:I think the key is keeping Battaile off the offensive boards and keep the Roberts kid from getting hot. If we do that then I'll take JC 72 Pikeville 60.
I totally agree those two factors are going to be a huge decider in the game. The Roberts kid has been so hot the first two games JC really has to limit his open looks. Pikeville has the size advantage and killed JC on the offensive boards last year. The key for me just like last year is Dalton Collins he isn’t the biggest kid but he is tough and a smart player. They need him to really be going after every rebound.
Mister D Wrote:I totally agree those two factors are going to be a huge decider in the game. The Roberts kid has been so hot the first two games JC really has to limit his open looks. Pikeville has the size advantage and killed JC on the offensive boards last year. The key for me just like last year is Dalton Collins he isn’t the biggest kid but he is tough and a smart player. They need him to really be going after every rebound.

This isn't last year!
The time on the BGR posts is not correct.

I had a few people ask me why I was posting updates after midnight for the JC vs. Belfry game. So if you see the time on the posts being way off to what is being posted, just bear with us. The updates will be in real-time.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:This isn't last year!
Absolutely this JC team is very different from last years team. They are obviously playing fantastic right now and have a really good shot to win. Just saying that Battaile and Byers have a history of beating JC up on the boards.