Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clay County 2018
With basketball over and spring practice upon us, will the tigers improve on their 2 win season from a season ago. Looks to be a competitive schedule this year. Should be Fun.
Rumor has it... With that schedule and loss of players to graduation, it's going to be another long year in Tigerland. Good news is, Glenn will start basketball practice next week, Bad news is, Glenn starts basketball practice next week
TIGERZ Wrote:With basketball over and spring practice upon us, will the tigers improve on their 2 win season from a season ago. Looks to be a competitive schedule this year. Should be Fun.

Who is on their Schedule? That will tell if they can win more than 2 games.
the big Revis kid at running back will be a major loss and the two big linemen hurt but McCauley, Hibbard should be solid and c hacker should get to play this year after sitting out all of last year that has to help the tigers replace what was lost some what and give a little more options with the offensive play calling. Haven't heard of any new additions to the team.
I think the Tigers improve on the 2 win season! Mike Sizemore has this team going in the right direction.
Things are looking up for the Tigers. They had a good showing at the weight meet last week in Bath County, a STUD returning Junior in McCulley. Tigers will be great.

Plus, when you get buy in on running the ball like they do, you never know what can happen!
MikeHonchoLives Wrote:Things are looking up for the Tigers. They had a good showing at the weight meet last week in Bath County, a STUD returning Junior in McCulley. Tigers will be great.

Plus, when you get buy in on running the ball like they do, you never know what can happen!

Just wait for Basketball to start spring practice, those numbers will drop. Just ask Glen.Confusednicker:
the football team doesn't have any basketball players to my knowledge so it shouldn't matter when summer ball starts up.
MikeHonchoLives Wrote:Things are looking up for the Tigers. They had a good showing at the weight meet last week in Bath County, a STUD returning Junior in McCulley. Tigers will be great.

Yes to all the above. Especially Sizemore. Tigers will definately improve on 2wins.
Rumor has it... Tough schedule will be too rough for them to overcome. No help, needs to get rid of some of those guys on the sideline. They all did nothing. Seen them last year against Middlesboro, that little fellow with the hat, he needs to go. All I seen him do was yell, and do cartwheels. Sizemore seems to know what he is doing, he does has his own coaching advice website so he cant be bad. Best of Luck in 2018
You must have a problem with the Cat in the Hat. The man is a Legend.
CoachWMills Wrote:You must have a problem with the Cat in the Hat. The man is a Legend.

Rumor has it.... Yeah in his own mind
CoachWMills Wrote:You must have a problem with the Cat in the Hat. The man is a Legend.

Man can coach for sure.
I’m not sure of the whole schedule but I can see a chance to get maybe 3 or 4 wins if we play to our potential. Not completely sure this is right.

Bourbon co- toss up
West jessamine- W
East jessamine- toss up
Wayne County- L
Perry central- W
Knox -L
Rock- W
Bell- L
Russell- Toss up
North - W
TIGERZ Wrote:I’m not sure of the whole schedule but I can see a chance to get maybe 3 or 4 wins if we play to our potential. Not completely sure this is right.

Bourbon co- toss up
West jessamine- W
East jessamine- toss up
Wayne County- L
Perry central- W
Knox -L
Rock- W
Bell- L
Russell- Toss up
North - W

North? Really think they can beat the Jags?
TIGERZ Wrote:I’m not sure of the whole schedule but I can see a chance to get maybe 3 or 4 wins if we play to our potential. Not completely sure this is right.

Bourbon co- toss up
West jessamine- W
East jessamine- toss up
Wayne County- L
Perry central- W
Knox -L
Rock- W
Bell- L
Russell- Toss up
North - W

Rumor has it... I 'am just curious. I know alot of these teams have been good in the past and some are on the up swing. What are you basing your W's, toss up's, and L's off of?
Three of the four W’s I listed are home games and lost a lot of seniors if I recall, not saying that those are for sure wins but if you have wins those are likely where you will have to find them.
TIGERZ Wrote:Three of the four W’s I listed are home games and lost a lot of seniors if I recall, not saying that those are for sure wins but if you have wins those are likely where you will have to find them.

I understand but i Don't see but 2 wins on that schedule. Things could change over the summer but right now The Cat in the Hat ain't going to be pulling any rabbits out of his Hat this year.

:Hole:
TIGERZ Wrote:Three of the four W’s I listed are home games and lost a lot of seniors if I recall, not saying that those are for sure wins but if you have wins those are likely where you will have to find them.

Rumor has it... I see your logic, but that is a two way street. You have to look at what they lost and have returning. What you lost and have returning. And looking at your reasoning, Clay lost more then all of those teams, stat wise and player wise. But as one poster put it, you do have the Cat in the Hat.
I’ve talked to people in the area and there is no reason CLAY co shouldn’t be competitive in football. They already have a good system set up to be a feeder. All the middle school kids in Clay co who play each other have to go to clay HS. Is there just a drop off from middle to high school. Out of a minimum of 48 players can they not find 12 that can win some ball games. I just don’t see why they aren’t better. The system for a feeder is in place. Results just aren’t there
Clay County has a history of their athletes not progressing a whole lot after 7th-9th grade. When they do get a group of seniors that are very talented (2010), they usually win some games. I've said it before and people in the community may disagree but Clay County doesn't have the athletes now that it once did. You used to be able to attend an elementary football tournament with 4-5 good teams and see 4-5 kids on every team that you knew would develop into talented high school athletes. Now, you have 2-3 teams that are competitive and maybe 2 kids on each team with real potential. "You're talking about elementary football." Well, that's where it starts. We haven't had what I like to go "go-getters" in several years. I'll just use modern times for comparison: Lewis, Dobbs, Dunn, Reid, Hooker, Wilson, Carr, Hyde, etc. Guys that you can just give the ball to and they'll make a play, big stop, etc. To be honest, we can't even use the "they're walking the halls" excuse. We've lost our "I'm better than you" athletes. Therefore, you have a bunch of kids working their tails off to get better and the results are 2-3 wins. To get to 6-8, we have to find our studs again. It's unfair to think that way, but it's the truth.
That 2010 group was special. If not for injuries they could have won some playoff games. Clay just needs consistency, a group of kids haven't played for the same coach all four years there since the seniors in the fall of 2007. Clay will be competitive but those special classes are going to be few and far between.
DarthVader Wrote:That 2010 group was special. If not for injuries they could have won some playoff games. Clay just needs consistency, a group of kids haven't played for the same coach all four years there since the seniors in the fall of 2007. Clay will be competitive but those special classes are going to be few and far between.

No doubt, had your qb, starting receiver, and big time defensive player out against Pulaski. I’m just telling Tiger nation to set reasonable expectations. Perhaps 4-5 wins in the coming years. We don’t have the big time players right now. Those guys that when you see them, you know they’ve got it.

Bourbon co- toss up
West jessamine- W
East jessamine- toss up
Wayne County- L
Perry central- W
Knox -L
Rock- W
Bell- L
Russell- Toss up
North - W
My sources say that the schedule will differ quite a bit from this. I can't give specifics at this time, just that it won't be the same as this.
walterwhite Wrote:My sources say that the schedule will differ quite a bit from this. I can't give specifics at this time, just that it won't be the same as this.

Unless they've paid out of 2 year contracts or Bowl opponents change, the 2018 schedule can't look that much different from this. With 2019/2020 scheduling in the talking stages, that might be where you are hearing of changes. 2 year contract cycles are the norm.
Lone Ranger Wrote:Unless they've paid out of 2 year contracts or Bowl opponents change, the 2018 schedule can't look that much different from this. With 2019/2020 scheduling in the talking stages, that might be where you are hearing of changes. 2 year contract cycles are the norm.

I know all about how contracts work and etc. I know what I heard from a very reliable source, too. Maybe they did buy out a couple contracts, I didn't ask specifics. I justknow that a couple of different teams that will be on the schedule that we can and should beat!
I would say it's probably 2019 when the schedule will change. It would be extremely tough to find games to replace buyouts this late in the schedule game for 2018.
DarthVader Wrote:I would say it's probably 2019 when the schedule will change. It would be extremely tough to find games to replace buyouts this late in the schedule game for 2018.

I will stop posting about the schedule, and we will see this fall! I won’t come back and say I said so.
Coach Sizemore will get them going, they got a good one. He's worked magic at a hoops school before.

Bourbon co- toss up
West jessamine- W
East jessamine- toss up
Wayne County- L
Perry central- W
Knox -L
Rock- W
Bell- L
Russell- Toss up
North - W

No change in the schedule that has been posted on KHSAA. Could be another long year in Tiger Town, but that's okay basketball has already started back! BANG! DDE