Poll: Should John Calipari be fired?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
20.83%
No
79.17%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Fire Calipari tonight
rrp Wrote:this may of been a few months ago but is fitting since todays loss is similar to k state first things first im not a ksr lover i do listen but i dont agree with some things he says. Most fans agree with Cal but he is not perfect though he has his mistakes. They may be fans like you but they are not many but very loud fans who thinks hiding behind a fake name and offer no solution to what could be done to fix things and act like the world is coming to the end and the only out you all have is to fire the coach cause your so upset that he is not winning titles every year. Curious why so much disdain towards KSR did Matt cutt you off one day?

Head over to rupps rafter or rivals before the mods delete all the cal bashing threads. You'll easily see the far majority is sick of cal and his antics
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Head over to rupps rafter or rivals before the mods delete all the cal bashing threads. You'll easily see the far majority is sick of cal and his antics
I’ve seen it all over the comments on news stories, and on other forums as well. Slowly but surely people are saying what’s been said here, and that’s Cal is being out recruited and definitely out coached. Coach K at Duke who once said he wasn’t into the one and done is starting to dominate the recruiting trail. We was just got beat by seton hall for goodness sakes, so it seems getting #9 is a long distance off, and I’m not a fan of NIT, final 8 banners Confusednicker:
Bump.

The guy cant even keep players at UK now.
Something told me this would be bumped by you today when i heard the rumor early this morning Confusednicker: now we wait for the crowd that calls us losers for laughing :hilarious:
Warriorhawk17 Wrote:A jealous Louisville fan post. Little brother would love to be like big brother Kentucky.

Gut has always been a closet UL fan. Loved Petrino and our little brother in Louisville .
Fire Cal tonight.
GUT hasn't been on in a while so I'll do this for him.

BUMP
#Firecal #Calsucks.
Knew this one was coming up today lol

Cal has never been able to coach and it always shows when he gets up against other great coaches. He just never makes adjustments and today he ran the same play the entire second half to PJ. And also something else to think about, Cals loyalty to his player. Hagans sucked today the whole game and never took him out. Quickly should have been in.

But Cal didn’t miss all these free throws today either
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
I never wanted Calipari at UK. This happens every time when he goes against a team with a really good coach and comparable talent.
Bring on Brad Stevens or Chris Beard.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
In Cal’s ten seasons at Kentucky

- 305 wins*, 2nd in UK history
- 31 Tournament wins*
- 5 time SEC regular season titles
- 6 SEC Tournament titles
- 7 Elite Eights*
- 4 Final Fours*
- 2012 National title

*=Most in the Country in span

This still isn’t enough for some...SMH #BBN
Jarons Wrote:I never wanted Calipari at UK. This happens every time when he goes against a team with a really good coach and comparable talent.
Bring on Brad Stevens or Chris Beard.

Tell me again how many titles these guys have ?
Bump
Wildcatk23 Wrote:In Cal’s ten seasons at Kentucky

- 31 Tournament wins*
- 7 Elite Eights*
- 4 Final Fours*
- 2012 National title

You failed to mention Cal has had 25 first round picks and Duke and UNC has had 27 combined. UK has been a Duke/UNC All-Star team and still only has one title. We play for National Titles not Final fours, sweet 16’s, Elite 8’s. But as long as fans are willing to settle for less than a title this is what we will have. Tubby Smith also only had 1 title in 10 years.
honestjchsfan Wrote:If you watch UK play a regular season game you can often hear Cal yelling "GO", "GO" after the UK PG gets the ball after a defensive rebound; but in all the big NCAA games UK has lost while Cal has been coach he has elected to have the PG walk the ball up and play in the half court. I just don't understand this. What's the point on playing "fast" all season long?

We watched Tubby Smith play halfcourt ball for years and it pissed me off and was boring to watch. Slowly his recruiting classes got worse and worse until we were not very good. Now we are watching Cal do the same thing and it pisses me off even more because he's doing it with 5* recruits.

It makes no sense to me.

Considering how well this team was playing it is an embarrassment to lose to a team that is nowhere near good enough to beat us even with their best player. We were outcoached and outplayed. Period.

I'm done.
One and done recruiting will not win a national championship, get use to it. Duke just proved that and Kentucky is in same boat.
AnswertheBell Wrote:One and done recruiting will not win a national championship, get use to it. Duke just proved that and Kentucky is in same boat.

Then what do you call the 2012 title team? Besides Darius Miller. Those were one and dones
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Wildcatk23 Wrote:In Cal’s ten seasons at Kentucky

- 31 Tournament wins*
- 7 Elite Eights*
- 4 Final Fours*
- 2012 National title

I'll take an Elite 8 every year and a Final Four every two years Smile
Spud6 Wrote:Then what do you call the 2012 title team? Besides Darius Miller. Those were one and dones

Darius Miller was the backbone of that team. When UK needed a big shot, he always came through. He was a senior, with final four experience. Also, Lamb and Jones were sophomores with final four experience. Far from a one and done team.
Demarcus ware Wrote:You failed to mention Cal has had 25 first round picks and Duke and UNC has had 27 combined. UK has been a Duke/UNC All-Star team and still only has one title. We play for National Titles not Final fours, sweet 16’s, Elite 8’s. But as long as fans are willing to settle for less than a title this is what we will have. Tubby Smith also only had 1 title in 10 years.
Tubby also never went back to the final four and we hadn’t been since 98 before cal got here .
Bitch and moan people, we live in a world of what have you done for me today, it use to be what have you done for me lately. If someone else can get UK the title then bring them in and fire CAL but I doubt that there is such a person. To win the title today you have to be good and lucky and even then you wont likely win it. The Cal years have been fun and UK has almost always been in the hunt. Puke and Coach K have not done any better. I hope there is someone out there that can bring instant titles and I hope he is hired today, til then we better enjoy Cal and realistic chances
Cat Daddy Wrote:Darius Miller was the backbone of that team. When UK needed a big shot, he always came through. He was a senior, with final four experience. Also, Lamb and Jones were sophomores with final four experience. Far from a one and done team.

They know what we are talking about and just want to puke out numbers and stats. Here is a stat, one and done team hasn’t won it and will not. If the fab 5 can’t then know one else can either. Duke Ky it takes some experience. So this for Matt Jones, as long as Ky Basketball continues this one and done team concept with freshmen they will never win another national championship.
[Image: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D3Gh3JbWwAEuSqO.jpg]Here is your stats.
Championships ???? That is the discussion
I want national championships. I'm tired of settling for elite 8's and sweet 16's. I'm not sure how people can be satisfied with sweet 16's and elite 8's.
Strikeout King Wrote:I want national championships. I'm tired of settling for elite 8's and sweet 16's. I'm not sure how people can be satisfied with sweet 16's and elite 8's.

Because it means we are there and a couple bounces here and there and you are in contention for a title. I don’t think people realize how hard winning a championship is. We have 8 in our whole entire existence and this man has one in ten years and has us right there just about every year. No matter how good a team you have you still have to have luck and since 2012 we haven’t had that luck and things didn’t go our way. But a play here or there and we are having a chance.

I’m only 24 so I grew up watching BCG and that was terrible times and I could have cared less to watch the games or not cause it wasn’t enjoyable. Coach Cal has us in the top ranking every year and we are right on their verge just about every year to have a chance to get to a title game but things just don’t happen that way.
#BBFL
Strikeout King Wrote:I want national championships. I'm tired of settling for elite 8's and sweet 16's. I'm not sure how people can be satisfied with sweet 16's and elite 8's.
Nobody is settling. It isn't realistic. The John Wooden years are not going to happen.
AnswertheBell Wrote:Championships ???? That is the discussion
No the thread is fire Calipari and he is in the discussion every year of Championships unlike any time other than the Pitino years of 95-97.
1 Championship in 10 years. 4 final fours. rest have been elite 8's and sweet 16's. So yes people are settling for elite 8's and sweet 16's. You can't tell me otherwise. People that like Cal are thinking okay we want a national championship and have high hopes but he always loses in the sweet 16 or elite 8 and people are like okay well their's next year, well next year seems to never come. So yes people are settling for those elite 8's and sweet 16's.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Don't even let this sorry excuse for a coach off the bus.

Who could we hire to replace him?
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next