Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pension Reform
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Note: I abstained from voting in 2016 as an act of political protest. Plus, there is no re-emergence. This is echo chamber fiction. As for “fools,” ultimately, the foolish read only selected excerpts from ol’ Invisible Hand, draw foolhardy conclusions, argue like Eeyore and think themselves wise, and ignore how greed drives uber capitalism, and, rooted in greed, no greater good can come.

:hilarious: I'll bet every liberal fiber of your being screams with regret that you didn't vote for ol truth-drug Hill right about now, huh!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:That’s the whole point about the idea of conferring nobility on somebody just because they are a teacher. Many of them, consider it their prerogative to indoctrinate their students with their own biases and political ideology. And in so doing, they freely bash everybody from Ronald Reagan to Barbara Bush, to the Lord Himself and all those who worship Him. In fact, anyone who doesn’t subscribe to liberalism will fall under the crosshairs of academia’s scorn at some point. Ask any college kid about it. Thus have the minds of our youth been so polluted.

tvtime is only about 35 years old, if he’s worked the private sector at all it had to be while he was in college. You, me, Hoot and RV if I recall, went through all of this social security stuff with tvtime years ago.

Wow you're ignorant.
Real Badman Wrote:Wow you're ignorant.

Said the kid that needs to clean his snotty nose.
Bob Seger Wrote:Said the kid that needs to clean his snotty nose.

To be a hardcore GOPer you’re all up on Real Thing there. Be careful about implied power.

LOL, whereas the content of your posts on this matter have distinguished you mightily in the annals of academic lore. :please:

Past that, the representatives serving this state are there at the pleasure of people like me, taxpayers. And since the only well said representatives can go to for more funding are taxpayers; and given that if teachers like you are going to be frothing at the mouth and telling me how ignorant I am, it would be difficult for me to concede more funding to flush down the same old rat hole. One might think an academically advanced individual would already be aware of such things.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Bob Seger Wrote:Said the kid that needs to clean his snotty nose.

Really? And this is not personal? Hello?
No more personal than "wow you are ignorant".

Hello

Now, this is personal.
Teachers change lives. We've all heard the stories. Teachers are particularly important in areas like eastern Kentucky. That's truth, beyond question. Teachers, like doctors, lawyers, chemists, etc. are trained professionals. They are not above and beyond scrutiny or criticism, but they have a right to advocate for their benefits and salaries. They have a right to defend the value of their profession. I would agree that suggesting teachers are some special class, more noble than all others, is a bit much. However, teachers play a pivotal role in the lives of students, a role that is often the difference between "stuck in a grinding poverty" and a place in the middle class. And, for me, that's also a truth beyond dispute.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Teachers change lives. We've all heard the stories. Teachers are particularly important in areas like eastern Kentucky. That's truth, beyond question. Teachers, like doctors, lawyers, chemists, etc. are trained professionals. They are not above and beyond scrutiny or criticism, but they have a right to advocate for their benefits and salaries. They have a right to defend the value of their profession. I would agree that suggesting teachers are some special class, more noble than all others, is a bit much. However, teachers play a pivotal role in the lives of students, a role that is often the difference between "stuck in a grinding poverty" and a place in the middle class. And, for me, that's also a truth beyond dispute.

Ala the line from John Wick, "Finally, common ground!"

Note: In no way is what I am about to say meant to reflect on any teacher involved in this thread. Rather it comes by way of observation of current events on the national scene.

^^ You spoke the truth. But owing to the same youthful pliancy of your mention, it is also true that teachers can do enormous damage to students in leading them (clever though the leading may be) politically, or creating racial bias in otherwise innocent minds. There is no question there are students who've been led to hate their country and the political process, but only as that may apply to the way Republicans do it. And white people in general catch the brunt for supposedly, "holding certain people back." Which is not the truth and cuts both ways.

As the result white students are ashamed of the founders and a history which is notable for being for the most part, gracious. There were potholes on America's super sled to becoming the pinnacle culture of this world, but proudly, they were addressed with an integrity which was both unmatched and the example which provided leadership to redefine honorable dealings with all men across the entire globe. Nonetheless while all students have been robbed of this rightful heritage, as I mention, white students are misled and black students are wide eyed with a sense of betrayal. Thusly have young Americans of every race been led to wrongfully despise their rightful heritage. And thusly do misguided teachers of said ilk betray their country. ABTW, the renaissance whereby men recognized his universal equality as referred to above, happened under the Republican leadership of one Abraham Lincoln. And don't let any flip flopping Dem, all of whom history shows to have been violently opposed to said renaissance, tell you any different.

But I digress. Say I'm an employer, (and I have been) and I get a black man in my office asking to be employed. The man is well spoken and respectful, presents himself well and seems to have the experience to fill the position. In vetting his work record, I found myself rooting that things would be in order. They were, I hired him and the guys loved working with him. That real life situation is the real America. People/employers, delight in doing right. But that's not the way some teachers are putting it out there, and those who do so are certainly doing their part to foment racial unrest. Then as we saw last summer, supposedly by way of object lesson in practical civics, students were encouraged to leave the school premises during hours, to take part in active political protests. That's NOT noble it's offensive. And believe me, I understand that all teachers would not have been inclined to take part.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

And this kid is supposed to be a moderator?

Hmmmm!!
TheRealThing Wrote:Ala the line from John Wick, "Finally, common ground!"

Note: In no way is what I am about to say meant to reflect on any teacher involved in this thread. Rather it comes by way of observation of current events on the national scene.

^^ You spoke the truth. But owing to the same youthful pliancy of your mention, it is also true that teachers can do enormous damage to students in leading them (clever though the leading may be) politically, or creating racial bias in otherwise innocent minds. There is no question there are students who've been led to hate their country and the political process, but only as that may apply to the way Republicans do it. And white people in general catch the brunt for supposedly, "holding certain people back." Which is not the truth and cuts both ways.

As the result white students are ashamed of the founders and a history which is notable for being for the most part, gracious. There were potholes on America's super sled to becoming the pinnacle culture of this world, but proudly, they were addressed with an integrity which was both unmatched and the example which provided leadership to redefine honorable dealings with all men across the entire globe. Nonetheless while all students have been robbed of this rightful heritage, as I mention, white students are misled and black students are wide eyed with a sense of betrayal. Thusly have young Americans of every race been led to wrongfully despise their rightful heritage. And thusly do misguided teachers of said ilk betray their country. ABTW, the renaissance whereby men recognized his universal equality as referred to above, happened under the Republican leadership of one Abraham Lincoln. And don't let any flip flopping Dem, all of whom history shows to have been violently opposed to said renaissance, tell you any different.

But I digress. Say I'm an employer, (and I have been) and I get a black man in my office asking to be employed. The man is well spoken and respectful, presents himself well and seems to have the experience to fill the position. In vetting his work record, I found myself rooting that things would be in order. They were, I hired him and the guys loved working with him. That real life situation is the real America. People/employers, delight in doing right. But that's not the way some teachers are putting it out there, and those who do so are certainly doing their part to foment racial unrest. Then as we saw last summer, supposedly by way of object lesson in practical civics, students were been encouraged to leave the school premises during hours, to take part in active political protests. That's NOT noble it's offensive. And believe me, I understand that all teachers would not have been inclined to take part.

In eastern Kentucky, I question whether elementary school teachers, or secondary ones for that matter, are giving kids liberal marching orders.

To protest peacefully against that which one believes is unjust and oppressive is quintessentially American. See the Boston Tea Party. Now that’s funny.
TheRealThing Wrote:Ala the line from John Wick, "Finally, common ground!"

The Urban Sombrero Wrote:In eastern Kentucky, I question whether elementary school teachers, or secondary ones for that matter, are giving kids liberal marching orders.

To protest peacefully against that which one believes is unjust and oppressive is quintessentially American. See the Boston Tea Party. Now that’s funny.

See the special NOTE in the post you quoted which of course, disqualifies your response.

Reading comprehension issues again?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:See the special NOTE in the post you quoted which of course, disqualifies your response.

Reading comprehension issues again?

NOTE: Per the whole Ann Coulter at Berkeley thing, you often go off on protest. Correct. Then, you reference the Boston Tea Party in a cute meme. Perhaps, dearest friendo, what, could it be, might it be, well, it is, projection again.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:NOTE: Per the whole Ann Coulter at Berkeley thing, you often go off on protest. Correct. Then, you reference the Boston Tea Party in a cute meme. Perhaps, dearest friendo, what, could it be, might it be, well, it is, projection again.

Or to restate what you just said; I know you are but what am I?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Bob Seger Wrote:And this kid is supposed to be a moderator?

Hmmmm!!

Oh please that was an asinine comment. To degrade all of education by trying to compare all teachers to liberal nut jobs. It’s the same kind of Matt Bevin mentality.

Let him without sin throw the first stone.
Real Badman Wrote:Oh please that was an asinine comment. To degrade all of education by trying to compare all teachers to liberal nut jobs. It’s the same kind of Matt Bevin mentality.

Let him without sin throw the first stone.

What do you teach, gym class? Not exactly a deep thinker are you?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:What do you teach, gym class? Not exactly a deep thinker are you?

Political analyst for a NGO in DC.
Real Badman Wrote:Political analyst for a NGO in DC.

Poetic irony if I ever heard it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Poetic irony if I ever heard it.

Everyone needs one.
mr.fundamental Wrote:As your lawmakers the point of making us have a Masters degree.. I like your logic though, why require people to have a medical degree, why any degree really?

As far as performance, only until teachers can "fire"students, will that work. As in the private sector, you as a boss can fire those that do not meet standard and bring in those that would. I would ask the same principle to be applied to teachers, that is why performance based does not work in my field.

Finally, on the S.S. teachers would pay into such a program and many have, but the WEP/GPO knocks out teachers from the state of Kentucky and Railroad workers.

Teachers pay in the 16% for retirement, plus the regular taxes that everyone else pays.
Employees do not require the ability to fire their worst customers as a prerequisite to performing their jobs well.

Speaking of firings improving performance, I would be in favor of stripping teachers of tenure. In the private sector, I can be fired with or without cause, but certainly will be fired if I fail to do my job. Why should it be different for teachers? The certainty that poor performance will end your employment is certainly a motivator if you are not an employee who is self motivated to do an outstanding job.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Employees do not require the ability to fire their worst customers as a prerequisite to performing their jobs well.

Speaking of firings improving performance, I would be in favor of stripping teachers of tenure. In the private sector, I can be fired with or without cause, but certainly will be fired if I fail to do my job. Why should it be different for teachers? The certainty that poor performance will end your employment is certainly a motivator if you are not an employee who is self motivated to do an outstanding job.

Maybe, but I heard someone say if you do not like your career maybe it’s time to change?
Real Badman Wrote:Maybe, but I heard someone say if you do not like your career maybe it’s time to change?
That's right. If you don't enjoy your work, nobody is blocking the door. Just leave. Teachers, as a group, have got to be one of the biggest collections of whiners on planet Earth.

It has got to be disheartening for outstanding teachers who enjoy their profession often having to toil under incompetent administrators who should have been culled from the teacher rolls before being promoted.

For every truly outstanding teacher there is at least one lazy, incompetent teacher who would have trouble holding down a decent job in the private sector. I don't know of another profession where it is so easy for lazy people with political connections and meaningless degrees to fail their way into a management position.

There is no one who I respect more than a great teacher who has to report to a principal or other administrator who is a lazy political hack.
Real Badman Wrote:Maybe, but I heard someone say if you do not like your career maybe it’s time to change?

And then there are some who have no business at all being occupied in their chosen career.
KY Supreme Court said bill was Unconstitutional. Back to the drawing board.
plantmanky Wrote:KY Supreme Court said bill was Unconstitutional. Back to the drawing board.

I was wrong, it was a District court judge that ruled the bill was Unconstitutional. Will now go to KY Supreme Court for appeal.
^^ There are some pretty bad district court judges in Kentucky.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]