Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK Coaching Position Has Been Filled?
CatDawg Wrote:MY Z part of WSAZ will cover Billy D's press conference at 4pm today.

WLEX, Action news 36, WKYT, WYMT all have said they'll be there and possibly also provide live coverage of the press conference.

What's the press conference supposed to be about?
Look at the post above your last Charlie.
I would say basketball, coaching and maybe recruiting will be the subject of this press conference. I doubt if Jones makes his announcement that Billy D would do the same thing on the same day.
corndog23 Wrote:Calm down folks...just sit back, relax, and watch the events unfold in front of you. This Parker search thing, dont put too much stock into that. These crazy rumors about people tracking airplanes and whatnot, dont worry bout that. This NBA stuff with the Grizz and the Heat, dont worry about that. Just watch and listen to what Mr. Donovan has to say. We'll know soon enough...

If we calm down, then what will we talk about?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
CatDawg Wrote:MY Z part of WSAZ will cover Billy D's press conference at 4pm today.

WLEX, Action news 36, WKYT, WYMT all have said they'll be there and possibly also provide live coverage of the press conference.

In speaking with Master Control at WYMT-TV, they told me just now that they were not scheduled to air a press conference at 4pm as of now and wasn't sure about what WKYT (sister station) was doing at that time.
So true CE.
jammin' jamey Wrote:In speaking with Master Control at WYMT-TV, they told me just now that they were not scheduled to air a press conference at 4pm as of now and wasn't sure about what WKYT (sister station) was doing at that time.

WKYT Rob Bromley was the one that stated they would be in Huntington. I always group WYMT and WKYT together maybe I shouldn't have on that post. I also heard on each of the other stations that they would be in Huntington to cover Billy D. Known other than WSAZ said anything about carrying it live and it will be on their sister station MY Z. Cool
CatDawg Wrote:WKYT Rob Bromley was the one that stated they would be in Huntington. I always group WYMT and WKYT together maybe I shouldn't have on that post. I also heard on each of the other stations that they would be in Huntington to cover Billy D. Known other than WSAZ said anything about carrying it live and it will be on their sister station MY Z. Cool

Then that tells me that the Lexington media is there to cover any "possible" changes in Billy D's stance on Kentucky and that they will continue to raise the questions. This doesn't mean Billy D is going to come out and say "yes" at 4pm from Huntington. They are only going to cover the possibilities and more read-between-the-lines answers from Donovan.

Let's just calm down for the time being. Big Grin
I don't think anyone said he was going to make a statement of yes or no at 4pm.
So this is happening in Huntington and not Lexington....Dang.
ComfortEagle Wrote:If we calm down, then what will we talk about?

Come on now...its BASEBALL season!! Ok im really sorry for telling everyone to calm down...i havent been able to get ANY work done for the past two weeks...im just ready for this to be over...
CatDawg Wrote:I don't think anyone said he was going to make a statement of yes or no at 4pm.

No...But when we start talking press conferences, Donovan and interrupted coverage on Lexington TV then it's easy for some to wet their pants. Big Grin
corndog23 Wrote:Come on now...its BASEBALL season!! Ok im really sorry for telling everyone to calm down...i havent been able to get ANY work done for the past two weeks...im just ready for this to be over...
Same here, cd23. I haven't gotten much homework done at all because all I'm doing is reading message boards and forums about the latest rumor(s). This is driving me CRAZY. In some ways, I enjoy reading the comments people have about all of this, but like you, I'm ready for it to be over with.
However that would be the perfect place for this to happen. He could be where he first was a head coach and where he first took off for another school after saying he wasn't going anywhere and at the same time he could meet first hand with Patterson to tell him to come with him to UK. He wouldn't have to deal with as much media as Lexington and probably very little from Florida while at Huntington. So he could make the annoucement get out of town probably still go back and meet with his team and then go on vacation without being under as much media for the next few days.

Its a thought.
CatDawg Wrote:However that would be the perfect place for this to happen. He could be where he first was a head coach and where he first took off for another school after saying he wasn't going anywhere and at the same time he could meet first hand with Patterson to tell him to come with him to UK. He wouldn't have to deal with as much media as Lexington and probably very little from Florida while at Huntington. So he could make the annoucement get out of town probably still go back and meet with his team and then go on vacation without being under as much media for the next few days.

Its a thought.

It is a thought, but i do believe Patterson is in Memphis playing in an all-star game. Not to mention the Florida victory parade is on FRIDAY. Smart move by Florida AD Foley, but a prick move none-the-less.
Well I want to sit back and say he is coming but I really dont think he will. Just my gut feeling and those who know me know I have a pretty big gut. lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
I'm to the point I don't care who they get just get someone soon.
Yea because the recruits we were getting are going to go elsewhere.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
If Uk doesnt get someone to fill the position UK we will in big trouble when it comes to recruiting unless who ever comes has some recruits follow him, all the best players out there are getting ready to sign and we will be scraping the bottom of the barrel..
Batpuff Wrote:Yea because the recruits we were getting are going to go elsewhere.
A.J. Stewart said he was coming to Kentucky regardless of the situation. Even after Tubby left, he said he was still coming. Mike Williams, the 7'0" center out of Virginia said he doesn't know what he wants to do now. He said he may end up going somewhere else, but he'll wait and see who they bring in as coach.
Billy D. turned down the Memphis job.
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:Billy D. turned down the Memphis job.
Is this official? Please cite your source.
I guess he doesn't have a source. LOL
you're right I can't find the source, just heard it from a reliable one..but that still doesn't mean its true I guess. There is an artile in the NBA section of ESPN.com that talks about how the Heat are not interested in him. He is the link to ESPN's article about his Marshall apperance today.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2826092