Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Articles of Impeachment Drawn on Rosenstein
Over the past 15 months Rosenstein has steadfastly refused to cooperate with the US Congress in defying a Congressional subpoena and otherwise stonewalling and refusing to answer questions posed to him in a direct manner. Now he faces possible impeachment.

"The articles (of impeachment) include allegations that Rosenstein violated federal law by refusing to comply with a congressional subpoena over Congress’s efforts to obtain documents about FBI surveillance during the election, intentionally stalling document production for congressional investigations into possible government misconduct, and failing to enforce key laws and protocols."
https://patriotbeat.com/2018/05/01/house...osenstein/

Challenge #1, exemplify 'Circular Logic': Deputy AG Rosenstein advises President Trump (in letter form now mind you) to fire James Comey. Next, supposedly in order to get his buddy Mueller appointed as special counsel to investigate the President, Comey leaks classified material belonging to the US government to a former employee he calls "a friend." Trump fires Comey. Rosenstein then appoints Mueller as special counsel but names no statute, sets absolutely no guidelines or parameters whatever, to include duration, staff, or budgetary limitations. Mueller goes after Trump in what can only be described as a wide open witch hunt, to charge HIM with obstruction for following the DOJ lead counsel's advice on the matter. Again that being Deputy AG Rosenstein's recommendation to fire Comey. And there you have it folks, we've come full circle. :HitWall:

Challenge #2, exemplify apathy: The invisible response of The Congress, the media, the establishment, the Republican Party leadership, and lastly the lack of public outcry.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TRT, is there any precedent for impeaching an employee of the executive branch? This attempt seems to me to be a transparent attempt to provide Trump political cover by having Congress do something that he does not have the political will to do himself and an unconstitutional violation of the separation of powers. Clearly, Congress has the power to impeach members of the Judicial Branch, but I don't understand why any president would want Congress to do something that falls under his own constitutional authority.

Trump should start educating the public about Hillary leftover Rosenstein and his accomplices' attempt to nullify the results of a fair election and then fire Rosenstein himself. If he does not have the political capital to do so, then he should just ride out the Mueller investigation. Congress does not have the constitutional authority to protect or fire Mueller, IMO, and the same goes for Rosenstein.

Rosenstein and other high ranking holdovers from the Obama administration should have been purged from Trump's administration within the first few days after he took office. Trump can blame Sessions for what has happened all he wants, but the truth is his transition team should have generated a list of untrustworthy moles before his cabinet was assembled and acted to clean house long ago. Having Congress do what Trump has the executive power to do himself would set a bad precedent.

Maybe if Trump had kept his word to have a legitimate investigation of Hillary Clinton's crimes done, he would not feel so impotent to deal with Mueller and his enablers now. It is not too late to bring justice to Hillary and her crime family. Such an investigation would have kept Rosenstein too busy with his own lawyers to cause Trump any problems.
I am starting to think you are correct about investigating Hillary. I could understand Trump's perspective; this would've been tremendously expensive, the media would've had a field day and Hillary just isn't relevant anymore. She has blamed everybody from me to God for her defeat.

But now I believe Trump should hammer that home.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:TRT, is there any precedent for impeaching an employee of the executive branch? This attempt seems to me to be a transparent attempt to provide Trump political cover by having Congress do something that he does not have the political will to do himself and an unconstitutional violation of the separation of powers. Clearly, Congress has the power to impeach members of the Judicial Branch, but I don't understand why any president would want Congress to do something that falls under his own constitutional authority.

Trump should start educating the public about Hillary leftover Rosenstein and his accomplices' attempt to nullify the results of a fair election and then fire Rosenstein himself. If he does not have the political capital to do so, then he should just ride out the Mueller investigation. Congress does not have the constitutional authority to protect or fire Mueller, IMO, and the same goes for Rosenstein.

Rosenstein and other high ranking holdovers from the Obama administration should have been purged from Trump's administration within the first few days after he took office. Trump can blame Sessions for what has happened all he wants, but the truth is his transition team should have generated a list of untrustworthy moles before his cabinet was assembled and acted to clean house long ago. Having Congress do what Trump has the executive power to do himself would set a bad precedent.

Maybe if Trump had kept his word to have a legitimate investigation of Hillary Clinton's crimes done, he would not feel so impotent to deal with Mueller and his enablers now. It is not too late to bring justice to Hillary and her crime family. Such an investigation would have kept Rosenstein too busy with his own lawyers to cause Trump any problems.

Well, you'd have to go back all the way to 1876 in the case of William Belknap who was a cabinet member in the Hayes Administration, that's for sure.

The establishment, every last Democrat, the most despicably proficient lawyers in DC and other shadowy power brokers, seem to be crafting the scenario of DJT's demise. I know I'd be leery and cautious if I were him. But here's where I believe Trump made his biggest mistake. Trump tried to extend the olive branch. So coming into office as you mention, though I believe everybody was bracing themselves for the announced changes, he nonetheless took his foot off the gas to slake the concerns of those who had concerns about his style. Condi Rice for example, (who is so silvery tongued and statesmanlike that she couldn't even force herself to personally condemn Vlad the Impaler) went to Trump's office and suggested Tillerson for his Sec of State. The result of which of course, turned out to be a waste of the first year and a huge mistake. IMO he should have sliced and diced like Attila the Hun in the first month of his Presidency. Trying to play nicey nicey with the toothy inhabitants of the swamp to me, has resulted in giving his opponents the time they needed to get organized and marshal their forces.

Trump got had with his appointment of Jeff Sessions almost as if it had been planned from the get-go. He's either a weasel or somebody got to him big time cause he's been the most invisible AG of my lifetime, in likely the most controversial legal environment of our country's history. In any case, draining the swamp would necessarily need to have started there, and so far it's been a no-go.

But I know that the Congress has the power to impeach 'civil officers' even over the protests of the President.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]