Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dems Attacking Again
Shocker, Democrats are attacking the person and record of Gina Haspel like a pack of rabid dogs.

At the time Gina Haspel was carrying out her orders, former CIA Director John Brennan was then the number 4 man at the CIA. Heck, it's likely he had to sign off on everything she did. I must have missed the part in his own confirmation hearings, where Democrats grilled him mercilessly about his role in waterboarding. The practice of which BTW, was signed off on by Democrats in power at the time. But just as in the case when opportunistic Democrats who had just voted for and even spoke out on the floor of the Senate in favor of the Iraq Resolution, and whom suddenly blamed those devious Republicans for tricking them into it. They're at it again.

Republicans are the ones to whom black America owes the abolishment of slavery here in this land, because Dems spoke out in opposition to the end of slavery in famously vehement tirades in the Congress. Today, some of the very same Dems, (and a few new ones) who did not have any particular problem with waterboarding at all when they okey doked waterboarding in the first place and then saw the practice implemented in the field, suddenly realized another opportunity to make political hay and reversed their position yet again. John Brennan, to whom Haspel reported, had no trouble getting confirmed as CIA Director. But then, at the time there was not yet any notions of an organized 'resistance.'

Worse. In the DOJ of Barack Obama's era, under the direction of Eric Holder and upon his appointment, a special counsel pursued Gina Haspel and others in an attempt to prosecute them for torturing our enemies via the enhanced interrogation technique called waterboarding. The verdict? The actions of her and everybody else, completely honorable. Incredibly however and following that travesty, Michael Morrell acting Deputy Director of the CIA, ran Gina and others through the laundry yet again via an internal investigation into their actions. Again they were cleared of any wrong doing whatever. Now to be clear, the technique was legal at the time. AFTER bleeding hearts decried the practice loudly enough the practice was abandoned and made from that time forth, illegal. So what did heavy weight Dems do? They attempted to prosecute loyal agents of the State for actions which at the time they had signed off on. Folks that's called moving the goal posts, and it's shameful.

Now Dems are at it again in the case of CIA Director Nominee Gina Haspel. I hope she sticks to her guns, "stays the course," and becomes the next Director.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
⬆️
If the policy of the day, the aftermath of 9/11, was that waterboarding was an acceptable interrogation technique, (and I think it was policy beneath this nation) I do not agree with castigating Ms. Haspel for participating in that particular policy. However, this is a particularly slippery slope when it comes to torture, as every thug and tyrant could hide behind, “I was just doing my job, just carrying out policy,” as if “official policy” usurped basic human decency and morality.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:⬆️
If the policy of the day, the aftermath of 9/11, was that waterboarding was an acceptable interrogation technique, (and I think it was policy beneath this nation) I do not agree with castigating Ms. Haspel for participating in that particular policy. However, this is a particularly slippery slope when it comes to torture, as every thug and tyrant could hide behind, “I was just doing my job, just carrying out policy,” as if “official policy” usurped basic human decency and morality.

Waterboarding, by the accounts of those in service to this nation at the time, and the kings and queens who ratified the practice in the Congress, is not torture. That term is revisionist relabeling for political gain on the part of the Dems.

The slippery part comes in when those in power at the time and who supported the act of waterboarding by putting it into law, try to blame their own actions on others as in the case of Gina Haspel. But other than the fact that the Dems have sworn to resist any nominee of the Trump Administration, the whole exercise in deceit is a disgrace. And the only hiding going on, is on the part of those who're responsible for waterboarding's implementation, but who're now hiding behind faked self righteous indignation for political gain because they think the people are just too stupid to put it all together. We're the ones being denied our elected government by the side that lost. Now, that's what I call the ultimate usurp not to mention epically (in historical terms) indecent.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Correction. The thread starter should have read... The Dems and John McCain Attacking Again.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Correction. The thread starter should have read... The Dems and [B]John McCain [/B]Attacking Again.

He IS a democrat for all intents and purposes. Sadly, it appears that he will leave this world still jealous of someone who was able to do what he couldn't and is totally irrelevant.
Bob Seger Wrote:He IS a democrat for all intents and purposes. Sadly, it appears that he will leave this world still jealous of someone who was able to do what he couldn't and is totally irrelevant.

One has to wonder about the guy. It's a shame he decided to singlehandedly uphold the travesty against the people known as ObamaCare. And now he has taken a proactive stance in launching a one man campaign in which he intends to deny the people much needed integrity of leadership at the CIA.

Life is sacred and because of that I'm sorry to see that he's facing his own death. As a Senator however, that does not alter the fact that he is beholden to the people, who if they're anything like me, don't appreciate his idea of a "show." I don't believe he's thinking clearly, and likely he should step down immediately and afford a successor the opportunity to adequately represent the interests of his constituents.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Waterboarding, by the accounts of those in service to this nation at the time, and the kings and queens who ratified the practice in the Congress, is not torture. That term is revisionist relabeling for political gain on the part of the Dems.

The slippery part comes in when those in power at the time and who supported the act of waterboarding by putting it into law, try to blame their own actions on others as in the case of Gina Haspel. But other than the fact that the Dems have sworn to resist any nominee of the Trump Administration, the whole exercise in deceit is a disgrace. And the only hiding going on, is on the part of those who're responsible for waterboarding's implementation, but who're now hiding behind faked self righteous indignation for political gain because they think the people are just too stupid to put it all together. We're the ones being denied our elected government by the side that lost. Now, that's what I call the ultimate usurp not to mention epically (in historical terms) indecent.

Of course, when Senator McConnell said, “Oppose everything President Obama proposes,” that’s not a “usurp.” No difference friendo, except your blinders.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Of course, when Senator McConnell said, “Oppose everything President Obama proposes,” that’s not a “usurp.” No difference friendo, except your blinders.

Maybe, but with the exception of one notable difference, McConnell did not break the law, appoint special counsels, or deny Obama and his supporters his nominees.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
⬆️
The special counsel was appointed to look into possible wrongdoing, and it is fascinating that Pence’s call to end probe EXACTLY mirrored Richard Nixon’s.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:⬆️
The special counsel was appointed to look into possible wrongdoing, and it is fascinating that Pence’s call to end probe EXACTLY mirrored Richard Nixon’s.

Again, with one notable distinction. Trump is completely innocent. That and the fact that this special counsel started as a witch hunt, is still a witch hunt, as John McCain rather openly admitted.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Again, with one notable distinction. Trump is completely innocent. That and the fact that this special counsel started as a witch hunt, is still a witch hunt, as John McCain rather openly admitted.

And, again, we’ll see. You keep asserting a conclusion yet to be proven, producing circular reasoning, a logical fallacy.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:And, again, we’ll see. You keep asserting a conclusion yet to be proven, producing circular reasoning, a logical fallacy.

Well, seeing that Mueller has you on speed dial, please lay out for us mortals all the conclusions proving his guilt. There exists absolutely not the first scintilla of evidence. I said you wouldn't accept exoneration, and by everything you've said on here that is precisely true.

But please do seize this moment and offer up anything at all by way of proof. :biglmao:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:And, again, we’ll see. You keep asserting a conclusion yet to be proven, producing circular reasoning, a logical fallacy.
In our particular legal system, a person is presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. Trump has not been charged of any crime - therefore, he is innocent, despite your wishing that was not the case. Thankfully, we do not live in your idea of utopia, where politicians with whom you disagree are guilty until proven innocent. Your's is not an American perspective. If and when the majority of Americans share your warped values, this nation is doomed.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:In our particular legal system, a person is presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. Trump has not been charged of any crime - therefore, he is innocent, despite your wishing that was not the case. Thankfully, we do not live in your idea of utopia, where politicians with whom you disagree are guilty until proven innocent. Your's is not an American perspective. If and when the majority of Americans share your warped values, this nation is doomed.

Though the majority of Americans don't share his warped values. It's pretty well money in the bank to bet the vast majority of academia, the media, and the entire Democrat Conference does, the CBC being the most rabid about it.

CRICKETS RULE!!! :rockon:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]