Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hillbilly Days 2007
I haven't been to that one, but I have heard of it. I've also heard of Chicken Days?? Or something of that sort in the London, KY area, it's possibly somewhere in Laurel or Clay county. But that one is supposed to be like a celebration of Colonel Sanders, they have KFC all throughout the event and booths specialize in chicken, kind of like how Apple Days specializes in apples.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BurntTires Wrote:The one in MT. Sterling is a good one, Court Days I beleive its called.
Yea its called court days. But September fest on Louisa usually is great as well.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
I say I spent 20 dollars on trying to sink the clown at the carnival lol
ComfortEagle Wrote:I haven't been to that one, but I have heard of it. I've also heard of Chicken Days?? Or something of that sort in the London, KY area, it's possibly somewhere in Laurel or Clay county. But that one is supposed to be like a celebration of Colonel Sanders, they have KFC all throughout the event and booths specialize in chicken, kind of like how Apple Days specializes in apples.

The World Chicken Festival is what you are referring too in London. They have the world's largest frying skillet with continuous fried chicken.

I've been a couple of times and it's bigger than Hillbilly Days in terms of the crowd. I saw Game Show Network there filming a show for parts of the KFC fastest eating chicken contest.
HBD was at its worse this year in my opinion. Thursday was way too cold and rainy. Friday had good weather but it just wasn't the same as the other years. It seemed a lot smaller this year. There were barely any vendors selling products other than food versus previous years. The parking garage and streets usually had a lot more than this year. No vendors were in the park. There were more food booths than anything and the food didn't even seem as good. The highlight of my time there was the lemonade. At 4 dollars a glass that's not the best thing to crave there but I'm not complaining about it.

Did any of you happen to be at Champs Friday or Saturday night when me and my buddy and former Pikeville College football coach Jerry Mynatt were playin.
did anyone see dr. don performing???
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.