Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th Region 2019
Congrats to Wolfe on winning the region title.

Congrats to Perry on a good season and dethroning Estill.

I think next year it's a 4 team race. Wolfe the team to beat. Perry, Estill and Jackson City behind.

Estill beat Wolfe both times this season. Put up 10+ runs on them. Had them down 10-0 @ Wolfe before Wolfe could score. Had them down 10-1 @ estill going into the 7th before Wolfe plated 7 to make it 10-8.

I'm sure Estill and Wolfe will have a home and home next season. I'm really hoping like heck estill and Perry can come to an agreement on some type of scheduling next season. Should be another fun one in Leslie County next season.
Perry has a good young team but Wolfe has grown into a regional power over this season. They played young girls for a couple of years and now those girls are experienced players that expect to win.
Perry had several weaknesses revealed today. Mental toughness being the biggest one. You can’t play big games if you can’t control your emotions when things aren’t going your way. Perry also is a dead pull hitting team 90% of the time and when teams throw them outside they struggle to hit.
Wolfe had to find out how to deal with all these issues in the past couple of years and finally put it all together this season. With everyone coming back next year Wolfe is setup to have another great year. I agree the region is going to be a 4-5 team race.

1. Wolfe- Everyone Back
2. Estill- Returns a lot of young talent, good pitching
3. Perry- young team, pitching must improve
4. J. City- have to learn how to win big games
5. KCC- can beat anyone on a given night, Baker is a stud
Reds#1Fan Wrote:Perry has a good young team but Wolfe has grown into a regional power over this season. They played young girls for a couple of years and now those girls are experienced players that expect to win.
Perry had several weaknesses revealed today. Mental toughness being the biggest one. You can’t play big games if you can’t control your emotions when things aren’t going your way. Perry also is a dead pull hitting team 90% of the time and when teams throw them outside they struggle to hit.
Wolfe had to find out how to deal with all these issues in the past couple of years and finally put it all together this season. With everyone coming back next year Wolfe is setup to have another great year. I agree the region is going to be a 4-5 team race.

1. Wolfe- Everyone Back
2. Estill- Returns a lot of young talent, good pitching
3. Perry- young team, pitching must improve
4. J. City- have to learn how to win big games
5. KCC- can beat anyone on a given night, Baker is a stud

Good analysis on Perry. I saw a lot of players demonstrate the emotional breakdown on the field not only in softball but in baseball this year throughout the 13th, 14th, and 15th regions this year. Never saw Benny's teams have too many breakdowns like that this year or in the past. I disagree with Knott in the 5th spot based on their struggles this year. Baker has plenty of potential but three errors and not coming to field balls in a big game vs Perry is not a stud player in my book. She had one hit in that specific game and one of the coaches from a school in attendance said she has had multiple error games all year. She has tons of upside and appears to very athletic so that development will come as she matures. Conley was level headed in that game and I suppose she's older than most on the team being a junior. I honestly think Hazard will be the team that surprises people in the 14th.