Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th Region 2019
Looks like Faulkner got a transfer from Hazard, a young power hitter. Heard she was the DH for the varsity towards the end of the season.
DarkHorse99 Wrote:Well an unknown coach versus a coach that doesn’t know are two different things.... an unknown coach to the program may be the best option. Ya know...bust up the political BS and plays the best players to win the most games. Saylor, even despite his flaws, would not hire a coach that is ignorant to the game itself. He’s part of the KHSAA governing committee so I doubt he would want to make himself or our county be the laughing stock of athletics.
preach preach preach
Bulldogs4Ever Wrote:Well Reds Fan if you want me to be all technical I guess I can be.

#1- PCC has the best pitcher in the region, Kim Hughes.

#2- PCC has the best catcher in the region, Jamie Pollard.

We all know it all starts at the pitcher catcher slots. Perry has the best 2.

Now everyone knows that all the other coaches in the region are either older than dirt and just plain worn out or dont have the head coaching experience needed to be a championship coach. Bobby Ratliff has to be the best coach in the region by far (he has the youth, coaching ability, and the college baseball pedigree that none of the others have and not to mention he has the best hair. Perry Central is the favorite. Facts are facts.
not really any facts, besides the good hair.
The Ole Man Wrote:Wolfe is the team to beat. Wolfe is returning basically everyone. They do lose their 3rd basemen, but still, that can be filled. Trust me, Estill takes a big step back. Wolfe, Jackson City, and Breathitt is without a doubt the toughest District out there.

I possibly see Wolfe winning It. But if Estill new coach plays to the strengths she has. I can see Estill squeaking thru with a win. Better not forget about Jackson City!! Very well coached team that could slide in.
ONLYIKNOW Wrote:I possibly see Wolfe winning It. But if Estill new coach plays to the strengths she has. I can see Estill squeaking thru with a win. Better not forget about Jackson City!! Very well coached team that could slide in.

Agree, Jackson City will be in the mix.
Kentucky Prep Top 10 14th Region teams and players:
1. Wolfe
2. Estill
3. Jackson City
4. Letcher
5. Perry
6. Knott
7. Lee
8. Breathitt
9. Powell
10. Hazard

1. Hailey Smith-Wolfe
2. Jamie Pollard-Perry
3. McKayla Rucker-Powell
4. Alyssa Franklin-Letcher
5. Kaylee Riddell- Estill
6. Emily Branham-Powell
7. Riley Turner-Jackson City
8. Brooklyn Baker-Knott
8. Emilee Eversole-Perry
8. Kiely Flynn-Estill
8. Mia Hale-Estill
You can have outstanding hitting in fast pitch softball, but if your up against state caliber pitching, hitting is second. The 14th region has not reached the pinnacle of top 5 pitchers in the state yet. Great pitching always super seeds great hitting. Facts are facts and maybe someday we will see that one pitcher int the 14th region that can carry their team to state final game...I sure hope so..
All the best athletes play basketball in the 14th region and dont play softball. If the better athletes would start young pitching the proper way, they would catch up.
Forget making the state finals let’s win a game or 2 in the tournament before we think about the finals.
So I'm confused on something. Jim McAlister (great guy) has Wolfe at #1 and Estill at #2 in his 14th region preseason rankings but in region's 13-16, he has Estill at 6 and Wolfe at like 8 or 9.

Speaking of Estill, Estill's JV beat Estill's varsity 6-4 in a scrimmage the other day. Judging by the gamechanger stats, it doesn't look like Riddle didn't play.
Strikeout King Wrote:So I'm confused on something. Jim McAlister (great guy) has Wolfe at #1 and Estill at #2 in his 14th region preseason rankings but in region's 13-16, he has Estill at 6 and Wolfe at like 8 or 9.

Speaking of Estill, Estill's JV beat Estill's varsity 6-4 in a scrimmage the other day. Judging by the gamechanger stats, it doesn't look like Riddle didn't play.

The rankings that has Wolfe ranked as #1 was not McAlisters personal rankings. Those were voted on by coaches in those regions. The other rankings were the ones McAlister personally did.

The Estill Scrimmage wasn't JV versus Varsity. It was mixed and some players switched in and out. Kaylee did not play.
Why didn’t Riddle play?
Reds#1Fan Wrote:Why didn’t Riddle play?

I was wondering same thing. Was told she had some dental work done.
Bulldogs4Ever Wrote:Well Reds Fan if you want me to be all technical I guess I can be.

Now everyone knows that all the other coaches in the region are either older than dirt and just plain worn out or dont have the head coaching experience needed to be a championship coach. Bobby Ratliff has to be the best coach in the region by far (he has the youth, coaching ability, and the college baseball pedigree that none of the others have and not to mention he has the best hair. Perry Central is the favorite. Facts are facts.

Well if you have the best pitcher, catcher, and coach you can’t lose to Morgan County 6-2. Morgan hasn’t had a good season in several years.
ONLYIKNOW Wrote:I was wondering same thing. Was told she had some dental work done.

She had her wisdom teeth removed, but she will be playing in the game today against Fleming County.
dkrude Wrote:Looks like Faulkner got a transfer from Hazard, a young power hitter. Heard she was the DH for the varsity towards the end of the season.

Hazard played Floyd last night and wasn't missing anyone. I'm not sure who you are referring to, but the dawgs were out in full force.
Reds#1Fan Wrote:Well if you have the best pitcher, catcher, and coach you can’t lose to Morgan County 6-2. Morgan hasn’t had a good season in several years.

Perry is in rebuilding mode after losing the 5 seniors from last year and another starter suffering a knee injury. We have a freshman pitcher that will do well once she gets some experience. Coach Ratliff knows the game and will do great things. I don't think our team is top five in the region. We probably fall somewhere between 6-8 and that is premature knowing the season is just getting underway. I think by the end of the season we are strides better than we are now and will compete with Hazard for the district championship.

Facts are they have lost to a very average Morgan County team and a very average Breathitt County team by a combined score of 17-8
If you have the
Best pitcher in the region
Best Catcher in the region
Best coach in the region
You shouldn’t be 0-2 against Morgan and Breathitt. Facts are facts
These early regular season games dont amount to a can of beans. Perry will beat the cornbread out of these region teams by the end of the year.
Last time I checked there is 9 players out in the field. The majority of this Perry team had never played a varsity game. They are going to drop some of these games early in the season but by the end of the year they will be very competitive. I’m not saying they’re gonna win region but I do think they will win their district and could pull off a win in the region.
We shall see....Ratliff is a great coach...but wondering about the pitcher and catcher being all that....but, you can have the best pitcher in the region...but poor defense and no hitting...absolutely gets you nowhere. Even with a good pitcher.
14th is definately weakest Region in the state in softball. Not even close.....
The Weatherman Wrote:Hazard played Floyd last night and wasn't missing anyone. I'm not sure who you are referring to, but the dawgs were out in full force.
Dawgs did lose a girl from last years team, the Wickline girl transferred to Powell just before basketball season, she was one of the eighth graders that William pulled up last year when Candi was on a trip. She was the DH for the rest of the season for them. She was hitting 4th and playing 1st base for Powell last night at Johnson Central.
Reds#1Fan Wrote:How is it that a Perry has the most talent and the best coach in the state? Lol maybe he needs to win something before we crown him the King. Perry didn’t win last year with a proven pitcher and a couple of solid hitters that aren’t there anymore. Why would they be the favorite now?

To my knowledge the last time Perry Central had a great team was when the school was first built in 2005. They won the first 4 years district straight , 3 years straight region and the Pikeville invitational. Not seen anything much since then.
Well one reason why is the little league program was a Hazard ran feeder program for a long time, county kids didnt participate. Perry County also didnt have a middle school program for a very long time either. There is plenty county participation in the league and theres a middle school team. In a year or two, Perry will be where they need to be.
Wolfe has started the season really well. They beat a really good Johnson central team at Johnson Central tonight.
bulldogs4ever Wrote:these early regular season games dont amount to a can of beans. Perry will beat the cornbread out of these region teams by the end of the year.
🤔🤷*♂️🤦🏻🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Bulldogs4Ever Wrote:These early regular season games dont amount to a can of beans. Perry will beat the cornbread out of these region teams by the end of the year.

Bet
Where is all the PCC haters? All through this post we got to hear how bad they were/are. All I hear tonight after they sent Estill home is crickets. Also the game really wasn’t that close should have been a shut out. We may not win Region but but this bunch will pound some teams next season. Oh yeah they do have the best pitcher, catcher, and coach.
No crickets here
They don’t have the best coach
Don’t have the best pitcher
Don’t have the best catcher

And Wolfe returns their entire team. They will pound some teams next season.