Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Selective outrage
Selective outrage
Selective outrage is when the media or a group of people becomes completely hysterical over what one person or group of people says or does, but ignores and/or censors when others say or do similar or worse things.

-Urban Dictionary

2,000 children in a detention camp environment. Shall we quarrel about who is responsible for them being there? The Echo Chamber shouts, “Their parents,” for theirs is an absolutist world. The far left Echo Chamber shouts, “Poverty and oppression and Trumpists,” for theirs is a social evils world. Are these two extremes capable of finding Hegel’s dictum? Thesis... Antithesis...Synthesis. This thread: can the two sides find synthesis?
Here is the real definition of selective outrage from the Urban dictionary:

Meanwhile he breaks as many moral conduct rules as the next guy only in his mind those don't matter. Someone who will judge you harshly for a slight indiscretion and will jump to conclusions from incomplete evidence.

Remind you of anybody? Confusednicker:

Personally I am surprised. I thought Hoot just made up that term to describe TUS. I was wrong.

Zero credibility......ZERO
Granny Bear Wrote:Here is the real definition of selective outrage from the Urban dictionary:

Meanwhile he breaks as many moral conduct rules as the next guy only in his mind those don't matter. Someone who will judge you harshly for a slight indiscretion and will jump to conclusions from incomplete evidence.

Personally I am surprised. I thought Hoot just made up that term to describe TUS. I was wrong.

No,. I don't claim credit for the phrase, "selective outrage." I just recognised that the shoe fit comfortably on Somrero's foot. He is the Cinderella of selective outrage.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Selective outrage
Selective outrage is when the media or a group of people becomes completely hysterical over what one person or group of people says or does, but ignores and/or censors when others say or do similar or worse things.

-Urban Dictionary

2,000 children in a detention camp environment. Shall we quarrel about who is responsible for them being there? The Echo Chamber shouts, “Their parents,” for theirs is an absolutist world. The far left Echo Chamber shouts, “Poverty and oppression and Trumpists,” for theirs is a social evils world. Are these two extremes capable of finding Hegel’s dictum? Thesis... Antithesis...Synthesis. This thread: can the two sides find synthesis?
So, let's look at the real part of all of this, instead of the fabricated loony lefts portrait of it all...If they are indeed seeking asylum from say Guatemala or similar, then that would probably mean that compared to where they came from it would be pretty much like moving into the Hyatt Regency from wandering around in the desert? Right? Wanna dispute that?

Free food, free roofs over their heads, free medical care, free clothing, free hygiene? etc. etc. etc. ?

Correct?

One more time Geraldo, why not come in LEGALLY to U.S. points of entrance and avoid all of this?
Granny Bear Wrote:Here is the real definition of selective outrage from the Urban dictionary:

Hoot Gibson Wrote:No,. I don't claim credit for the phrase, "selective outrage." I just recognised that the shoe fit comfortably on Somrero's foot. He is the Cinderella of selective outrage.

And if you noticed in 'liking' yet another logic defying Sombrero post, (1200 likes by one guy) bobblehead proved that the underlying sentiment which drives people such as him and Sombrero is contempt. Contempt for traditional American values, morality and the tenets of the Christian faith.

Everything about Sombrero is a sham, his premises are always back-loaded with yet another round of liberal drivel. The only thrust of which being to demean and mock every sentiment that made this country great in the annals of human history. Thus his continual revisionist efforts to redefine the history books, as well as the intent and character of the Founders and that of patriots and heroes gone by, are IMHO a disgrace.

I agree with the selective outrage diagnosis, which in my mind does not run contrary to his also being the quintessential projectionist. Once inextricably painted into a debate corner, which is every time he tries to develop a liberal point, he just disappears for a number of days only to return as sham champion. The truth is not one of his concerns.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for taking the time to check that out Granny Bear. But in that revelation as I have said, we see why he doesn't often offer up any kind of source as he gets busted every time with it. And you're not going to see him backing down because in Sombrero's world verbiage will always overcome the truth.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Perhaps you selectively read, or perhaps you stopped reading. Then again, perhaps...eh, never mind. Carry on, GB.
TheRealThing Wrote:Thanks for taking the time to check that out Granny Bear. But in that revelation as I have said, we see why he doesn't often offer up any kind of source as he gets busted every time with it. And you're not going to see him backing down because in Sombrero's world verbiage will always overcome the truth.

See the totality of the Urban Dictionary. Again, the post is and was is there a possible synthesis. It seems those who lecture long long long about staying on tooic... don’t. Selective moderation. Typical here in the Echo Chamber.

Speaking of verbage, TRT, you a member of Mar Lago? What say you, O Sultan of Superfluity?
Bob Seger Wrote:So, let's look at the real part of all of this, instead of the fabricated loony lefts portrait of it all...If they are indeed seeking asylum from say Guatemala or similar, then that would probably mean that compared to where they came from it would be pretty much like moving into the Hyatt Regency from wandering around in the desert? Right? Wanna dispute that?

Free food, free roofs over their heads, free medical care, free clothing, free hygiene? etc. etc. etc. ?

Correct?

One more time Geraldo, why not come in LEGALLY to U.S. points of entrance and avoid all of this?

What!! No comment Geraldo??

What a shocker!!
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:See the totality of the Urban Dictionary. Again, the post is and was is there a possible synthesis. It seems those who lecture long long long about staying on tooic... don’t. Selective moderation. Typical here in the Echo Chamber.

Speaking of verbage, TRT, you a member of Mar Lago? What say you, O Sultan of Superfluity?

^^The word is verbiage.

But despite your preferred definition of selective outrage, you most certainly do engage in selective outrage. I suppose what really matters is where one is coming from and to what authority he hails. Everybody on here knows you are first and always, liberal.

As I said, you will not hesitate to criticize anybody who refuses to bow at the altar of liberalism with you. And to that end you reject the validity of US Constitution and you reject much of God's Word. And why? Because you imagine your own judgment to be superior to that of the writers of those two works. I cannot therefore take you seriously.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:^^The word is verbiage.

But despite your preferred definition of selective outrage, you most certainly do engage in selective outrage. I suppose what really matters is where one is coming from and to what authority he hails. Everybody on here knows you are first and always, liberal.

As I said, you will not hesitate to criticize anybody who refuses to bow at the altar of liberalism with you. And to that end you reject the validity of US Constitution and you reject much of God's Word. And why? Because you imagine your own judgment to be superior to that of the writers of those two works. I cannot therefore take you seriously.

Humorous TRT..

If only he was 1/10th as smart as what he thought he was.Confusednicker:
⬆️
Shall we break bread and divide Scripture? Until then, hollow words. That’s right: I’ll buy you lunch. Breakfast. Dinner. Bring Bob. Bring Granny. Bring Edna.

Not sure, really, the Echo Chamber is not full of white nationalists, so really dubious about how you parse the Constitution.

And Bob? Well, let’s just say your best bullying days are behind you.
Bob Seger Wrote:What!! No comment Geraldo??

What a shocker!!

“Come in legally.”

Why not hold the families together, process whatever they need to, then send them back to Honduras en masse? Red herring, faux bully Bob. The issue was the separating of “tender age” (oh the irony) children from parents.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Perhaps you selectively read, or perhaps you stopped reading. Then again, perhaps...eh, never mind. Carry on, GB.

Check again, man with great brain. You definition is LISTED in the urban dictionary as one from conservapedia.com. UDs definition is different. It’s the one I posted.

All I've heard from you on matters of Scripture are heresies. Therefore I refuse to upgrade your act by participating, nor will I assist you in any attempt to defile His Holy Word.

2 Timothy 3:16 (KJV)

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

You got something to say, then lay it out there.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:⬆️
Shall we break bread and divide Scripture? Until then, hollow words. That’s right: I’ll buy you lunch. Breakfast. Dinner. Bring Bob. Bring Granny. Bring Edna.

Not sure, really, the Echo Chamber is not full of white nationalists, so really dubious about how you parse the Constitution.

And Bob? Well, let’s just say your best bullying days are behind you.

Oh I can attest to the fact that there are a great many things you're not sure about. But that doesn't stop you from making categorical statements about them anyway.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Oh I can attest to the fact that there are a great many things you're not sure about. But that doesn't stop you from making categorical statements about them anyway.

Yep, not sure as to white nationalists. However, I am sure the Echo Chamber is just as full of political gamesmanship as everywhere else. Hungry? Maybe next week, eh?
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:“Come in legally.”

Why not hold the families together, process whatever they need to, then send them back to Honduras en masse? Red herring, faux bully Bob. The issue was the separating of “tender age” (oh the irony) children from parents.

Uh, because it's not the law, moron..

Yeah, and that applies to you too, bobblehead.
Where is the outrage that Sarah Huckabee was asked to leave a public restaurant because off her political affiliation?

Where is the outrage that Maxine Waters has declared war on any Trump supporter, and called for action to confront them EVERYWHERE THEY ARE SEEN?
Granny Bear Wrote:Where is the outrage that Sarah Huckabee was asked to leave a public restaurant because off her political affiliation?

Where is the outrage that Maxine Waters has declared war on any Trump supporter, and called for action to confront them EVERYWHERE THEY ARE SEEN?

It is ridicululous. Both instances. I enjoy the debate on here. How we get after each other. But I have said and say this: I would sit down and eat with GB, TRT, Bob, any of you. Sarah Huckabee encountered intolerance. Maxine Waters is wrong here. Period.

The President must make clear his hard line is against illegal immigration, while acknowledging that American industry has made quite a use of immigrant labor. Circa 2018, strong, secure borders are necessary, as is a comprehensive, humane, contemporary immigration policy.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Yep, not sure as to white nationalists. However, I am sure the Echo Chamber is just as full of political gamesmanship as everywhere else. Hungry? Maybe next week, eh?

I don't mind straightening you out on the silliness that you and Gitback agree on. Most of it is likely as hollow as your like total.

But I will never meet you at the septic tank for any kind of a debate about God's Word. I draw spontaneous parallels between Scripture and current events unafraid of meaningful rebuff. I do so because all truth is interrelational and mutually inclusive. Truth always supports other truth.

Again, if you want to make some statement citing Scripture in support of an idea you want to convey, go for it. I notice everytime you try to slam me for citing long established doctrine or interpretation, bobblehead jumps up and likes it. I'd be wary about my influence if I were you. Meanwhile always careful to cite the particular Scriptural reference, there exists on this forum hundreds, if not thousands of posts in which I have made Scriptural references. A veritable paradise for you to farm through in search of error. Do your best.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Granny Bear Wrote:Where is the outrage that Sarah Huckabee was asked to leave a public restaurant because off her political affiliation?

Exactly right Granny Bear, and I for one am tired of tiptoeing around that which constitutes the REAL bias in this land. Maxine Waters, past Chair of the CBC, does not represent all 'the people.' If she doesn't harbor contempt for all white people you could have fooled me. Maxine Waters has as you said, called for and continues to encourage the malcontents which she represents, to attack any known member of the Trump Administration no matter where they are seen. The true face of the so-called resistance, is that of the anarchist. Imagine the possibility of being accosted from the time you leave your front doorstep each morning, having to worry about the well being of your family, and yourself.

This kind of thing is more than just wrong. It is traitorous.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:I don't mind straightening you out on the silliness that you and Gitback agree on. Most of it is likely as hollow as your like total.

But I will never meet you at the septic tank for any kind of a debate about God's Word. I draw spontaneous parallels between Scripture and current events unafraid of meaningful rebuff. I do so because all truth is interrelational and mutually inclusive. Truth always supports other truth.

Again, if you want to make some statement citing Scripture in support of an idea you want to convey, go for it. I notice everytime you try to slam me for citing long established doctrine or interpretation, bobblehead jumps up and likes it. I'd be wary about my influence if I were you. Meanwhile always careful to cite the particular Scriptural reference, there exists on this forum hundreds, if not thousands of posts in which I have made Scriptural references. A veritable paradise for you to farm through in search of error. Do your best.

And in none of those posts you are in error? You see but through a glass perfectly? If you believe so, and tie your perception of right belief to the politics of a nation, aren’t you as dangerous as an extremist imam?

Funny, the Apostle Paul, in Athens and elsewhere, came into debate.

Oh well, pity.
TheRealThing Wrote:Exactly right Granny Bear, and I for one am tired of tiptoeing around that which constitutes the REAL bias in this land. Maxine Waters, past Chair of the CBC, does not represent all 'the people.' If she doesn't harbor contempt for all white people you could have fooled me. Maxine Waters has as you said, called for and continues to encourage the malcontents which she represents, to attack any known member of the Trump Administration no matter where they are seen. The true face of the so-called resistance, is that of the anarchist. Imagine the possibility of being accosted from the time you leave your front doorstep each morning, having to worry about the well being of your family, and yourself.

This kind of thing is more than just wrong. It is traitorous.

Maxine Waters is a politician appealing to her base in a red meat toss. Confronting and screaming at public officials in their private comings and goings is not traiterous, but it is at a level of uncivil magnitude 5.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Maxine Waters is a politician appealing to her base in a red meat toss. Confronting and screaming at public officials in their private comings and goings is not traiterous, but it is at a level of uncivil magnitude 5.

I say otherwise. Whether if just obnoxious loudmouths or a bunch of thugs out harassing federal officials, foaming at the mouth in threatening and hateful fashion, it ought not happen in this land. And the White House Press Secretary and her family certainly should not be accosted while away from home at a public restaurant, ala the same manner the Obama administration permitted in the case of Trump supporters during the campaign they tried to monkey with. The whole thing with regard to the Press Secretary had to be a set-up at the hands of a federal employee who got wind of her plans, and who in my opinion richly deserves being fired. But is this example the level of life you want for your family?

The US Constitution’s Preamble---the federal government was established (and the Constitution was adopted) to; “form a more perfect union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquillity, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity.”

Getting shouted out of a restaurant is hardly an example of domestic tranquility. It is rather, an example of mindless disrespect, and the rejection of the 'will of the people' by opposing political operatives. Any thoughtful American should be outraged.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:I say otherwise. Whether if just obnoxious loudmouths or a bunch of thugs out harassing federal officials, foaming at the mouth in threatening and hateful fashion, it ought not happen in this land. And the White House Press Secretary and her family certainly should not be accosted while away from home at a public restaurant, ala the same manner the Obama administration permitted in the case of Trump supporters during the campaign they tried to monkey with. The whole thing with regard to the Press Secretary had to be a set-up at the hands of a federal employee who got wind of her plans, and who in my opinion richly deserves being fired. But is this example the level of life you want for your family?

The US Constitution’s Preamble---the federal government was established (and the Constitution was adopted) to; “form a more perfect union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquillity, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity.”

Getting shouted out of a restaurant is hardly an example of domestic tranquility. It is rather, an example of mindless disrespect, and the rejection of the 'will of the people' by opposing political operatives. Any thoughtful American should be outraged.

I would not go quite so far as traiterous, but I would say it is a level of incivility that is not in the best interest of the country. I hold Maxine Waters more accountable. She ought to know better.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:I would not go quite so far as traiterous, but I would say it is a level of incivility that is not in the best interest of the country. I hold Maxine Waters more accountable. She ought to know better.

She OUGHT to be removed from office.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:She OUGHT to be removed from office.

Here’s the thing: in her district, that “red meat” may well help her.
^^ Yeah but cut the broad range of government goodies to all of those in her district, and see how fast her support turns around.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Liberals haven't kicked this many people they don't like out of restaurants since the 1950's.