Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preseason Favorites
CoachNM0523 Wrote:The kid you’re talking about could very well be the best in his grade of the kids I’ve seen. Absolute play maker.

I also watch the middle school games last year in the playoffs and I thought he was one of the better players I seen. Now I seen some good players from Corbin and Boyle especially their kicker and I think he is right up there with them yes I may be alittle biased but I do try to be objective. He could be one of the best to come out of Pikeville in awhile but that is up to him if he puts in the work. He also is a great young man very humble but a real hard nose player.
FoSho congratulations to the young man for that great time he ran the 60 in up in Indiana at the future games this week. Great effort by him.
Patriot1 Wrote:FoSho congratulations to the young man for that great time he ran the 60 in up in Indiana at the future games this week. Great effort by him.

Who?

Grant Hotchkiss? He's a great athlete.
Patriot1 Wrote:If I can make it I might be there but don’t know yet. I appreciate the offer to let me know and may have to take you up on it and I honest believe you would give me a fair assessment.

Hit me up if you come, we can get together and talk a little football.
FoSho Wrote:Hit me up if you come, we can get together and talk a little football.

I will do that if you don’t care to talk to an old fat guy. Yes that’s who I was talking about but I won’t mention no names .
footballfever Wrote:So GUT you are officially a red dog now?

looks like it's confirmed.
If the new guy for Boyle is better than Pikeville's returning stud RB I would have to see it. Props to Pikeville coaches for scheduling Boyle right out of the gate.
jetpilot Wrote:If the new guy for Boyle is better than Pikeville's returning stud RB I would have to see it. Props to Pikeville coaches for scheduling Boyle right out of the gate.

I’ve been around both, they’re both tremendous athletes but the kid for Pikeville is not only a game changer on offense but he’s one of the best defensive middle school players I’ve seen.
Pikeville was going to scrimmage Johnson County Middle School tomorrow but it has been canceled,said that couldn’t get it to happen. Don’t know why but it’s off
CoachNM0523 Wrote:I’ve been around both, they’re both tremendous athletes but the kid for Pikeville is not only a game changer on offense but he’s one of the best defensive middle school players I’ve seen.

Looking forward to seeing the matchup but I'm not 100% positive the BCMS kid will be playing yet......transfer has happened but not sure of eligibility.
FoSho Wrote:Looking forward to seeing the matchup but I'm not 100% positive the BCMS kid will be playing yet......transfer has happened but not sure of eligibility.

Me, too glad to see Pikeville playing good competition but they usually do. Paintsville,Johnson County Middle,Hazard and Belfry and than last two years they have played LCA so they play good teams.Hope it’s a good game but one never knows and hope to get down and meet up and talk some football
FoSho Wrote:Looking forward to seeing the matchup but I'm not 100% positive the BCMS kid will be playing yet......transfer has happened but not sure of eligibility.

Kids really good at basketball too. Don’t know how boyle is there.
CoachNM0523 Wrote:Kids really good at basketball too. Don’t know how boyle is there.

The kid will make a difference in both sports if he buys in and gets with the program. Boyle is one of those schools that doesn't reward ANYTHING but TEAM FIRST. From what I'm hearing, the commitment is there so far.
footballfever Wrote:So GUT you are officially a red dog now?

My boy is. Couldn't send him to Whitley with that staff...

Im very pleased with what we did to BG.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:My boy is. Couldn't send him to Whitley with that staff...

Yep! I didn’t expect the 7th grade to pull it off like that. The 8th grade yeah. Maybe we’ll have another sweep of the title games
My nephew just got back home and said corbin 8th grade won! Beat a solid marryville team 14-6. Good job Hounds
BCMS transfer still not practicing from what I hear?!?!
Yes, Corbin beat Maryville again.

That's a heck of an accomplishment
Pikeville Middle beat Boyle in the game today 26 to 24. Might be a moral victory for Pikeville but the game left a lot to work on. There was sloppy play on both sides of the ball but their was some good things.#45 from Pikeville played a great game and #38 from Boyle. Boyle didn’t have their transfer playing yet which could really help them. Pikeville had good moments but also bad ones but they won. This was their first game or any kind of real contact but I think they have a chance to be a really good team once they get everyone in the right positions.
Pikeville over Boyle is huge any way you slice it. Look for big things from these Panthers.:Cheerlead
Patriot1 Wrote:Pikeville Middle beat Boyle in the game today 26 to 24. Might be a moral victory for Pikeville but the game left a lot to work on. There was sloppy play on both sides of the ball but their was some good things.#45 from Pikeville played a great game and #38 from Boyle. Boyle didn’t have their transfer playing yet which could really help them. Pikeville had good moments but also bad ones but they won. This was their first game or any kind of real contact but I think they have a chance to be a really good team once they get everyone in the right positions.

The transfer will practice starting mid-week. He will be a difference maker on both sides of the ball.

Sorry I missed you today. I couldn't make it due to some family obligations.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:My boy is. Couldn't send him to Whitley with that staff...

I thought you said you just had daughters. Good luck to him. I do think Coach Shriner will do a great job. He’s a good man and coach.
footballfever Wrote:I thought you said you just had daughters. Good luck to him. I do think Coach Shriner will do a great job. He’s a good man and coach.

Nope 2 boys.

I think shriner will do fine as well.
Better than Bryant for sure.
The transfer is complete and the player is playing now......and is as good as advertised. 😳
Knox Middle 8th grade team is making some noise early in the season. Outscored opponents 131-18 after 3 games.
FootballFan50 Wrote:Knox Middle 8th grade team is making some noise early in the season. Outscored opponents 131-18 after 3 games.

Who have you played?
Knox has looked pretty solid so far.
They've picked up some good wins.
So, are everyone’s preseason picks the same after the first couple of weeks? Any suprises? Changes?
Hound05 Wrote:So, are everyone’s preseason picks the same after the first couple of weeks? Any suprises? Changes?

For seventh grade, Northern Pulaski is down. I've heard North Laurel has a tough team. Corbin's seventh is undefeated and has quality wins and I believe has yet to be scored on this season. There only trouble is finding games (if you're a seventh grade coach and need games let me know and I'll get a hold of their coach). I've not heard anything from Caudill, but from my understanding they had a lot of 6th graders starting last year so I'm sure they are solid.

In 8th grade D1, I still think it will come down to Northern Pulaski, Johnson Central, or Westport. Westport beat NP earlier in the season, and I know that NP and JC both have some kids nagging injuries right now.

8th grade D2 I still believe it's Corbin's to lose. I think they're loaded across the board and will be a tough out. Boyle I'm sure will be a tough out but don't know what they have past their RB, albeit he's a very talented kid. Taylor County also has a kid who's a stud who's a dynamic playmaker. Don't know what the west side of the state looks like.

8th grade D3 I chose Paintsville and Pikeville as two teams who could be favorites and they play this week. That game should tell who I would say is the favorite. Paintsville is undefeated so far and have been quality opponents. They have a kid who may be the best RB in 8th grade, and Pikeville has a kid who may be the best all around player in his grade.

Good quality games coming up this month!
Corbins games against northern pulaski were cancelled due to rain.
Fun stretch of games coming up for corbin though.
And please somebody play our 7th grade boys. Too many running from us right now.