Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brock Lensar needs to choose.... WWE or UFC
I'm a fan of both MMA & Pro wrestling.... specifically, the UFC & WWE. No doubt we will see more MMA stars make the jump to pro wrestling (Ronda Rousey & Brock Lesnar). IMO, once that person makes the switch, they need to stay with it and not flip/flop back & forth.

BROCK LESNAR NEEDS TO CHOOSE!!!!! Either stick with pro wrestling or stick with MMA. Jumping back & forth between the two is bad for both businesses.

- Yes, Brock is a former NCAA Div. 1, HWT. wrestling champion & a former UFC HWT. Champion. Not too mention all of his WWE title runs.
- Doesn't matter who has the straps, but the WWE championship and/or the WWE Universal championship need to be defended on every pay-per-view. Not be held by a part-time talent that works when they want.
- Brock tested positive after UFC 200 for a banned substance.
- Brock has been compared to Andre the Giant as a "special attraction".... Andre didn't need a title for him to be Over and one of the biggest draws in the 70's & 80's. The same argument can be made for Brock... Brock is bigger than any WWE title.
- Everybody knows that pro wrestling has scripted outcomes. MMA is supposed to be true combat with no fixed outcomes. What does that say if the champion of the biggest pro wrestling promotion in the world steps in front of all of the true top 10 contenders and gets a title shot in the worlds largest MMA promotion.
- Is the WWE trying to be more like MMA OR is MMA trying to be more like the WWE?

No way Vince McMahon & Dana White will ever have dual promotional events.

Brock, you need to choose the Octagon or the Squared-Circle.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Why would he chose when he's making money over fist? WWE knows he's doing MMA and they're fine with it. Brock always keeps Vince up-to-date with everything going on. If I was him and I'm sure a lot of people would say the same thing, why chose one when you can make money doing both?!?!?!
Strikeout King Wrote:Why would he chose when he's making money over fist? WWE knows he's doing MMA and they're fine with it. Brock always keeps Vince up-to-date with everything going on. If I was him and I'm sure a lot of people would say the same thing, why chose one when you can make money doing both?!?!?!

Money drives everything. Brock Lesnar will loose his "special attraction" status to the WWE fan base if he gets beat against Daniel Cormier. The hype will be all over the place as will the result. No way the WWE universe will buy Brock as the 'monster' if he looses. No way the WWE spins a UFC loss as a fluke or Brock got cheated.

As a promoter, Vince can Push somebody else.

Bret Hart....Shawn Michaels....Stone Cole....The Undertaker....Kane
Randy Orton....John Cena....CM Punk.... Brock Lesnar.... Seth Rollins

Vince always finds somebody else.
no way. Your crazy if you think that. Look at everytime he's returned, he hasn't lost anything with the fan base. He's making money over hand and fist and I don't blame him for doing both. If WWE/Vince is okay with him doing both then so be it.

If your networth was $22 MIL and counting, you'd be doing both...
Strikeout King Wrote:no way. Your crazy if you think that. Look at everytime he's returned, he hasn't lost anything with the fan base. He's making money over hand and fist and I don't blame him for doing both. If WWE/Vince is okay with him doing both then so be it.

If your networth was $22 MIL and counting, you'd be doing both...

I can see VKM letting his talent have movie & TV deals in their contracts.

We can do the "What If" game til the cows come home, but Brock's last UFC fight was ruled a No Contest after he popped hot for steroids. Brock has the a major WWE strap right now.

A: Brock keeps the Universal belt through his fight.
B: Brock forfeits the Universal belt.
C: Brock gets beat for the Universal belt before his fight.
D: Let's say Brock does win the UFC belt, he will have to defend it. Will he be able to the WWE Universal champ & the UFC HW champ at the same time?

AA: I don't think Zuffa/Dana White would let or want Brock to bring the WWE Universal Belt on their events. If Brock is still the WWE Universal champ when said fight occurs, and he doesn't wear it or being it to the octagon, what is that saying about the legitimacy of him being the WWE Universal Champion?

BB: Would Zuffa/Dana White want their UFC Heavyweight championship belt on a WWE event. My guess is NO. IMO, the last thing the UFC wants is to have people thinking UFC fights are booked the WWE matches. I know the WWE would acknowledge Brock as the UFC heavyweight champ, but without having the belt, it's just not the same eye candy.

CC: Brock wins or looses his UFC title fight, doesn't matter, but he is still the WWE Universal champion & pops hot again for steroids.
- The WWE will have to strip him of the belt.
- The WWE will have to suspend him.
- He will probably get a very lengthy suspension from the Nevada state athletic commission & his UFC days are over.
According to his contract, Brock has one more match in WWE before his contract is up, if he wins and keeps the Universal title, I will be shocked. I don't think DC will beat him in the Octagon, from what I seen when DC called Brock out, DC looks fat. Not making fun of fat people but he looked fat.

I can see Dana White and Vince having a working relationship where both guys let their talent go and do things with each other's business.

Is this the last time we'll see Lesnar in a WWE ring? Highly doubtful.

Point is, Lesnar is making money over hand and fist, doing both, why stop? I wouldn't if I was in his shoes.
I honestly think that part of Brock Lesnar's aura is that informed fans (or marks, smarks, etc.) see him as a hired gun/mercenary type.

When he busted open Orton with the elbows, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't thinking to myself "did he just get pissed, go completely off script, and open up Orton the hard way because he could"? Seeing what he'd already done to Bob Holly (who comes off as insufferable from all I've seen save his working through the vicious back laceration from the table in an ECW match) kind of reinforced that.

Seeing most of the roster in person, he, Strowman, and the Authors of Pain are some of the few guys that you are just in awe of because they are so freakishly big and muscular. It being out there that he's juicing and could fly off in a roid rage given his MMA and amateur wrestling skills is, in a messed up way, kind of a plus in that it doesn't take much suspension of belief to think he might actually be shooting on someone.
Brock doesn't need to listen to you, Pulp.

You also said Ronda Rousey wouldn't have any value in WWE after losing her title.