Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell's Seth Harvey
For all my fellow Russell Red Devil Fans, I have bad news. Seth Harvey will be moving at the end of the school year back to Louisville. Job opportunities for me (his Dad), his step-mothers desire to be close to her family, & other various personal issues required we move back. I'd like to thank all the wonderful people at Russell for all their support and warm wishes. Truely, it was a very difficult decision to make. We'll be enrolling him back into St X for his Junior & Senior years. Wanted to you hear it straight from the "horses mouth", so that's why I posted it here.:howdy:
Well you have answered all of my questions. I wish him the best of luck and keep us posted as to what he does in his football career. I will miss our talks at the ballgames but you have to do what is best for the family.
I hate to see him go, but the Red Devils will be able to bounce back from this set back. Seth seems like a great kid with a great work ethic. I listed him on my all time Russell Defensive line and I've been watching Russell Football for 28 seasons. Great size, good footwork, good speed. I hope to see him playing D1 football on Saturdays in a couple years.
Congrats on the new job opportunity, yea we hate to see him go but I have a feeling that I will be watching him where ever he goes to college on TV. I feel blessed to have seen him play 8th grade ball and his sophomore season at Russell. I hope that all goes well for you and hope your family will have the best of luck and this time when you go......Just remember, we at Russell think very highly of Yourself and your family, Best of luck to all of you...Yea and to BigFoot too. !!
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
I'd say we could fix ya up with a nice job here in Belfry!!!Big Grin
Just joking. Smile
:thatsfunn
:lmao: That was pretty funny!

Crossbones Wrote:I'd say we could fix ya up with a nice job here in Belfry!!!Big Grin
Just joking. Smile
I am sure the Red Devils will bounce back and still be one of the teams to beat for state next year. I really hope I get to watch you all win state next year....
RedDevilStXIUFan Wrote:For all my fellow Russell Red Devil Fans, I have bad news. Seth Harvey will be moving at the end of the school year back to Louisville. Job opportunities for me (his Dad), his step-mothers desire to be close to her family, & other various personal issues required we move back. I'd like to thank all the wonderful people at Russell for all their support and warm wishes. Truely, it was a very difficult decision to make. We'll be enrolling him back into St X for his Junior & Senior years. Wanted to you hear it straight from the "horses mouth", so that's why I posted it here.:howdy:
Bad news for Russell

Good news for St X.

Best of luck.
I spoke to a coach last night and he was commenting on the turn out of spring practice. We only had around 40 there, BUT that was not counting the guys playing baseball, track and spring vacations. He predicts around 80 this year. Seth will be missed, but there are some boys chompin at the bit to get that spot and are focused onthe opportunity.
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:I spoke to a coach last night and he was commenting on the turn out of spring practice. We only had around 40 there, BUT that was not counting the guys playing baseball, track and spring vacations. He predicts around 80 this year. Seth will be missed, but there are some boys chompin at the bit to get that spot and are focused onthe opportunity.

Russell is a system program. Yes, players make plays but Russell's system & excellent coaches put the players in the right position to make those plays. The boys chompin' at the bit are more than capable of getting Russell back to state. I believe it will come down to Russell/Belfry to go to state but don't overlook Breathitt.
Sorry to lose Seth in football, but he just a great kid! I enjoyed having Seth in class and talking with him. I know he will do great things wherever he goes! Good Luck to you and your family.
there r some big boy down there he will fit right in
t-cat50 Wrote:there r some big boy down there he will fit right in

I'm not sure there will be that many bigger than what is around here, just more numbers....
true he just won't stand out as much there
t-cat50 Wrote:true he just won't stand out as much there

Not so sure about that...
We will know what kind of player Harvey is by week 3 of this upcoming season. IMO, if he is playing OT and playing it well, he can expect offers from the BCS conference teams. WIth size like that, if he has work ethic, strength and technique are just a matter of time..

I hope Mr. Harvey is not tied to UoL.... UK would be a lovely place for him to step in and play early - against the best competition in the nation.
LovetheBucs Wrote:We will know what kind of player Harvey is by week 3 of this upcoming season. IMO, if he is playing OT and playing it well, he can expect offers from the BCS conference teams. WIth size like that, if he has work ethic, strength and technique are just a matter of time..

I hope Mr. Harvey is not tied to UoL.... UK would be a lovely place for him to step in and play early - against the best competition in the nation.

Are you refering to the Lexington Catholic game? He's played almost all the teams on the schedule for St X as a freshman. Does Lex Cath have a stud of a DT or something? Just curious.
I went to school during the 2006 season at Louisville Western, the players are alot bigger, stronger and faster than the boys in EKY.
LovetheBucs Wrote:We will know what kind of player Harvey is by week 3 of this upcoming season. IMO, if he is playing OT and playing it well, he can expect offers from the BCS conference teams. WIth size like that, if he has work ethic, strength and technique are just a matter of time..

I'm more of an Indiana U fan, however, UK would be fine with me. Heck, anywhere he can go get a college education would be fine with me.Smile I do agree that the SEC is probably the best overall conference in the nation.
cig107 Wrote:I went to school during the 2006 season at Louisville Western, the players are alot bigger, stronger and faster than the boys in EKY.

I honestly think they'll be the ones challenged to keep up. He's working on his quickness extra this summer and of course hitting the weights. I don't worry about bigger...Big Grin
I havn't even heard of him anyway so I don't really know how good he is...post a video or something on here so I can see what he can do.
cig107 Wrote:I went to school during the 2006 season at Louisville Western, the players are alot bigger, stronger and faster than the boys in EKY.
He played at X as a freshman. He played in Louisville in the state championship game this year. Players are players. Louisville has more because of population density. Where you are from has nothing to do with how good you are. There are some teams in EKY that have held there own with teams from around the state.

Louisville Western wasn't big enough, strong enough or quick enough to be playing in December 2006 at Papa Johns Stadium.

Seth Harvey was.

As a Sophmore.

Starter.

Varsity.

:devilflam

yeah thats why louisville western wasnt in papa johns on dec. 1st and russell was. sorry cig, its you all who cant hang
Calm down. I said I have never even seen him. I wasn't putting any team or person down. Just because I post one comment not completely agreeing with you you down the school I went to and tell me I can't "hang". BTW Western could take Russel. I don't care who they have.
cig107 Wrote:Calm down. I said I have never even seen him. I wasn't putting any team or person down. Just because I post one comment not completely agreeing with you you down the school I went to and tell me I can't "hang". BTW Western could take Russel. I don't care who they have.
:lmao: BTW it's not nice to call someone an Idiot.

Western was all hype last year and No Bite. Just ask Larue Co. who got throttled by Mercer Co. 56-14.
cig107 Wrote:Calm down. I said I have never even seen him. I wasn't putting any team or person down. Just because I post one comment not completely agreeing with you you down the school I went to and tell me I can't "hang". BTW Western could take Russel. I don't care who they have.

Enough of the name calling. As far as Western taking Russell no matter who they have they sure did not prove it this year. Western got put out second round by Larue who then went on to get beat by Mercer 56-14. Russell only lost 15-12 to Mercer. I know scores don't always mean anything but it sure looks like Russell had the better run this year.
Midee1 Wrote:Enough of the name calling. As far as Western taking Russell no matter who they have they sure did not prove it this year. Western got put out second round by Larue who then went on to get beat by Mercer 56-14. Russell only lost 15-12 to Mercer. I know scores don't always mean anything but it sure looks like Russell had the better run this year.

Yeah and Mercer got lucky on their first TD by recovering a fumble in the end zone that their QB lost trying to get into paydirt. If the fumble goes the other way Russell wins.

No scoring in the 3rd or 4th Quarters.
cig107 Wrote:Western could take Russel. I don't care who they have.

make it out of the 2nd round buddy then come talk to me :devilflam