Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
13th Region Predictions
HCS Wrote:You must be going way back for those - I don't know.
I have a copy of the 1976 regional tournament program - Annville Institute and Henderson Settlement were both listed as 13th Region schools that year.

Middleboro Lincoln Tarzana and the Mackey Bend Scots. The last time I was in Mackey Bend, the old two-story wooden school building was still standing. Mackey Bend is located off hwy 11 between Barbourville and Whitley County,

Did you know that before Hall High Grays Knob competed in the 13th Region?
Jaguarhoundbird Wrote:This was from earlier in the summer. The Cardet kid stayed in Florida. North Laurel does have a kid from Florida though. Don't know a thing about him.

Doesn't matter give him a few weeks Sizemore will have him ran off to Jackson or Clay.
With football over at Bell County time to switch gears to basketball. I didn't make it Thursday night, but I hear we lost by 8 to Whitley without our football players. I think we have a shot to be special this year with all the talent we have. Should be a great season!
If you lost to Whitley you could be in trouble. Whitley may not win a game. Bells basketball is in turmoil. .500 if you are lucky and depending on your schedule. If you have a schedule like the football team you may win a few more. Bell win not be a factor in this region this year.
On a much brighter note Middlesboro will be a sleeper in this region. Could very well win it.
NextGeneration Wrote:If you lost to Whitley you could be in trouble. Whitley may not win a game. Bells basketball is in turmoil. .500 if you are lucky and depending on your schedule. If you have a schedule like the football team you may win a few more. Bell win not be a factor in this region this year.

I might agree with that except from what I've told we had 3 players out (1 sick and 2 from football) that will be starters. You take 3 starters off any team that is going to set you back some. Middlesboro loaded up with transfers, but its been a while since they have had a "W" vs. Bell. I'm going to say 5 years maybe? We will see...
NextGeneration Wrote:On a much brighter note Middlesboro will be a sleeper in this region. Could very well win it.

I’d bet any amount they won’t.
South will win the region. Knox should, especially with adding another athlete in the Renfro kid. But you know how that same old song and dance goes every year.
Head and shoulders may be a stretch, but they are most certainly the pre-season favorite.
FootballFan1999 Wrote:I’d bet any amount they won’t.

Just wondering how clear are you on definition of sleeper and favorite? Settle down Mary.
ArJay Wrote:I might agree with that except from what I've told we had 3 players out (1 sick and 2 from football) that will be starters. You take 3 starters off any team that is going to set you back some. Middlesboro loaded up with transfers, but its been a while since they have had a "W" vs. Bell. I'm going to say 5 years maybe? We will see...

Glad we don’t take scores from the last 5 years. Your Coach is a nut Barney. He has killed your program. Time will show you.
NextGeneration Wrote:Just wondering how clear are you on definition of sleeper and favorite? Settle down Mary.

“Could very well win it”. Hell I guess you could say any team could very well win it, good call Skip.
Could verses will win it all. Thanks Mary

Sleeper means have a chance or could. Favorite means will or should win it all.
NextGeneration Wrote:Could verses will win it all. Thanks Mary

Sleeper means have a chance or could. Favorite means will or should win it all.

Anyone technically “has a chance”. Keep spewing big facts Skip!
NextGeneration Wrote:Glad we don’t take scores from the last 5 years. Your Coach is a nut Barney. He has killed your program. Time will show you.

Hope your wrong. I thought we would be very talented, but we lost a couple very good players. We still have lots of talent.
64SUR Wrote:1. South Laurel
2. Knox Central
3. Corbin
4. North Laurel ( my sleeper team )
5. Harlan Ind ( another sleeper )
6. Clay County
7. Harlan County
8. Bell County
9. Whitley County
10. Jackson County

:closeenough:

ky playmaker Wrote:1. South
2.knox
3.Corbin
4. Clay
5. Harlan co

factsonlyplease Wrote:North Laurel
Corbin
South Laurel: most talented but can't make it past these two again this year
Knox Central
Clay County

Just a few and we can find many more......
Xerxes Wrote:Just a few and we can find many more......

Who’s we Confusednicker:
South Laureal or Clay
Whitley county should just fold up their season and get it over with.
What’s the deal with Whitley County?