Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm having trouble.
Lately I've been having a lot of freezing problems, as well as getting 9308209384093 popups.. I just went to add/remove programs, and there were things on there that I had never seen before.. I need some help from someone lol..
you probably need to go to http://www.downloads.com and download adaware
its a great program for removing unwanted programs on you computer
try that and see is that works!
I think i had taht once before and it put a block on my music downloading. I thikn
Get Spybot Search and Destroy
Taxi, go to the spyware section and download the Microsoft Spyware removal tool from Microsoft. The link is posted there..
THANX.. EVERYONE..
no problem
and i have the spybot search and destroy and i must say its great
well i had that same problem...i just saved all my important info and reformatted my hard drive...
Reformat all your inprotant stuff to a Disk
The best one I have tried is Bulletproof go to bulletproofsoft.com
Adaware probably removed a file that was either spyware or had the same name as spyware in your music program. A lot of those programs, especially Kazaa, have spyware. You can ignore the files it finds in your music program folder if you want.
Kazaa-lite is a great alternative (if it's still around) to Kazaa by the way. It has a file that will show up in adaware, but it's not spoyware. Just there to fool the program into thinking it's there.
I use LimeWire for downloads and have never had a problem out of mine yet. I also use Adaware and Spybot Search and Destroy.
Limewire is the best one in my opinion, i've used them all (kazaa, morpheous, ares etc)

Adaware 6.0 whatever the free one is (http://www.lavasoft.de) is what i use for spyware, and then norton antivirus.
Honestly if you have pop-ups you have spyware, you're best bet is to back everything up and reformat your hard drive, you will never get everything out of your computers registry that will completely remove everything.
I had a trillion pop-ups when I opened internet explorer on the laptop and today it got to where it wouldn't load at all so I reformatted it and I got online on there earlier and everything was great! Does anyone know a good, safe site to d/l internet explorer 6 from? I have to d/l it to re-install msn on there....
Best program I have found for everything: System Mechanic go download it and try even defrags your ram.
"DTfan" Wrote:I had a trillion pop-ups when I opened internet explorer on the laptop and today it got to where it wouldn't load at all so I reformatted it and I got online on there earlier and everything was great! Does anyone know a good, safe site to d/l internet explorer 6 from? I have to d/l it to re-install msn on there....

You can download it from microsoft.com... somwhere on there. If I can find the link, I'll post it.
When my computer got real bad i use hijackthis and sent the log to a help forum. Got my puter cleaned up in a hury!
If i were you i'd go ahead and download Mozilla Firefox.. it's 10 times better than explorer, IMO..