Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Pikeville still goin to get the CBA basketball team??
Just wanting to know If Pikeville is still goin to get the CBA basketball team??
I never heard that it was confirmed they WERE getting one.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
15th region slamdunk Wrote:Just wanting to know If Pikeville is still goin to get the CBA basketball team??

I haven't heard anything about it in a while. I still think that the only way a CBA team could avoid going under really quick would be to stock the team with lots of players with local interest. By that I mean at least a couple ex-UK players.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I think we should get the AFL2 team, I think that will draw in a bigger crowed.
I believe that both ideas are/were under consideration but nothing has been made official yet.
Have not heard anything else.
I vote for minor league hockey.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
from what i hear we are in late 2007. and we will have the stupidest name ever. The East Kentucky Miners.
How is that the stupidest name ever? It repesents most of the blue collar working class people in eastern KY. I love it. I think we should have a high school in the mountains with that nickname.
pillsburythrowboy Wrote:How is that the stupidest name ever? It repesents most of the blue collar working class people in eastern KY. I love it. I think we should have a high school in the mountains with that nickname.

If any more schools in Eastern Kentucky are consolidated, they should be called the Miners, the person who said it's the stupidest name is an idiot. I guarantee he has had at least 1 person in the history of his family that had something to do with mining or coal.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:If any more schools in Eastern Kentucky are consolidated, they should be called the Miners, the person who said it's the stupidest name is an idiot. I guarantee he has had at least 1 person in the history of his family that had something to do with mining or coal.

but why have miners when there are other cool names out there like hurricanes or thunder etc. and who cares if i have a person in my family who has to do with coal. the name is stupid. hands down
Because it repsents the region very well. We don't get no hurricans and thunder is well kinda weird.. The miners is perfect. He is a pikeville fan though maybe he'd prefer the doctors or lawers and hey maybe they can play there games at the bowels addition.
Both the CBA and AFL2 were exploratory.
Both were looking at the area to gauge demand, future support, and viablilty.

Nothing has been determined.
pillsburythrowboy Wrote:Because it repsents the region very well. We don't get no hurricans and thunder is well kinda weird.. The miners is perfect. He is a pikeville fan though maybe he'd prefer the doctors or lawers and hey maybe they can play there games at the bowels addition.

There is too a Hurricane in Pike CountySmile

Of course it's pronounced "her-ih-can"

Anyways, the miners is a decent name, but it doesn't necessarily have to have anything to do with the surrounding region.

As far as I know, I've never seen an actual wildcat in Lexington. Pikeville has no panthers that I'm aware of. Cincinnati doesn't have any Bengals unless they're at the zoo, so it doesn't have to be relevant to the surrounding area.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
pillsburythrowboy Wrote:He is a pikeville fan though maybe he'd prefer the doctors or lawers and hey maybe they can play there games at the bowels addition.

That's a low blow.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
If...Then Wrote:but why have miners when there are other cool names out there like hurricanes or thunder etc. and who cares if i have a person in my family who has to do with coal. the name is stupid. hands down

Do you care to elaborate on why the name is stupid?

You can't seem to give any reason other than "there are cooler names."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
pillsburythrowboy Wrote:He is a pikeville fan though maybe he'd prefer the doctors or lawers and hey maybe they can play there games at the bowels addition.
I'm not sure what this is supposed to me other than degrading yourself. But the team will be in Pikeville, but represent the whole region. I think that the miners is a great name.

And you will not be playing any games in my yard.
pillsburythrowboy Wrote:Because it repsents the region very well. We don't get no hurricans and thunder is well kinda weird.. The miners is perfect. He is a pikeville fan though maybe he'd prefer the doctors or lawers and hey maybe they can play there games at the bowels addition.

Please lets not turn this into a city vs. county thing again. I've been sick of reading the goofy anonymous letters in the local paper slamming each other in recent weeks.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
But think of teams with names that do with their region:

Miami Hurricanes, Pittsburgh Steelers (steel workers), New York Yankees (New York big manufacturing city for the North in Civil War), Texas Longhorns, Tampa Bay Devil Rays, Nebraska Cornhuskers, Oklahoma Sooners.
I Like it..
that would be so cool cause they might start looking for local talent, but i doubt that they will because i dont think that its a big enough town.