Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville vs Magoffin 4-20
What is everyones toughts on this game. I think that this will turn out to be a close game. Paintsville is no where near what JC is... And Magoffin seemed to hang in there against them. I think 3 or 4 runs will seperate the two in this one.
thats funny, paintsville will 10-run them
Mr. 15th Region Wrote:What is everyones toughts on this game. I think that this will turn out to be a close game. Paintsville is no where near what JC is... And Magoffin seemed to hang in there against them. I think 3 or 4 runs will seperate the two in this one.

Smile LOL! That's Funny. Smile If this happens, it will because the Tigers were playing soccer instead of baseball and kick it all over the field.
The thing that everyone is failing to realize is that this is no longer a Paintsville Dynasty as it was when Adkins was there. Paintsville is running out of funding, the talent is no longer in the little league, its now in the county league, and they are on a slow spiral down. They have not beaten anyone really this year that is an actual contender for anything. I can remember in the past P-ville crushing everyone and the competition was much more then it is now. No Magoffin isn't there yet, they are no JCHS nor are they a P-ville. However, this year and over the next couple, Magoffin COunty will catch P-ville.
As far as kicking the ball all over the field, where I come from that is refeered to as playing d-fence... If you can't play defence then you dont deserve to win any way.
Mr. 15th Region Wrote:The thing that everyone is failing to realize is that this is no longer a Paintsville Dynasty as it was when Adkins was there. Paintsville is running out of funding, the talent is no longer in the little league, its now in the county league, and they are on a slow spiral down. They have not beaten anyone really this year that is an actual contender for anything. I can remember in the past P-ville crushing everyone and the competition was much more then it is now. No Magoffin isn't there yet, they are no JCHS nor are they a P-ville. However, this year and over the next couple, Magoffin COunty will catch P-ville.
As far as kicking the ball all over the field, where I come from that is refeered to as playing d-fence... If you can't play defence then you dont deserve to win any way.
Please order more brain cells!!!
I know that these are your opinions, but at least give some thought on them.

Paintsville will probably throw freshmen against MC and still mercy them.
The only reason Paintsville scheduled MC is so they can play on the field once befor districts!
If the Tigers wanted to, they could beat MC by 20 at least!
Mr. 15th Region Wrote:The thing that everyone is failing to realize is that this is no longer a Paintsville Dynasty as it was when Adkins was there. Paintsville is running out of funding, the talent is no longer in the little league, its now in the county league, and they are on a slow spiral down. They have not beaten anyone really this year that is an actual contender for anything. I can remember in the past P-ville crushing everyone and the competition was much more then it is now. No Magoffin isn't there yet, they are no JCHS nor are they a P-ville. However, this year and over the next couple, Magoffin COunty will catch P-ville.
HAHAHA, well i guess Rowan County, Perry Central, and Oak Ridge was just rowl over not compition teams? Well if they are i would hate to see the skill levels of the other teams in their region!
The team that Paintsville beat the other night could very easily win the 15th Region. The team from Oak Ridge was a very solid team, Paintsville just threw their ace, and he shut them down. I would love to see Magoffin Co. play Oak Ridge, and we'll see if Paintsville beat a pushover team or not.
I have not seen paintsville play this year but i have seen magoffin. If magoffin can keep paintsville hits down like the did vs JC monday. And if they can gets the bats rolling. Then i say it might be closer then what everyone thinks it will be
And also you have to give magoffin a chance they will stay in longer than what everbody thinks they will. So if magoffin comes ready to play, then i will say this game will be a good one, But if magoffin comes out flat and not ready to play then magoffin may be in for a long night
OKAY... First of all I am in no way bashing Paintsville... My point is this... Paintsville thought the same thing last year when districts rolled around... Seems to me like you Paintsville fans were sweating... So maybe after MC only loosing one player the P-ville bunch had best order some brain cells... All I'm saying is that it is time that MC should be gaining a little bit of respect...
As far as P-ville's schedule, where is Boyd, Butler, Ill give you all Perry County Central... If you want to get into the over all schedule strength you have to go with JC... They are by far the best team in this region. So why is everyone so bias and refuse to admit it?
[Image: http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard_gr...spacer.gif]
DATE [Image: http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard_gr...spacer.gif]
OPPONENT [Image: http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard_gr...spacer.gif]
SITE [Image: http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard_gr...spacer.gif]
SCORE Mar 26, '07Betsy LaynePaintsville16- 1(W)5 inningsMar 27, '07Greenup CountyGreenup County1- 9(L)Mar 29, '07South FloydPaintsville13- 1(W)Mar 30, '07East RidgePaintsville10- 0(W)6 inningsMar 31, '07Letcher County CentralPaintsville3- 1(W)Apr 2, '07PrestonsburgPaintsville7- 1(W)Apr 5, '07Sheldon Clark10- 9(W)15th Region All "A" Classic
Apr 6, '07Allen Central20- 2(W)15th Region All "A" Classic
Apr 7, '07Pikeville11- 5(W)15th Region All "A" Classic
Apr 9, '07Rowan CountyRowan County14- 5(W)Apr 10, '07Sheldon ClarkPaintsville13- 0(W)Apr 12, '07Perry County CentralPaintsville11- 1(W)Paintsville Tiger Classic
Apr 13, '07Oak Ridge, TNPaintsville5- 2(W)Paintsville Tiger Classic
They look pretty good to me.
Mr. 15th Region Wrote:OKAY... First of all I am in no way bashing Paintsville... My point is this... Paintsville thought the same thing last year when districts rolled around... Seems to me like you Paintsville fans were sweating... So maybe after MC only loosing one player the P-ville bunch had best order some brain cells... All I'm saying is that it is time that MC should be gaining a little bit of respect...
As far as P-ville's schedule, where is Boyd, Butler, Ill give you all Perry County Central... If you want to get into the over all schedule strength you have to go with JC... They are by far the best team in this region. So why is everyone so bias and refuse to admit it?
If you even looked at the schedule, you'll see that Paintsville plays Boyd Co. Monday. Then they play Louisville Butler later on in the year during a tournament in Louisville.
As Homer Simpson would say "DOOOOH!"
Mr. 15th Region Wrote:OKAY... First of all I am in no way bashing Paintsville... My point is this... Paintsville thought the same thing last year when districts rolled around... Seems to me like you Paintsville fans were sweating... So maybe after MC only loosing one player the P-ville bunch had best order some brain cells... All I'm saying is that it is time that MC should be gaining a little bit of respect...
We understand that you are not trying to bash Paintsville.
It is just that you don't really know enough about this subject, and it is showing.
JC is very good, and has played some really good teams. But go and ask any knowledgable JC fan, and they will tell you that Paintsville and JC could play each other a hundred times and nobody could tell you which one would win the most games. Thanks for giving the Tigers PCC.....They mercied them 11-1 and AJC beat them 1-0.
Nobody was sweating last year against MC. the Tigers struggled against everyone that threw guys that couldn't break 65 mph. But get it up over 80.....please!
Just let the season play out, and then give us your opp. on PHS. I know that I would be very glad to see a much improved MCHS!
As far as the remark about me not knowing anything about the subject of baseball... Guru, just how many years did you spend playing the sport? Also, I know how it is when JC and P-ville play, years ago I was a part of that rivalry. If you want to get serious about the JC, P-ville deal how many games has JC lost in the state of KY this year? You should know as well as any one the competition at the beach is twice that of our area. Take those three l's away from JC and they are what this year? 11-0 I believe and un beaten in the state of KY at this point in time.
Mr. 15th Region Wrote:As far as the remark about me not knowing anything about the subject of baseball... Guru, just how many years did you spend playing the sport? Also, I know how it is when JC and P-ville play, years ago I was a part of that rivalry. If you want to get serious about the JC, P-ville deal how many games has JC lost in the state of KY this year? You should know as well as any one the competition at the beach is twice that of our area. Take those three l's away from JC and they are what this year? 11-0 I believe and un beaten in the state of KY at this point in time.
The remark was not a stab at your knowledge of baseball. I was just letting you know that you don't know as much as you think about the baseball program at PHS.
FYI, the PHS baseball team has recieved more money this year than any year at PHS in the past 10 years. Paintsville's JV, MS programs are in great shape. There is nothing wrong with PLL, it still has more than it's share of the finest youth players anywhere.

I played baseball for 9 years, coached 6 years, umpired 3 years. But what the hell has that got to do with the price of eggs in China?

Yes I know about the competition at the beach. Those teams are at mid-season when teams from here are just opening up.

So you want to take away 3 L's JC took from the Beach, but let them keep their mercy win there?

JCHS is, has been and will continue to be one of the top baseball programs in EKY!
Same for Paintsville, Same for Lawrence Co., Same for Pikeville, Boyd, Ashland......
I hope the interest in MC can sustain the long road it takes to get their program to that level, but for now...just enjoy your recent successes and we will leave it at that for now.

And BTW.....my remark was "you don't know enough", not you don't know anything.
The Guru Wrote:The remark was not a stab at your knowledge of baseball. I was just letting you know that you don't know as much as you think about the baseball program at PHS.
FYI, the PHS baseball team has recieved more money this year than any year at PHS in the past 10 years. Paintsville's JV, MS programs are in great shape. There is nothing wrong with PLL, it still has more than it's share of the finest youth players anywhere.

I played baseball for 9 years, coached 6 years, umpired 3 years. But what the hell has that got to do with the price of eggs in China?

Yes I know about the competition at the beach. Those teams are at mid-season when teams from here are just opening up.

So you want to take away 3 L's JC took from the Beach, but let them keep their mercy win there?

JCHS is, has been and will continue to be one of the top baseball programs in EKY!
Same for Paintsville, Same for Lawrence Co., Same for Pikeville, Boyd, Ashland......
I hope the interest in MC can sustain the long road it takes to get their program to that level, but for now...just enjoy your recent successes and we will leave it at that for now.

And BTW.....my remark was "you don't know enough", not you don't know anything.

C'mon Ru', you're beating a dead horse. Let's leave it to the guys on the field. Besides we got Pikeville first on Thursday night if I'm not mistaken.
The Guru Wrote:We understand that you are not trying to bash Paintsville.
It is just that you don't really know enough about this subject, and it is showing.
JC is very good, and has played some really good teams. But go and ask any knowledgable JC fan, and they will tell you that Paintsville and JC could play each other a hundred times and nobody could tell you which one would win the most games. Thanks for giving the Tigers PCC.....They mercied them 11-1 and AJC beat them 1-0.
Nobody was sweating last year against MC. the Tigers struggled against everyone that threw guys that couldn't break 65 mph. But get it up over 80.....please!
Just let the season play out, and then give us your opp. on PHS. I know that I would be very glad to see a much improved MCHS!
Well when a team usually find a weakness of the other team then the team usually uses that to thier advantage. So if paintsville couldnt hit any thing under 65 then thats why MC did that 2 them. But the picther that threw against paintsville last year for magoffin he could throw low 80's, but he was a great junk ball picther, so magoffin used that advantage against paintsville. So you cant blame magoffin for doing what they did
baseballfan Wrote:Well when a team usually find a weakness of the other team then the team usually uses that to thier advantage. So if paintsville couldnt hit any thing under 65 then thats why MC did that 2 them. But the picther that threw against paintsville last year for magoffin he could throw low 80's, but he was a great junk ball picther, so magoffin used that advantage against paintsville. So you cant blame magoffin for doing what they did
Dont mean to be a smart alleck, but nobody from Magoffin came anywhere close to 80 last year. I saw the district game.
rooster Wrote:Dont mean to be a smart alleck, but nobody from Magoffin came anywhere close to 80 last year. I saw the district game.
Actullay the senior pic. last year that MC had could throw high 70's and around 80 and 81 mph. But in the district game he dint throw his fastball many times because MC knew that paintsville couldnt hit his junk picthes has much as he could his fastball
The Blue Blur Wrote:C'mon Ru', you're beating a dead horse. Let's leave it to the guys on the field. Besides we got Pikeville first on Thursday night if I'm not mistaken.
AYeah...I know!!!LOL I was just answering his questions!!!
baseballfan Wrote:Well when a team usually find a weakness of the other team then the team usually uses that to thier advantage. So if paintsville couldnt hit any thing under 65 then thats why MC did that 2 them. But the picther that threw against paintsville last year for magoffin he could throw low 80's, but he was a great junk ball picther, so magoffin used that advantage against paintsville. So you cant blame magoffin for doing what they did
It was a great move and as smart as any!!! I would have done the same!!!
The Guru Wrote:AYeah...I know!!!LOL I was just answering his questions!!!

I know but Paintsville wins the district and is regional runner-up last season. We lose two players neither were pitchers, and we have played no competition this year. Let's just face we're not the dynasty we use to be and Magoffin is much improved after only losing their 80 mph pitcher from last year. Game over, we might as well not show up on Friday.
The Blue Blur Wrote:I know but Paintsville wins the district and is regional runner-up last season. We lose two players neither were pitchers, and we have played no competition this year. Let's just face we're not the dynasty we use to be and Magoffin is much improved after only losing their 80 mph pitcher from last year. Game over, we might as well not show up on Friday.
roflmao!!!
Goin' with the Big Blue.(Blur... you've killed me!)
baseballfan Wrote:Actullay the senior pic. last year that MC had could throw high 70's and around 80 and 81 mph. But in the district game he dint throw his fastball many times because MC knew that paintsville couldnt hit his junk picthes has much as he could his fastball
larry was throwin lower 80's trust me i know.... during district our coach screwed us over by not allowing him to throw his fastball and p-ville was settin on his curve...

okay someone explain to me just what funding has to do with baseball, as for talent, just where have you had your head this season. come to the ballpark and watch the talent this ballclub has, both with the bat and on the mound.

I'm pretty sure some of the teams Paintsville has played would consider themselves "acutal contenders"

you don't have to crush an opponent to beat them, those days may be gone, but good quality, talented baseball is alive and well at Paintsville and I invite you to come and actually watch a game before you go dogging them.
After 3 Paintsville is up on Pikeville 10-0 if that means anything.
GRIZZ Wrote:After 3 Paintsville is up on Pikeville 10-0 if that means anything.

Doesn't mean much, Pikeville isn't the Panthers of old.
The Blue Blur Wrote:Doesn't mean much, Pikeville isn't the Panthers of old.

That's why I said if anything, I have heard those same stories BB.