Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Senator John McCain Dead
Just a couple days after Senator McCain announced he was stopping treatment of his brain cancer, he has passed at age 81.
I'm just going to call it like I see it:
I voted for John McCain for President. I respect his military service. But he disappointed me time after time in recent years, for reasons that should be obvious to anyone paying attention. Then his daughter, who I really like, says she is scared of the United States without her dad. Which proves to me again in a big way what I already know, that these political types are so self-important and far removed from the 99.9% of the people who make this country go and aren't in the "ruling class" that is bringing this country down.
May he rest in peace.
I agree with both of you.

I posted about Senator McCain out of the deepest respect I have for his military service and his life's dedication to our country.

I do; however, must wonder how much the gliablastoma effected his cognitive functions in recent years.

I am grateful for his service.
Hero. Patriot. The first presidential candidate I ever met at the old courthouse in Inez. I did not vote for him. But I know he loved this country. When I think about him not being able to raise his arms above his shoulders, I realize what love of country means. We need more John McCains in this country, now more than ever. An absolute giant that I personally will miss. Rest in peace, Maverick.
Just out of curiosity, why didn't you vote for him?

Hero, patriot, loves his country, need more like him, etc. I would think he would be the person TO vote for.
Fundamental political differences. I will not go into specifics as they are non important.
4_real Wrote:Fundamental political differences. I will not go into specifics as they are non important.

Lol, hero, patriot, loves his country ARE specifics.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Tortured for 5 years in a Vietnamese prison camp, dropping below 100lbs. And what does he do in Congress? Strengthens relations with the very people who tortured him. That, my friends, is a man of convictions. An absolute giant. Absolute one of the best among us.
Granny Bear Wrote:Just out of curiosity, why didn't you vote for him?

Hero, patriot, loves his country, need more like him, etc. I would think he would be the person TO vote for.

lol,The only reason why these leftist weirdos are even posting anything positive about McCain is because he was a die hard left winger himself, and out of Trump jealousy he was a vocal critic.
4_real Wrote:Tortured for 5 years in a Vietnamese prison camp, dropping below 100lbs. And what does he do in Congress? Strengthens relations with the very people who tortured him. That, my friends, is a man of convictions. An absolute giant. Absolute one of the best among us.

Promote the liberal agenda, (and of course, himself) is that what he did...I can see why you nimwits proclaim your love him...He was one of you morons.
I will not post on this thread again, except that John McCain embodied decency and statesmanship. He will be missed by the world. Some things transcend politics. Now, go further In the weeds attacking a deceased war hero. Have a good day.
And you can crawl back to the slime while defending a self serving guy who's own ego was leaps and bounds the most serviceable attribute he had on his agenda....Self serving "politics" was exactly the most important thing in his life...Right to the end.

You have a better'en.
Granny Bear Wrote:I agree with both of you.

I posted about Senator McCain out of the deepest respect I have for his military service and his life's dedication to our country.

I do; however, must wonder how much the gliablastoma effected his cognitive functions in recent years.

I am grateful for his service.

Bob Seger Wrote:lol,The only reason why these leftist weirdos are even posting anything positive about McCain is because he was a die hard left winger himself, and out of Trump jealousy he was a vocal critic.

Only 2.5 million voters turned out in the Arizona Presidential election of 2016. Trump won Arizona by 3.5 percentage points, or less than 100 thousand votes. In looking at those numbers one can understand how McCain was able to get by with voting with Dems on issues of importance. None however, was more important than the day when going against his own conference in what history will surely record as his most significant Senatorial action, he singlehandedly killed the ObamaCare Repeal Bill. He waited until his was the last vote to be tallied, walked up to the Clerk of the Senate and gave a thumbs down. Audible gasps were heard round the room. That as I understand it, was John McCain's last official action as the Senator from Arizona.

But Mr McCain was a very vocal and very early critic of the President, staying on his case as he campaigned for the nomination and ongoing to a point even after his death.

CNN HEADLINE
EXCETPT---
"In Washington, even death is political -- a fact McCain well understood as a sought-after eulogizer himself, and by planning his funeral rites to exclude the President, he will be making an unmistakable posthumous statement directed at the White House."

John McCain was also a strong supporter and advocate for the confirmation of John Brennan if you will recall.

Heroism and service are no small thing, still, it takes two to tango.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Only 2.5 million voters turned out in the Arizona Presidential election of 2016. Trump won Arizona by 3.5 percentage points, or less than 100 thousand votes. In looking at those numbers one can understand how McCain was able to get by with voting with Dems on issues of importance. None however, was more important than the day when going against his own conference in what history will surely record as his most significant Senatorial action, he singlehandedly killed the ObamaCare Repeal Bill. He waited until his was the last vote to be tallied, walked up to the Clerk of the Senate and gave a thumbs down. Audible gasps were heard round the room. That as I understand it, was John McCain's last official action as the Senator from Arizona.

But Mr McCain was a very vocal and very early critic of the President, staying on his case as he campaigned for the nomination and ongoing to a point even after his death.

CNN HEADLINE
EXCETPT---
"In Washington, even death is political -- a fact McCain well understood as a sought-after eulogizer himself, and by planning his funeral rites to exclude the President, he will be making an unmistakable posthumous statement directed at the White House."

John McCain was also a strong supporter and advocate for the confirmation of John Brennan if you will recall.

Heroism and service are no small thing, still, it takes two to tango.

All things said here TRT, reveals exactly why there are a sector of the party called RINO's..

In simple terms Republicans In Name Only. Call him part of the swamp, if you will. Call him in theory, a liberal democrat. Add the dingbat duo of Collins and Murkowski, and "Jeff the Flake" to the flock too...And by all means, make no mistake, that McCain was the ring leader.

When McCain was called upon to make a difference in this country he was MIA, as he is one of the senators most responsible for seeing that the liberalist's agenda succeeded, which helped lead to destroying many of the conservative core values of this country..

McCain was not a maverick, he was an egotistical showboat who reveled at the chance to be the focus on the big stage. He is the shining example of putting politics and self promotion ahead of country. And for that, I truly detested him.

I am very thankful for his service to this country, just as I am for anyone that suits up to defend this country. Many were not fortunate enough to be POWs, however..Countless thousands are on the status report as, KIA..And those are the truest of the heros, lest we forget that they are the ones who gave all..
jetpilot Wrote:I'm just going to call it like I see it:
I voted for John McCain for President. I respect his military service. But he disappointed me time after time in recent years, for reasons that should be obvious to anyone paying attention. Then his daughter, who I really like, says she is scared of the United States without her dad. Which proves to me again in a big way what I already know, that these political types are so self-important and far removed from the 99.9% of the people who make this country go and aren't in the "ruling class" that is bringing this country down.

Bob Seger Wrote:All things said here TRT, reveals exactly why there are a sector of the party called RINO's..

In simple terms Republicans In Name Only. Call him part of the swamp, if you will. Call him in theory, a liberal democrat. Add the dingbat duo of Collins and Murkowski, and "Jeff the Flake" to the flock too...And by all means, make no mistake, that McCain was the ring leader.

When McCain was called upon to make a difference in this country he was MIA, as he is one of the senators most responsible for seeing that the liberalist's agenda succeeded, which helped lead to destroying many of the conservative core values of this country..

McCain was not a maverick, he was an egotistical showboat who reveled at the chance to be the focus on the big stage. He is the shining example of putting politics and self promotion ahead of country. And for that, I truly detested him.

I am very thankful for his service to this country, just as I am for anyone that suits up to defend this country. Many were not fortunate enough to be POWs, however..Countless thousands are on the status report as, KIA..And those are the truest of the heros, lest we forget that they are the ones who gave all..

As am I Bob. However, I have found that trying to understand McCain has been impossible from my standpoint. Here was a man revered as being a national hero for his military service, and who was a POW for 5 years in Viet Nam. But who nonetheless mocked Arizonans whom wanted a wall built to protect their families at the border between Mexico and Arizona, calling them crazies.

ARTICLE EXCERPT---
SIMI VALLEY, CA November 9, 2015 — [SIZE="3"]"Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) is still targeting 2016 Presidential candidate Donald Trump, this time at the Reagan National Defense Forum in California.
During the Q&A section of a session on “Defeating ISIS and Dealing with Iran: Managing the Battlefield in Theater and In D.C.” McCain referred to Trump’s announced plan to build a wall at the U.S. southern border with Mexico. Earlier this year the Senator voiced discontent over a Trump rally in Phoenix, Arizona.

“Crazies,”
McCain called a contingent of Arizonans concerned with border security and illegal immigration who attended the July rally for Trump."[/SIZE]

https://www.breitbart.com/big-government...-wall-ndf/

Now, July of 2015 was pretty early in the game from the standpoint of the Trump campaign, for Senator McCain to be showing contempt in such an overt fashion. He was clearly against the Trump bid for President from the get-go, and likely started the whole so-called feud between himself and Trump. But it has been and will be Trump who is castigated in the media. I served in Viet Nam too BTW, anything lying on the ground was suspect for possibly being an IED. From an innocent looking discarded cigarette pack, to an empty beer can. You didn't touch a thing. There is no acceptable reason for not protecting our southern border, our coast lines, and our northern border. I was no POW. But nonetheless have a healthy appreciation for any efforts to protect the US citizenry. I just don't get why a war hero like Senator McCain felt like he did about border security and those who support same. And without wanting to seem disrespectful and I'm am genuinely sorry for his misfortune, but I could not understand why McCain, who surely knew the gravity of his health situation, would continue to hold on to his elective office once he became incapable of fulfilling his duties.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:As am I Bob. However, I have found that trying to understand McCain has been impossible from my standpoint. Here was a man revered as being a national hero for his military service, and who was a POW for 5 years in Viet Nam. But who nonetheless mocked Arizonans whom wanted a wall built to protect their families at the border between Mexico and Arizona, calling them crazies.

ARTICLE EXCERPT---
SIMI VALLEY, CA November 9, 2015 — [SIZE="3"]"Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) is still targeting 2016 Presidential candidate Donald Trump, this time at the Reagan National Defense Forum in California.
During the Q&A section of a session on “Defeating ISIS and Dealing with Iran: Managing the Battlefield in Theater and In D.C.” McCain referred to Trump’s announced plan to build a wall at the U.S. southern border with Mexico. Earlier this year the Senator voiced discontent over a Trump rally in Phoenix, Arizona.

“Crazies,”
McCain called a contingent of Arizonans concerned with border security and illegal immigration who attended the July rally for Trump."[/SIZE]

https://www.breitbart.com/big-government...-wall-ndf/

Now, July of 2015 was pretty early in the game from the standpoint of the Trump campaign, for Senator McCain to be showing contempt in such an overt fashion. He was clearly against the Trump bid for President from the get-go, and likely started the whole so-called feud between himself and Trump. But it has been and will be Trump who is castigated in the media. I served in Viet Nam too BTW, anything lying on the ground was suspect for possibly being an IED. From an innocent looking discarded cigarette pack, to an empty beer can. You didn't touch a thing. There is no acceptable reason for not protecting our southern border, our coast lines, and our northern border. I was no POW. But nonetheless have a healthy appreciation for any efforts to protect the US citizenry. I just don't get why a war hero like Senator McCain felt like he did about border security and those who support same. And without wanting to seem disrespectful and I'm am genuinely sorry for his misfortune, but I could not understand why McCain, who surely knew the gravity of his health situation, would continue to hold on to his elective office once he became incapable of fulfilling his duties.
Exactly!!

As I mentioned, with him, it was always "hey, look at me" and political EGO was always waaay above country.
The Keating Five scandal should have ended McCain's political career before he had an opportunity to "serve" a second term in Congress. McCain deserves respect for his service in Vietnam, but his service on American soil did nothing but diminish his earlier record.
I second everything Bob, TRT and Hoot are saying on here. Liberals are using him even in death in hopes of getting someone just like him to take his place in the Senate. Remember too that McCain said "complete the dang fence" then did nothing and ran on getting rid of Obamacare then saved it. It was always about himself and I grew to really dislike him. Not to mention the Keating scandal, getting caught playing video poker on his phone during a Senate hearing and on and on. I'm not glad he's dead but I'm thrilled he's not in the Senate anymore.
jetpilot Wrote:I second everything Bob, TRT and Hoot are saying on here. Liberals are using him even in death in hopes of getting someone just like him to take his place in the Senate. Remember too that McCain said "complete the dang fence" then did nothing and ran on getting rid of Obamacare then saved it. It was always about himself and I grew to really dislike him. Not to mention the Keating scandal, getting caught playing video poker on his phone during a Senate hearing and on and on. I'm not glad he's dead but I'm thrilled he's not in the Senate anymore.

Agreed.
Check out his list of pallbearers...Heavy , heavy, heavy with liberal democrats...I think it all speaks volumes....You are who you run with.
Bob Seger Wrote:Check out his list of pallbearers...Heavy , heavy, heavy with liberal democrats...I think it all speaks volumes....You are who you run with.

Agreed.

If you went to the link I provided in which McCain is featured calling his Arizona constituents 'crazies,' you may have noticed the picture of him and Chuck Schumer. You can tell they're big buds. And other than himself, guess how many heavy liberal Dems comprised the remainder of the Keating Five? Four.

That's not to say that conservatives bearing ill will toward Democrats is part and parcel to the job either. But you can bet your last dime that Democrats deem bearing ill will toward Republicans as part and parcel to doing their job. For a Republican to be friends with congressional Democrats means he has to compromise his convictions and/or his mandate, because recent history has proven that the Dems certainly will not. In other words somebody has to compromise or there can be no friendship (of sorts). I know this because Democrats are and have been in lockstep opposition to Republicans since the Clinton Administration. Ever notice the fact that there are no such things as DINO's? There are none. But I believe that a RINO's political views are liberal, and he sort of hides the fact in order to be elected by a conservative base. Remember that Senator McCain said the reason he nixed the Repeal Bill was because ObamaCare was passed without a single Repulican vote. But in his mind to pass the repeal (right the wrong) without a single Democrat vote would have been somehow, an affront to the Dems. https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkou...l-n2361398

What about the millions of working Americans who got further saddled indeterminately with the back breaking cost of ObamaCare? Of the people, by the people, for the people. Not the PC obsessed Congressional aristocracy.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]