Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brian Urlacher Fined 100K For Wearing A Hat
Bears LB Brian Urlacher was fined $100,000 by the NFL for wearing a hat which had an illegal sponsor on it. Vitamin Water which was on his hat is not the official drink of the NFL, Gatorade is.

This is redicilous if you ask me, 100K? Commissioner Giddell is locking down on anything and everything.
Sad world that we live in not being able to wear what you want in the offseason. I think that fine is a bit harsh.
This is stupid beyond compare. I thought the new commish would do a good job but hes going overboard with some of his rulings. What the hell does it matter what kind of hat a player wears? Sounds like sports and everything else in this sad pathetic world is turning to dictatorship and communism. I thought we had freedom in this country. They send troops overseas to fight for our supposed freedom, seems like we need to fight for it in our own country.
Midee1 Wrote:Sad world that we live in not being able to wear what you want in the offseason. I think that fine is a bit harsh.

I actually just forgot to mention that he was wearing the hat during Super Bowl media day, but whats the difference? I agree the fine is way too harsh. If I were him I would not pay it.
This is ridiculous! Urlacher is one of the most respected players in all of football. I understand Giddell wanting to improve the NFL's image and cracking down and stuff, but come on...$100,000 for wearing a hat. I saw LT advertising Vitamin Water on the cover of ESPN the Magazine a while back. I'm surprised he wasn't suspended!
This is ridiculous... I'm sure Gatorade went broke because of him wearing this hat
**Send me a pm if you have any questions or comments**

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I agree, ridiculous!
If I was Urlacher I'd tell em to stick it. A bunch of BS IMO.
I am sure Urlacher can appeal this.
it crazy he is getting fined about 3 or 4 monhs after the fact
It doesn't matter, this is over with. Gatorade has already payed the fine for him, end of case.
Vitamin Water should pay the fine, or at least offer..thats my opinion though