Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Middle school girls
Who are some of the best 7th and 8th grade girls teams in the 14th? In the 15th?
Dorton
Valley
Pikeville
Belfry
Adams
South Floyd
Allen Central (they were last year at least)
Hindman

Thats just the ones that I have seen lately... Probably Johnson Central and Paintsville too, just havent seen them yet this year
RW Combs is best team in 14th region and 15th. They have already beat most of those teams listed above.
They aint beat nobody yet. No more Profitt. Wont be a walk in the park once someone figures out they need to double team Hoskins.
panther123 Wrote:RW Combs is best team in 14th region and 15th. They have already beat most of those teams listed above.

Mercer beat them by 25+ a few weeks ago at Rockcastle.
RW beat Belfry by 11 (I think) but was a back and forth game didn't get up to 11 until last couple of minutes of the game. Belfry had 2 starters out as well. Dorton did blow Belfry out at Belfry but like stated above Belfry had 2 starters out. Dorton is tough not taking anything away from them but like to see this match up with both teams healthy. Valley is very talented as well from what game I saw.
panther123 Wrote:RW Combs is best team in 14th region and 15th. They have already beat most of those teams listed above.

I know that they are usually a well oiled machine, but thought after losing Profitt that they wouldnt be close to what they were but still good. Like I said though I can only speak of the ones that I have actually seen. I know for sure though that the middle school scene in Pike County is down compared to normal. Floyd has some competitive teams, and Hindman is only team out of Pike and floyd that Ive seen that can play at Freshmen/JV level basketball, as far as the entire team goes. There are however, several good individual players on some bad to mediocre teams, like Hannah May at Kimper, Ashley Sands and Kylee Weddington at JC.
I agree, you have Thornsbury girl from Belfry, Rowe from Pikeville, Robinson and Owens from Dorton that are great players but medicore teams as a whole in Pike. A lot has to do with girls aren't holding back like in the past. I do believe Pike County ball will be stronger next year for the most part b/c most teams besides Dorton are 7th grade dominant.
Mountain View is solid they can hold their own.
whitley county has a tough 7th grade team in the 13th
Owsley’s 7th grade is strong. They can hang with anyone in 13/14/15th regions.