Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Russell
80.00%
Boyd County
20.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyd County @ Russell 9/14
Thoughts?
Evils finally get a W
Gotta take the Devils. Boyd is Boyd
Russell wins with ease.
This may be a game that Boyd thinks they can win and if Russell doesn’t show up to play then that may just happen.

Boyd 27
Russell 21
Devils by 2-3 TD's.
Russell gets a win. I wanna say it’s gonna be easy but I think I’d be jynxing us. The lions are 2-0 and confidence/belief can make up for a lot in one game. Devils will prevail in the end.
If Boyd wins this one, Russell is in trouble. I feel like Russell will go 4-6 in the regular season IF they win this one.
Russell by 14
I feel like Russell can still win the district and go 6-4 at this point. But I agree that if Russell loses to Boyd you might be right.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:I feel like Russell can still win the district and go 6-4 at this point. But I agree that if Russell loses to Boyd you might be right.

So you think they’ll only lose 1 more all season? I think Bath Co, Raceland and possibly West Carter beat them. Just my opinion. What do you think?
Just the Raceland game I think they will lose for sure. If they do beat West Carter and Bath,it won't be easy. If there was a year West Carter or Bath County is going to get a win over Russell this would be the year to do so.
Boyd 21 -13
Russell gets a W. Next week vs West Carter will tell everyone a lot.
Russell going for first win of the season. :popcorn:

Russell 28
Boyd County 07
Anyone heard that some of the Russell players are contemplating quitting?
EsseQuamVideri Wrote:Anyone heard that some of the Russell players are contemplating quitting?

What’s the reason for quitting so early in year?
Boyd hasn’t played anyone near to the teams Russell has played , if the schedule’s were reversed the records would be revered as well , Russell wins this game 28-12
I'll take Russell.
THINBLUELINE411 Wrote:What’s the reason for quitting so early in year?

Idk. The few people I stay in touch with in the area mentioned to me that it was being said. That’s why I asked. I think Coach Maynard is a really good coach. He lost last year’s senior class and I am hoping that isn’t happening again. Very possible that it is just an upset person spreading vile but I thought I’d ask.
I hope not, the kids just need to pull together and for each other! In the army they don’t train you to fight for country or the president they train you to fight for the man next to you. If you kids are reading this ban together rally around each other it’s your season, don’t let nonsense ruin it in week 3. Play for your buddy next to you! It’s not about wins and losses for you all it’s about being able to look your teammate your brother in the eye and be accountable to him knowing you did your best, that’s what Russell football is about!
Is the seat hotter if they don’t run the clock in this one?
Russell 28-14.
THINBLUELINE411 Wrote:I hope not, the kids just need to pull together and for each other! In the army they don’t train you to fight for country or the president they train you to fight for the man next to you. If you kids are reading this ban together rally around each other it’s your season, don’t let nonsense ruin it in week 3. Play for your buddy next to you! It’s not about wins and losses for you all it’s about being able to look your teammate your brother in the eye and be accountable to him knowing you did your best, that’s what Russell football is about!

I know from experience that playing on a losing team has a funny way of messing with your head and making you question your love for the game. I think Russell really needs a win this week to salvage any hope for this season. I look for Boyd County to come in feeling like they can win because at this juncture all Russell has going for them is their name and right now that doesn’t carry much weight. This is a game that Russell can win but I wouldn’t be surprised to see Boyd County win either.
Orange Blaze Wrote:I know from experience that playing on a losing team has a funny way of messing with your head and making you question your love for the game. I think Russell really needs a win this week to salvage any hope for this season. I look for Boyd County to come in feeling like they can win because at this juncture all Russell has going for them is their name and right now that doesn’t carry much weight. This is a game that Russell can win but I wouldn’t be surprised to see Boyd County win either.
I couldn't agree more. Russell has all but lost any intimidation factor that use to dominate this area. People just aren't afraid of playing Russell anymore. They have to come out strong in this one and not underestimate Boyd. just look at what happened to us in 05. IF Russell can pull this one off, I don't think it will be by much. This is a must win for them though
TJ needs to call the players over to the state championship sign ,and have them stare at it for a few minutes. Then tell them to take some pride in the name on the sign, and the players that came before them, and most of all take some pride in yourself.
Yep. And they need josh gross and casey clark to turn into benjamin button.
Russell wins this one big Boyd isn’t very good just like a poster said flip the schedules and Russell is 3-0 and Boyd is 0-3. Then they go on and win the next 5 before Raceland yes that includes wins over west and Bath as the young kids get more experience. Lots of talent in the younger classes Devils will be very good in the years to come
So...what happens if the Devils lose this game?? Do the rest of you guys that are holding on to the past and hoping for brighter days throw in the towel on the year and start getting ready for basketball?
They won’t lose this game and there’s no hoping for brighter days if you follow high school football which I think you do you know there is brighter days with the younger talent