Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 7 vs. Sheldon Clark 3
Jc finally hit the ball a little and got a much needed win.
It was 7 to 4 and if the umps don't screw up at the end it would have be 7 to 5. With a runner at 3rd and 1st. Dustin Meade would have been the next batter he already had double tonight
Book Keeper Wrote:It was 7 to 4 and if the umps don't screw up at the end it would have be 7 to 5. With a runner at 3rd and 1st. Dustin Meade would have been the next batter he already had double tonight

I actually think the rule states that if 1st base is occupied then the batter is out even if the pitch was dropped. I may be wrong but 2 yrs ago that was the rule. The batter swung at strike 3, the catcher dropped the ball but there was a runner advancing to second, so by rule the batter is out because 1st base was already occupied.
eaglehoops Wrote:I actually think the rule states that if 1st base is occupied then the batter is out even if the pitch was dropped. I may be wrong but 2 yrs ago that was the rule. The batter swung at strike 3, the catcher dropped the ball but there was a runner advancing to second, so by rule the batter is out because 1st base was already occupied.

Actually neither one of you is correct. The correct call was made even though it was mass confusion. You can run if there is two outs whether first base is occupied or not. Once the cardinal batter struck out he started back to the dugout which automatically gives himself up. Once he had started back to the dugout he is considered out and the inning is over and the ballgame. Not trying to get anything started but that is the rules. Just a great deal of confusion! :mad:
[quote=Eagle Eye]Actually neither one of you is correct. The correct call was made even though it was mass confusion. You can run if there is two outs whether first base is occupied or not. Once the cardinal batter struck out he started back to the dugout which automatically gives himself up. Once he had started back to the dugout he is considered out and the inning is over and the ballgame. Not trying to get anything started but that is the rules. Just a great deal of confusion! :mad:[/quote

Sounds good to me!:argue: I won't argue :howdy:
Eagle Eye Wrote:Actually neither one of you is correct. The correct call was made even though it was mass confusion. You can run if there is two outs whether first base is occupied or not. Once the cardinal batter struck out he started back to the dugout which automatically gives himself up. Once he had started back to the dugout he is considered out and the inning is over and the ballgame. Not trying to get anything started but that is the rules. Just a great deal of confusion! :mad:
No idea what happened, but from what I gather.....you are correct. If the batter goes to the dugout, he is out.
The Guru Wrote:No idea what happened, but from what I gather.....you are correct. If the batter goes to the dugout, he is out.

Here's what happened. The batter swung @ strike three and missed, started to go to the dugout when he was told to run by the coaches because the JC catcher had dropped the ball. The runner advanced to 1st then Coach S. Hall argued and got the call overturned. Coach M. Hall for SC then went crazy, but I don't blame him, however the called was made that the batter was out I guess because he started for the dugout. IDK the rule but I know M. Hall was fun to see there @ the end. :popcorn:
Congrats to the Eagles on the win.
eaglehoops Wrote:Here's what happened. The batter swung @ strike three and missed, started to go to the dugout when he was told to run by the coaches because the JC catcher had dropped the ball. The runner advanced to 1st then Coach S. Hall argued and got the call overturned. Coach M. Hall for SC then went crazy, but I don't blame him, however the called was made that the batter was out I guess because he started for the dugout. IDK the rule but I know M. Hall was fun to see there @ the end. :popcorn:
Well.....if nothing else, he was out of the baseline!!!LOL
To clear things up, Todd , after swinging and the catcher dropped strike three, he never left the box, let alone head to the duggout. He just stood there before he ran. Kudos to Mike Hall, he sure will take up for his team! Poorly umpired game all around. The field umpire stood in the field and laughed about how bad the plate umpires strike zone was.
Pink Flamingo Wrote:To clear things up, Todd , after swinging and the catcher dropped strike three, he never left the box, let alone head to the duggout. He just stood there before he ran. Kudos to Mike Hall, he sure will take up for his team! Poorly umpired game all around. The field umpire stood in the field and laughed about how bad the plate umpires strike zone was.

You could not have been watching this game because the batter not only left the box but was all the way in the grass. When the pitch was made the batter swung and missed,the ball popped out of the catcher glove, he quickly picked it up and looked to tag the runner who was going toward the dug out. Once he saw this he rolled the ball to the pitchers mound and he and the umpire and the whole JC team started off the field. GAME OVER RIGHT? Then the SC bench started yelling for the kid to run causing mass confusion. A good indication of how just how over this game was is, Justin Blanton, who was playing short when the batter stuck out, ran back from the firstbase line to pick up the ball because SC runners were still running bases. The field umpire then runs in and says the ball was dropped by the catcher. Coach Shawn Hall then comes out to argue the call but the plate umpire called the batter out for giving himself up, and the ballgame was over. SC coach Mike Hall then goes nuts asking for an explanation which didn't look like he got. THAT IS WHAT HAPPENED.
Eagle Pride 90` Wrote:You could not have been watching this game because the batter not only left the box but was all the way in the grass. When the pitch was made the batter swung and missed,the ball popped out of the catcher glove, he quickly picked it up and looked to tag the runner who was going toward the dug out. Once he saw this he rolled the ball to the pitchers mound and he and the umpire and the whole JC team started off the field. GAME OVER RIGHT? Then the SC bench started yelling for the kid to run causing mass confusion. A good indication of how just how over this game was is, Justin Blanton, who was playing short when the batter stuck out, ran back from the firstbase line to pick up the ball because SC runners were still running bases. The field umpire then runs in and says the ball was dropped by the catcher. Coach Shawn Hall then comes out to argue the call but the plate umpire called the batter out for giving himself up, and the ballgame was over. SC coach Mike Hall then goes nuts asking for an explanation which didn't look like he got. THAT IS WHAT HAPPENED.
EXACTALLY!
First of all, if you think this game was umpired good, then your crazy. Second, there was no "box" in the first place, it was gone. The catcher rolled the ball back to the mound as soon as he picked it back up, he wasnt looking for a tag out.
Eagle Pride 90` Wrote:You could not have been watching this game because the batter not only left the box but was all the way in the grass. When the pitch was made the batter swung and missed,the ball popped out of the catcher glove, he quickly picked it up and looked to tag the runner who was going toward the dug out. Once he saw this he rolled the ball to the pitchers mound and he and the umpire and the whole JC team started off the field. GAME OVER RIGHT? Then the SC bench started yelling for the kid to run causing mass confusion. A good indication of how just how over this game was is, Justin Blanton, who was playing short when the batter stuck out, ran back from the firstbase line to pick up the ball because SC runners were still running bases. The field umpire then runs in and says the ball was dropped by the catcher. Coach Shawn Hall then comes out to argue the call but the plate umpire called the batter out for giving himself up, and the ballgame was over. SC coach Mike Hall then goes nuts asking for an explanation which didn't look like he got. THAT IS WHAT HAPPENED.
You must not have been watching too hard there pal because Blanton was playing 3rd base for 1 and for two he pick up the ball clueless of what was going on and ran toward 3rd trying to tag out the advancing base runner. BTW Joey Dotson(base ump.) ruled the that the runner scored which made the game 7-5 and then ruled that Todd the batter had stepped out of the batter's box which ended the game. My question is how the hell does the run count but the batter is ruled out. The last out took place before the the run was scored. Would the next hitter have got hit to tie the game up, probably not. Gene Copley and Dotson need to hang it up or switch to softball, as does John Burton. I know the 15th region is hard up for umpiring but these 3 have got to call it quits. What took place today wasn't even baseball as I have been told by players from both teams. The batter's didn't know what to take or what to swing at.
this game, i was there, but didnt see it go down, i just heard it from behind the stands, sounded pretty rough at the end. not to be making excuses, but from the games i have watched the umps, have been fair in some games, and poor in others. but that life, go on and live with it. get em next time. be like animals only live in the moment and forget, there were several calls during the 10 o'clock powell knott game tonight that got iffy, but then there was only 1 ump, but he did a good job. knott played clark county earlier i think and their head coach got tossed. guys its baseball, just go with it. forget about it tomorrow, and play monday, or when ever you play.
The Knott County coach got tossed and then Shawn Hal talked Joey Dotson out of writing it up so the coach wouldn't have to set out the second game and one more. Which in my book is bush. Stick with your guns if you toss a coach stick with it. This is how bad the umps are in the region they toss a coach and then change their mind.
Book Keeper Wrote:The Knott County coach got tossed and then Shawn Hal talked Joey Dotson out of writing it up so the coach wouldn't have to set out the second game and one more. Which in my book is bush. Stick with your guns if you toss a coach stick with it. This is how bad the umps are in the region they toss a coach and then change their mind.
For one thing Coach Hammonds had no business getting tossed to begin with. He was totally right in what he was argueing on. I think a wrong was only made right in this case.
Book Keeper Wrote:It was 7 to 4 and if the umps don't screw up at the end it would have be 7 to 5. With a runner at 3rd and 1st. Dustin Meade would have been the next batter he already had double tonight
You know the old saying man, "if ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas". Bad calls are part of the game, and as long as you guys have Mike Hall coaching you will never go anywhere. He finally won a regional title last year, but he had to have 25 yr old seniors to do it.
Who won the Knott vs Clark game?
Tubby Hater Wrote:You know the old saying man, "if ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas". Bad calls are part of the game, and as long as you guys have Mike Hall coaching you will never go anywhere. He finally won a regional title last year, but he had to have 25 yr old seniors to do it.
I am going to make a prediction here. When it's all said and done Mike Hall will have Sheldon Clark right into the thick of things when district tournament time rolls around. Mike is a great coach, and gets alot out of what he has to work with.. The incident that happened yesterday is nothing more than just the competetive juices flowing in a sibling rivalry game.
rooster Wrote:I am going to make a prediction here. When it's all said and done Mike Hall will have Sheldon Clark right into the thick of things when district tournament time rolls around. Mike is a great coach, and gets alot out of what he has to work with.. The incident that happened yesterday is nothing more than just the competetive juices flowing in a sibling rivalry game.
Mike Hall is no coach man, in 03 he had by far the best talent in the region and got spanked by AC in the region. He is quickly becoming the Dale Brown of the 15th regio, he can have all the talent in the world and not win.
Tubby Hater Wrote:Mike Hall is no coach man, in 03 he had by far the best talent in the region and got spanked by AC in the region. He is quickly becoming the Dale Brown of the 15th regio, he can have all the talent in the world and not win.
I guess that sometimes happens, but he also beat the best team in the region ( Paintsville) in the district that year too, to even get to the regional tournament. I'll disagree with you on the best talent in the region statement. I dont see you dogging Charlie Adkins for losing to him in that game. Perhaps you dont like him, but he is one of the best high school baseball guys in the business. He routinely makes something out of what appears to be nothing.
rooster Wrote:I guess that sometimes happens, but he also beat the best team in the region ( Paintsville) in the district that year too, to even get to the regional tournament. I'll disagree with you on the best talent in the region statement. I dont see you dogging Charlie Adkins for losing to him in that game. Perhaps you dont like him, but he is one of the best high school baseball guys in the business. He routinely makes something out of what appears to be nothing.
Like I said he had the best talent in the region that year.
Tubby Hater Wrote:Like I said he had the best talent in the region that year.
I guess that is a matter of opinion.

Maybe you should change your user name to "Mike Hall Hater".Smile
Pink Flamingo Wrote:First of all, if you think this game was umpired good, then your crazy. Second, there was no "box" in the first place, it was gone. The catcher rolled the ball back to the mound as soon as he picked it back up, he wasnt looking for a tag out.
Third of all you must not have been watching very closely because the catcher picked the ball up started to go tag the batter then Copely signaled him out, ballgame over right there before mass confusion started. It was not a great umpired game but it went both ways. He had a very wide strike zone both ways. Todd had walked back to the grass and Mike Hall was screaming for him to run.
rooster Wrote:I guess that sometimes happens, but he also beat the best team in the region ( Paintsville) in the district that year too, to even get to the regional tournament. I'll disagree with you on the best talent in the region statement. I dont see you dogging Charlie Adkins for losing to him in that game. Perhaps you dont like him, but he is one of the best high school baseball guys in the business. He routinely makes something out of what appears to be nothing.
Have to agree with you rooster. :Thumbs:
Eagle Eye Wrote:Have to agree with you rooster. :Thumbs:
I would like to say congrats to the Eagles!
Now.....if anyone thinks that Mike Hall is not a good coach, or doesn't know baseball, then that person has some serious issues!
Tubby Hater Wrote:Mike Hall is no coach man, in 03 he had by far the best talent in the region and got spanked by AC in the region. He is quickly becoming the Dale Brown of the 15th regio, he can have all the talent in the world and not win.

Coaches make a difference, but they can't play the game for their team. 2003 was unfortunate, but Mike Hall is an excellent coach! Last year no one expected us to be regional champs, did they? And we were! Not to mention other times when we have been counted out and pulled through. I think that speaks leaps and bounds about our coach.
I think that Gene and Joey were intimidated the whole game by coach S.Hall, especially at the end. When he told the umps " if they didnt call the runner out, then they would have to throw him out", the call got overturned very quickly.
Pink Flamingo Wrote:I think that Gene and Joey were intimidated the whole game by coach S.Hall, especially at the end. When he told the umps " if they didnt call the runner out, then they would have to throw him out", the call got overturned very quickly.
Rolleyes