Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
10th Region updates
I am a former 10th region guy. Looking for any updates on what to expect this season.

I know that Paris will be fast and athletic but I generally count them out because history states they always find a way to lose.

Campbell is always strong and seems to be the team to beat

But my question is this. How good can Pendleton be this season. Are they the team to beat or is there someone else.

I guess not knowing much about the region I would say top 5 would be

1. Pendleton
2. Campbell
3. Paris
4 GRC
5. Mason
I do not think there is much difference between 1-3 on my list. Should make for a very good regional tournament this year.
1. Campbell Co.- Got to beat the champ to be the champ
2. GRC
3. Pendleton Co.
4. Paris
5. Mason Co.
6. Montgomery Co.
7. Scott High
8. then everyone else
I would have to put Robertson County in the top 5. They only lost 1 starter this year and they bring back some great talent. No Seniors this year, so for the next 2 years they are in great shape! Alex Schalch/Jr, Ross Becker/Jr, Sebastian Dixon/So, Brandon Dice/So, Eli Dotson/So and Justin Becker/Fr; those are the returning Key Players. Not to mention the talent coming off the bench.
I agree with Robertson / Deming. I wanted to see them a few times. I have a soft spot for the school. As a former tenth region guy that played in the 80's I have a certain love for some of those schools.

I also want to see what Coach Newton can do at Augusta

I will never be sold on Hinson. I have seen him many times. He spends way to much time fighting and arguing with officials that coaching his team. And if he truly has middle school players wanting to leave the school to head elsewhere as I have been told that is a prelude to a larger issue.

While many like Hinson if the players and parents were sold then they would not be thinking about leaving.

But again, I do tend to agree with you on Robertson Co. I would love to see them make a major turn this year.

thanks for the 10th region talk
1. GRC
2. Pendleton County
3. Campbell County
4. Paris
5. Mason County
The Ole Man Wrote:1. GRC
2. Pendleton County
3. Campbell County
4. Paris
5. Mason County

Bracken Co is number 1, Coach Hinson has been waiting for this season ever sense he got here.
Bears have a lot of beef on the sked this year: Villa Madonna, Williamstown, St. Patrick (twice), Bellevue (twice), Ludlow, Dayton, Frankfort Christian.
really man. I don't dislike Coach Hinson but until he learns to stop spending 70 percent of his time trashing refs and 30 percent coaching his team Bracken will not be the best team in the Region.

Saying that I have always had a soft spot for Bracken and listen to them on the radio. When Im home in state I try to see them play. But it is frustrating watching Hinson. If he would just coach his teams man Bracken would be a force year in and year out.
MikeHoncho47 Wrote:Bears have a lot of beef on the sked this year: Villa Madonna, Williamstown, St. Patrick (twice), Bellevue (twice), Ludlow, Dayton, Frankfort Christian.

Looks real tough.

:biglmao:
I saw Campbell Co play during the summer. They’ll have a good front court with Jolly and Lawrence. Lawrence plays a little bigger than 6’3 because of his weight and jumping ability. He could possibly lead the region in rebounding. I don’t know how good they will be from the guard position since this was a strong point through the last couple seasons. Scott is another team that’s going to cause some problems. Coach Fromeyer gets the most out kids, so what they lack in talent they’ll make up for it with hustle or they’ll sit the bench. Brossart will be a work in progress. They’ll have some long lengthy kids but not a whole lot of meat to go with them.
The Polar Bears have everything they need to win...Coach Jason Hinson.
strawberryshakeman Wrote:I saw Campbell Co play during the summer. They’ll have a good front court with Jolly and Lawrence. Lawrence plays a little bigger than 6’3 because of his weight and jumping ability. He could possibly lead the region in rebounding. I don’t know how good they will be from the guard position since this was a strong point through the last couple seasons. Scott is another team that’s going to cause some problems. Coach Fromeyer gets the most out kids, so what they lack in talent they’ll make up for it with hustle or they’ll sit the bench. Brossart will be a work in progress. They’ll have some long lengthy kids but not a whole lot of meat to go with them.

I know I will start a fight with this one but many feel as i do. you northern ky schools need to be in a different region. The 10th was better in the 80's when we had Lewis, Fleming, Estill and Bath in the Region. Some of us old timers just hate northern ky schools in the Region.

saying that Campbell County is the team to beat until proven otherwise. Which gives them plenty of time along with Scott to go over to Cincinnati to pick up a few players on the way to the game
Campbell number 1 til someone beats them.
cadets1988 Wrote:I know I will start a fight with this one but many feel as i do. you northern ky schools need to be in a different region. The 10th was better in the 80's when we had Lewis, Fleming, Estill and Bath in the Region. Some of us old timers just hate northern ky schools in the Region.

saying that Campbell County is the team to beat until proven otherwise. Which gives them plenty of time along with Scott to go over to Cincinnati to pick up a few players on the way to the game

Pick up kids from Cincinnati? Both of those teams have won their regions by kids who went through their systems. No recruiting going on in that part of the region. Not a nice thing to say and devalue those two programs achievements whether you like them in the region or not.
cadets1988 Wrote:really man. I don't dislike Coach Hinson but until he learns to stop spending 70 percent of his time trashing refs and 30 percent coaching his team Bracken will not be the best team in the Region.

Saying that I have always had a soft spot for Bracken and listen to them on the radio. When Im home in state I try to see them play. But it is frustrating watching Hinson. If he would just coach his teams man Bracken would be a force year in and year out.

NOW HOLD UP WAIT JUST ONE MINUTE.

I just got back from my daily workout on the football field to see this kind of disrespect. I will not tolerate that sort of disrespect for the best basketball coach in the state. You know why he berates the refs? Because they cheat. Bracken County has not gotten a fair shake from the refs since he got here, do you know why? Because the state doesn't think it's fair that the Polar Bears have Coach Hinson and Coach Brausch, and Coach Elsbernd in the same athletic department. That kind of Mt Rushmore (When you add Coach Cummins in Baseball) is the sort of thing other programs dream about! So they tell the officials to do what it takes to keep the Bears on ice!

Coach is the best coach in the state. He's playing 3d Chess while eating a filet mignon (watch one of his practices, like I do every single one, it's like Mozart composing while Picasso paints in the same room.) when every other coach is playing Chute's and Ladders eating cheetos. Meanwhile the ref comes and makes sure to hold the opposing coaches hand, and kicks over coach's chessboard.

Send him out of state, or with a crew that hasn't been unduly influenced by the state Officials, and you'll see real magic when he can focus his attention 100% on his team. They'd run others out of the gym!
Just look at what Coach Hinson has done throughout his career! Just give him that one player who can go score 50 for him night in and night out and watch Coach give it to the officials who are trying to cheat Bracken out of wins.
Lol! Robertson County only beat 2 teams with a winning record last year by a combined 10 points!
I heard that Robertson returns a decent team this year. I have fonder memories of old Deming. Although is this true. Does Robertson has anything at all or are they the kind of team you put on the schedule knowing a W is the outcome
cadets1988 Wrote:I heard that Robertson returns a decent team this year. I have fonder memories of old Deming. Although is this true. Does Robertson has anything at all or are they the kind of team you put on the schedule knowing a W is the outcome

In-between their games against the Mt. Olivet Nursing Home and the Maysville YMCA, it will be hard to figure out how good they really are.

Here's what I do know. That man sitting on their bench wishes he was the man sitting on our bench. Coach Kelsch has always looked up to Coach Hinson. Beat him in High School, and beats him on the sideline...
ok we get it. You have a man crush on Hinson. Can we please just discuss the teams in the 10th. I hope your guys have a great year.

So i guess I will just find games on line to listen to.
I really like grc and their coach. Lots of talent. We( south laurel) played them last year and they was 9-10 deep I thought Most back this year I think
i was hoping that someone would mention GRC. Is Clark ready to take a step forward back to that top 4 and contending 10th Region title
Word has it Coach Hinson has been waiting for this group of kids since he took the job. The 10th Region for the foreseeable future runs through Coach Hinson.
cadets1988 Wrote:I know I will start a fight with this one but many feel as i do. you northern ky schools need to be in a different region. The 10th was better in the 80's when we had Lewis, Fleming, Estill and Bath in the Region. Some of us old timers just hate northern ky schools in the Region.

Of your former 10th region teams I think Fleming may be the only one that would like to return to the 10th. Their natural rivalry with Mason is still there. Maybe Lewis but remember Tollesboro was there then so 16th fits better now. I can say that Bath County is happy in the 16th and should have never been moved from there in the late 60's/ early 70's. The Cave Run district of Bath, Rowan, Menifee, and Morgan is a natural fit both socially and geographically. I am sure Estill County is very happy in the 14th.

If Fairview combines with Boyd County, which many are saying will happen, changes will need to be made and would not be surprised to see some team shift in different directions.
mason co is always pretty good
It is time for Coach Hinson to remind all of you about the magic he created while at Augusta, the 10th Region is on notice.
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:Of your former 10th region teams I think Fleming may be the only one that would like to return to the 10th. Their natural rivalry with Mason is still there. Maybe Lewis but remember Tollesboro was there then so 16th fits better now. I can say that Bath County is happy in the 16th and should have never been moved from there in the late 60's/ early 70's. The Cave Run district of Bath, Rowan, Menifee, and Morgan is a natural fit both socially and geographically. I am sure Estill County is very happy in the 14th.

If Fairview combines with Boyd County, which many are saying will happen, changes will need to be made and would not be surprised to see some team shift in different directions.

Wait, what?
I played at Tollesboro many times. What a great gym and electric gym. I know that Montgomery and Clark would love out of the 10th or so has been the rumor for months. It has everything to do with the journey to Northern Kentucky for games. Those are some long bus rides. Personally to even make things right you have to move Pendlenton, Campbell and those other two NKY schools into the same region as Grant and Williamstown. But I like have having Pendleton in the 10th. I just want to see Fleming back in without question and even Lewis.
but playing in the early mid 80's there were great teams in schools in the 10th that are now closed. Tollesboro and Maysville were tough and rough. I loved playing at old Deming school, some great players in that time.
[Image: https://i.imgflip.com/2lhv1b.jpg]