Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Morgan resigned as East Ridge coach
Q. Morgan has resigned as East Ridges football coach. Ben Runyon taking over in interim
Saw this on Twitter. What’s the scoop?
They are 1-4 so far this season.

0-44 loss to Phelps.
0-41 loss to Magoffin County.
34-14 win over Jenkins (Jenkins is 0-6).
0-36 loss to Sheldon Clark.
6-47 loss to Leslie County.

One would have to guess their W/L record has to be a factor.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
That's just sad that the program can't get up on it's feet. The kids deserve to have something to be proud of.
I'm not taking a shot at East Ridge, but it's not like they are a perennial power. It looks like they would give him more time to develop the program. There has to be more to it than just the record.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:They are 1-4 so far this season.

0-44 loss to Phelps.
0-41 loss to Magoffin County.
34-14 win over Jenkins (Jenkins is 0-6).
0-36 loss to Sheldon Clark.
6-47 loss to Leslie County.

One would have to guess their W/L record has to be a factor.

I look at this and all I can think about is how bad leslie is and ER lost to them 47-6.
But that's not the worst part. Jenkins then lost to ER by 3 scores and it makes me wonder how Jenkins even fields a team.
I feel sorry for those kids up @ ER. The administration up there at that school has let them down. ER could be a power in every sport, but the only thing that the Millard and Feds Creek people can agree on is that they both hate the Elkhorn people. Until that changes, things won’t get any better up there in any sport....
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:I feel sorry for those kids up @ ER. The administration up there at that school has let them down. ER could be a power in every sport, but the only thing that the Millard and Feds Creek people can agree on is that they both hate the Elkhorn people. Until that changes, things won’t get any better up there in any sport....

Idiot politicians ripped 3 communities' beloved identities away from them and built a school in the middle of nowhere that nobody gives a crap about.
Give me the Millard Mustangs, Feds Creek Vikings, and Elkhorn City Cougars back any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Very sad for those communities.:ChairHit:
I like community schools.
Millard and Feds Creek didn't even have football and Elkhorn City hadn't been a factor in years.
No county in eastern Kentucky can afford to pay for three tiny county schools like those.
Amen brother. That's the problem
Elkhorn city trying to run the school. They could care less about the kids long as they line thier pockets.
Warriorhawk17 Wrote:Amen brother. That's the problem
Elkhorn city trying to run the school. They could care less about the kids long as they line thier pockets.

You think? Where has every Principal of East Ridge been from?....Not Elkhorn City.

Rumor is Morgan is taking an assistant principal position at his home in Leslie Co. Not sure if that is confirmed, but it is the rumor.
Wow I'm very shocked to hear this! I have no idea why Q decided to leave, but I'm sure it had to be under extreme conditions. He really loved that community there. Best of luck with whatever he moves on to.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:I feel sorry for those kids up @ ER. The administration up there at that school has let them down. ER could be a power in every sport, but the only thing that the Millard and Feds Creek people can agree on is that they both hate the Elkhorn people. Until that changes, things won’t get any better up there in any sport....

That's a shame. When are people going to realize it's not about them but about the kids? Some people need to grow up! Pitiful!
jetpilot Wrote:Idiot politicians ripped 3 communities' beloved identities away from them and built a school in the middle of nowhere that nobody gives a crap about.
Give me the Millard Mustangs, Feds Creek Vikings, and Elkhorn City Cougars back any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Very sad for those communities.:ChairHit:

Go Vikings !!!!
HCS Wrote:Millard and Feds Creek didn't even have football and Elkhorn City hadn't been a factor in years.
No county in eastern Kentucky can afford to pay for three tiny county schools like those.

My post went straight over your head. It was about communities and their identities, not football. And I'm sure the politicians have figured out how to spend as much money on the one big school as the 3 small schools combined.
How and why would a coach leave a team in the middle of a season?! Football is the game of life and what does this teach the boys? Did they force him out?
jetpilot Wrote:My post went straight over your head. It was about communities and their identities, not football. And I'm sure the politicians have figured out how to spend as much money on the one big school as the 3 small schools combined.

Yeah, you got me there. It's hard for us country boys to follow a deep thinker like you.
My point was way beyond football also, which is what I wrote in the second paragraph. No county in the entire state can afford to keep three county schools open the size of those three. There's not one. You can try to look if you know anything outside of Pike County.
East Ridge is not a big school, far from it. You'd have 30 "community" schools in Pike County if every "community" the size of Feds Creek had a high school. You just missing having three more soft touches in your county in every other sport.
[quote=RunItUpTheGut]I look at this and all I can think about is how bad leslie is and ER lost to them 47-6.
But that's not the worst part. Jenkins then lost to ER by 3 scores and it makes me wonder how Jenkins even fields a team.[/QUOTE

This coming from a fan of 1-4 Whitley Co.... Really??? That may be the only game they win all year..
HCS Wrote:Yeah, you got me there. It's hard for us country boys to follow a deep thinker like you.
My point was way beyond football also, which is what I wrote in the second paragraph. No county in the entire state can afford to keep three county schools open the size of those three. There's not one. You can try to look if you know anything outside of Pike County.
East Ridge is not a big school, far from it. You'd have 30 "community" schools in Pike County if every "community" the size of Feds Creek had a high school. You just missing having three more soft touches in your county in every other sport.

10 schools was the max in Pike.

ER was the size of a 4A (new alignment) school around 2006
Yes, it was an average size school then. It's 2A now, so pretty small. It's in no way a big school.
I remember when Pike had 10 high schools. I'm guessing Feds Creek and Millard would only have 100 students or less if they were open now. I'm sure there are quite a few "communities" all across Pike County that would be as large as that with their own school.
Most counties in Kentucky just have one high school these days. Communities aren't defined by their high schools, or even elementary schools. To me, each county is a community in a sense. Kentucky has 120 counties, more than any other state besides two.
HCS Wrote:Yeah, you got me there. It's hard for us country boys to follow a deep thinker like you.

No, I think it's just you.:eyeroll:
HCS Wrote:Yes, it was an average size school then. It's 2A now, so pretty small. It's in no way a big school.
I remember when Pike had 10 high schools. I'm guessing Feds Creek and Millard would only have 100 students or less if they were open now. I'm sure there are quite a few "communities" all across Pike County that would be as large as that with their own school.
Most counties in Kentucky just have one high school these days. Communities aren't defined by their high schools, or even elementary schools. To me, each county is a community in a sense. Kentucky has 120 counties, more than any other state besides two.

Stop guessing. You don't know what you're talking about.
jetpilot Wrote:Stop guessing. You don't know what you're talking about.

Obviously more than you if you think Pike could afford to keep those three schools open. There's not a county in the state operating three high schools of that size.
KHSAA has East Ridge with 487 students as of last year. Elkhorn City was bigger than the other two, if I remember correctly, so probably no more than 100-130 students for the other two.
#55PirateFan Wrote:That's a shame. When are people going to realize it's not about them but about the kids? Some people need to grow up! Pitiful!

Sadly that’s a state of mind that exists in all sports. All the way down to coach pitch level. I’ve been involved in kids(5-9 year olds) a lot the last 4-5 years and I can’t believe the petty crap I’ve seen from some coaches and a lot of parents. I’ve been in shock several times.
HCS Wrote:Yes, it was an average size school then. It's 2A now, so pretty small. It's in no way a big school.
Most counties in Kentucky just have one high school these days. Communities aren't defined by their high schools, or even elementary schools. To me, each county is a community in a sense.
Kentucky has 120 counties, more than any other state besides two.

Millard Ele has 700+
That's nine grades, right? Is it bigger than Elkhorn City?
Millard HS was always the 2nd biggest school in pike co behind Belfry
when ER started % were like Millard 70 FC 10 EC 20
when ER started % were like Millard 65 FC 12 EC 23