Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who will be the best Junior and Senior in the 15th next year?
Who Do you all think will be the best junior and senior in the 15th next year?
Valley has some really good players coming back that will be juniors and seniors! sally roberts will be a senior, kayla cantrell, and laura perkins will both be juniors!
Magoffin County
Juniors:
Ashley Hall
Breanna Adams
Katelyn Minix
Felicia Prater
Kayla Lowe has got to be named on this list the only JR from the 15th to be names as an All Stater this season.
Lowe will be one of the top jrs in the mts
lowe will be a senior next year
Kayla Lowe will be the best SR.
Merssia Pruitt will be the best JR.,without question
forgot that AD Slone will be a Jr. so make that co -top Jrs.
yeah AD is very good as well...Hatmacker and Hamilton will as well be very good players up on Buckleys Creek
Don't forget about Celena Conley @ JC, if she plays she will be one of the best jr's in the region!
Best Senior is by far Kayla Lowe
Best juniors are Conley from JC (if she plays) , and Slone from PC
pc has the best senior class with kayla lowe. They also have the best junior class with slone and coleman. the additions of hamilton and hatmaker make that class even stronger. They also have the strongest sophomore class with thompson, ratlifff, harris, murphy, mullins, robinson, blackburn and the list goes on. johnson central also has a lot of talent in these two classes. barring unforeseen injuries or a run of real bad luck pc may have a great shot at getting to bg two or three more times in the next few years.
Agree with everything you said crawdad,but the thread is about the best individual player,so I think it's either Pruitt,or Slone as Jrs.,but Coleman,Hamilton,Hatmaker are real talents,and Soph. class Ratliff,Harris,Thompson,and would like to add one more LB Brown(Taylors lil sis),if given a chance to play will surprise coach Butcher
what about ashley hall and breanna adams from magoffin co?
Almost the entire JC team. lol Almost all of them will be Jrs next year I believe.
I agree, PIKE Central has alot of talent with lowe, slone, coleman, thompson,harris,ratliff, and also with murphy, robinson,mullins,williams I think they still have alot to give, I have a question for whoever can answer it. I have not seen hatmaker or hamilton play ball so if anyone has can you please tell me what you think , if you think they are really as good as some people are saying, I have heard from some people that hamilton is really good but left pikeville because of her smart mouth with the coach.. and I have also heard that hatmaker is not really that good so if anyone can' set the record straight it would be real nice because I have heard this alot. and I am sure I am not the only one that has been told this I want you to know this is not what I think about these 2 girls because I HAVE NOT SEEN THEM PLAY . SO DON'T GET MAD AT ME......just would like to know the truth.
JUST_SAY_IT Wrote:I agree, PIKE Central has alot of talent with lowe, slone, coleman, thompson,harris,ratliff, and also with murphy, robinson,mullins,williams I think they still have alot to give, I have a question for whoever can answer it. I have not seen hatmaker or hamilton play ball so if anyone has can you please tell me what you think , if you think they are really as good as some people are saying, I have heard from some people that hamilton is really good but left pikeville because of her smart mouth with the coach.. and I have also heard that hatmaker is not really that good so if anyone can' set the record straight it would be real nice because I have heard this alot. and I am sure I am not the only one that has been told this I want you to know this is not what I think about these 2 girls because I HAVE NOT SEEN THEM PLAY . SO DON'T GET MAD AT ME......just would like to know the truth.

Hamilton will fit in perfect with Pike Centrals run and gun offence she is a force on defence and has great pressence on the floor. I was watching her shot on several occasions and she can lite it up at one point knocking down 9 threes in a row right after she had hit 5 and 6 in a row this was as well moving around the top of the key. She will play the 2 guard position but can also run point she has very good ball handling skills. Her problems at Pikeville is something that was not that big of a deal and people and pushing the problems to be worse then what they were. She had always said she wanted to go to PC since she was in 7th and 8th grade but her parents were reluctant to let her. She loves it at PC and her and Coach Butcher mesh very well. But, as we know he loves everyone of those girls.

Hatmaker will be a good fit into the system at Pike Central, she isnt much of a shooter but can hit the boards some what hard. She is very quick and plays great on the defencive end, she will help PC out on the press from what they lose in Haley. Her ball handling is a little weak but I have not seen her practice in a while so she may have gotten better with this.

another player everyone that could step up for the Hawks if she decided to come back is Kayla Pennigton!!
thanks for clearing that up for me, so you have watched them play alot when they was playing for pikeville? yes I think kayla penington is really good to but I have heard she is not going to even try out next year.
Shae Deskins will be one of the best seniors this year.

Merissa Pruitt could be the best junior, but her attitude will be her downfall. May be she will mature more this coming year. She is an excellent athlete.
JUST_SAY_IT Wrote:thanks for clearing that up for me, so you have watched them play alot when they was playing for pikeville? yes I think kayla penington is really good to but I have heard she is not going to even try out next year.

I have watched them play quite a bit not only in high school but grade school and AAU. That is sad to hear about KP she had the potential to be a big diffrence.
who will be able to handle the ball this year for magoffin county?
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Hamilton will fit in perfect with Pike Centrals run and gun offence she is a force on defence and has great pressence on the floor. I was watching her shot on several occasions and she can lite it up at one point knocking down 9 threes in a row right after she had hit 5 and 6 in a row this was as well moving around the top of the key. She will play the 2 guard position but can also run point she has very good ball handling skills. Her problems at Pikeville is something that was not that big of a deal and people and pushing the problems to be worse then what they were. She had always said she wanted to go to PC since she was in 7th and 8th grade but her parents were reluctant to let her. She loves it at PC and her and Coach Butcher mesh very well. But, as we know he loves everyone of those girls.

Hatmaker will be a good fit into the system at Pike Central, she isnt much of a shooter but can hit the boards some what hard. She is very quick and plays great on the defencive end, she will help PC out on the press from what they lose in Haley. Her ball handling is a little weak but I have not seen her practice in a while so she may have gotten better with this.

another player everyone that could step up for the Hawks if she decided to come back is Kayla Pennigton!!
If you think Hamilton is a two guard or a point you are badly mistaken. She is a four who likes to play very physical around the basket. Hatmaker is also a four but not as physical. She can also play some at the three.
crawdad Wrote:If you think Hamilton is a two guard or a point you are badly mistaken. She is a four who likes to play very physical around the basket. Hatmaker is also a four but not as physical. She can also play some at the three.

Your not going to play Hamilton at a 4 when she shots the ball as well as she does nor with her ball handling. Plus Lowe and SLone will make up the 4 and 5 positions. Here is how i see the line up next season.

PG- Harris
SG- Coleman or Thompson
SG/SF- Hamilton and may slip into the 2 spot some as well
PF- Slone
C- Lowe

With the play of Hamilton shooting the ball and handling the ball she will not be playing inside. As well with the size that Pike Central has how could you. She may see some time down there but look for her to be playing the 2 or 3 spot all season. As we all know the 2 and 3 spots for Pike Central are not much diffrent on either end of the court.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Your not going to play Hamilton at a 4 when she shots the ball as well as she does nor with her ball handling. Plus Lowe and SLone will make up the 4 and 5 positions. Here is how i see the line up next season.

PG- Harris
SG- Coleman or Thompson
SG/SF- Hamilton and may slip into the 2 spot some as well
PF- Slone
C- Lowe

With the play of Hamilton shooting the ball and handling the ball she will not be playing inside. As well with the size that Pike Central has how could you. She may see some time down there but look for her to be playing the 2 or 3 spot all season. As we all know the 2 and 3 spots for Pike Central are not much diffrent on either end of the court.
Are you sure you have seen her play? You sound like you are describing Ratliff, Harris or Coleman. Hamilton is a rebounder and scorer around the basket. She plays very hard and should fit in nicely but she most definitely is not a one or a two. She did not play those positions at pikeville in grade school or high school.
crawdad Wrote:Are you sure you have seen her play? You sound like you are describing Ratliff, Harris or Coleman. Hamilton is a rebounder and scorer around the basket. She plays very hard and should fit in nicely but she most definitely is not a one or a two. She did not play those positions at pikeville in grade school or high school.

yeah I am talking about the Hamilton. What you are saying is when she played grade school and JV ball which is totaly diffrent. Now she will be playing against bigger, stronger and more athlectic girls which IMO cause for her to be playing on the perimeter. She has a great jump shot getting really nice elivation off of it. She can take the ball HARD to the whole which would be what you are saying about hitting shots inside. She does hit the boards nicely which would be perfect for PC's style of the run and gun early offence. I just think with PCs size inside that she will not be as much help to them, if Butcher is smart like I know he is she will be playing in the 3 spot as a small forward running the baseline against zone and playing on the permieter opening up their inside game against the man. :Thumbs:
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:yeah I am talking about the Hamilton. What you are saying is when she played grade school and JV ball which is totaly diffrent. Now she will be playing against bigger, stronger and more athlectic girls which IMO cause for her to be playing on the perimeter. She has a great jump shot getting really nice elivation off of it. She can take the ball HARD to the whole which would be what you are saying about hitting shots inside. She does hit the boards nicely which would be perfect for PC's style of the run and gun early offence. I just think with PCs size inside that she will not be as much help to them, if Butcher is smart like I know he is she will be playing in the 3 spot as a small forward running the baseline against zone and playing on the permieter opening up their inside game against the man. :Thumbs:
we will just have to wait and see. PC has a lot better shooters and ballhandlers but does need a good extra who can step in at the 4 or 5 to have good rotation inside as well
biggestfan Wrote:who will be able to handle the ball this year for magoffin county?

Ashley Hall and Katelyn Minix will be the point guards this year for magoffin they both use to play it alot back in middle school and in junior varstiy plus ashley hall played it while ashley jade was out due to injury toward the end of the season. I think magoffin will be alright next year. They will suprise alot of people. They have almost 30 games lined up for this summer.
Does anyone know for sure if Selena Conley is playing? I've heard she is and I heard from one of the JC coach's that they didn't know. Anyone know anything?
I spoke to her dad not too long ago and he told me that she has been getting a lot of attention from the University of Louisville despite the fact that she did not play this past season. She is a great ball player and can play any position on the floor. I for one would love to see her back out there.
You forgot Howell as a Sophmore for Central