Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is This One Of The Softest UK Schedules Ever?
Is it me or is this one of the softest schedules Kentucky has ever played. In the past Kentucky played ranked team after ranked team. Yes, some of the teams Kentucky played were ranked when they played them, but if you look at the USA Today Top 25 Poll today, there is only one team on the entire schedule that is still ranked. That is Georgia.
It’s early, Florida, Miss St, Missouri will be ranked by years end IMO...UTee and Louisville are usually tough late season games but the SUCK...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
OldJacket Wrote:It’s early, Florida, Miss St, Missouri will be ranked by years end IMO...UTee and Louisville are usually tough late season games but the SUCK...

Would you not agree though that regardless of when you looked at UK's schedule in the past, there were several teams ranked in the top 25? That just isn't the case this year.
Westside Wrote:Would you not agree though that regardless of when you looked at UK's schedule in the past, there were several teams ranked in the top 25? That just isn't the case this year.

Florida #24 or 25? Miss St #14, Georgia #2, Flordia and Miss St would still be ranked if we lose to them. That is the difference i believe, Usually teams are still ranked after we lose to them.
We are playing the ranked teams early in the season. They are usually on the backend . Which has been or demise in recent years . Luckily we have played those tough games early and came away with some wins.
Come on...typical stress the negative. We are 5 and 0. let it go
UKisN1 Wrote:Come on...typical stress the negative. We are 5 and 0. let it go

I'm not saying they have had the easiest schedule in the top 25. I'm asking a legitimate question here, and in UK's defense they typically would have lost at least 2-3 of the games they have won so far. The question remains, though. Is UK's 5-0 start in some part to a easier than normal UK schedule? I'm honestly looking for opinions here.
CBS also has us as a top 5 Resume after week 5. You don’t get that by having a week schedule.
UKisN1 Wrote:Come on...typical stress the negative. We are 5 and 0. let it go

In Westside defense, i think he has stated numerous times he is not a UK fan but pulls for Kash.
With all due respect to Westside, but.........

WHO CARES!!!!!! UK is 5-0 & has a legit chance of double digit wins in the regular regular season in over forty years.

You gotta beat the teams on your schedule. It's not UK's fault & shouldn't catch grief because some teams aren't the powerhouse they normally are. These five wins have not gimmicky wins or fluke plays..... this UK team is straghit up beating SEC teams.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Wildcatk23 Wrote:In Westside defense, i think he has stated numerous times he is not a UK fan but pulls for Kash.

True on both counts.
I looked online and one of the rankings has UK's strength of schedule at 30 which really isn't bad. I'm curious what it normally is this time of year.
This week against A&M they have a real shot to let people know this team is no fluke and they are for real. You go into Kyle Field and come out with a victory against a Jimbo Fisher team, that’s one to hang your hate on just like the swamp win. I can’t wait for Saturday!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Not soft, before this season started most had UK 6-6 if the ball bounced the right way. Vegas has them at 5.5 wins. This team is as SEC analyst said last night LEGIT.
Spud6 Wrote:This week against A&M they have a real shot to let people know this team is no fluke and they are for real. You go into Kyle Field and come out with a victory against a Jimbo Fisher team, that’s one to hang your hate on just like the swamp win. I can’t wait for Saturday!

Honestly i think this A&M GAME Iis house money. You can lose this game and it doesn’t hurt you tremendously. You still can beat your East foes and play Georgia for the EAST. . But a win would be amazing.
Westside Wrote:I looked online and one of the rankings has UK's strength of schedule at 30 which really isn't bad. I'm curious what it normally is this time of year.

I couldn’t find the website that had them at 30 but . Team rankings. SOS NCAAF has them at SOS 19 after Saturday.

At this time last year there SOS was 61

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-foo...2018-09-30

SB NATIon Had then at top 15 last week.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnatio...s-2018-sos

The weak schedule narrative i think is a figment or your imagination lol
Central Michigan - W
#25 Florida - W
Murray State - W
# 14 Mississippi St. - W
South Carolina - W

@ Texas A&M. Tough road game. The Aggies didn't look impressive against Arkansas team this past Saturday.
VS. Vanderbilt. UK continues their top-tier, SEC, level play and puts this game away early in the 2nd qtr.
@ Missouri. Worst atmosphere in the SEC. This will be a very blah blah blah type of game. No big plays, but a grind-it-out type if win,
VS. Georgia. This game can be epic. This game can be the biggest football game in program history in over sixty years. UK can be playing the Dawgs for the SEC East championship for the first time ever.
@ Tennessee. Stoops and Co. win @ Florida & @ Tennessee for the first time, in the same season, since 1977.
VS. MTSU. UK shows the Blue Raiders why UK is becoming a top-tier SEC team.
@ Louisville.. Stoops sends Petrino out with an L and puts the "Ville-ains" in jail.

I know anything can happen and the old saying "that's" why we play the game" can ring true for any contest......... BUT the UK team I saw the first five games is a legit SEC caliber team. UK has a legitimist shot at being 12-0, 11-1, 10-2. I think any record worse than 9-3 will be a disappointment.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Wildcatk23 Wrote:I couldn’t find the website that had them at 30 but . Team rankings. SOS NCAAF has them at SOS 19 after Saturday.

At this time last year there SOS was 61

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-foo...2018-09-30

SB NATIon Had then at top 15 last week.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnatio...s-2018-sos

The weak schedule narrative i think is a figment or your imagination lol

Well, I guess that answers my question.
Florida and Miss State both have been ranked for nearly the entire season, their was a week or two that Florida had dropped out but they're right back in at #22. Next year's schedule is really soft...(no I'm not being sarcastic, it really is soft)
I don't look for Miss St and Florida to be ranked by years end so it will look softer than it actually was.
If UK loses to Florida the Gators are undefeated. Mississippi State is a one loss team to an undefeated Florida team if they beat UK. South Carolina is a one loss team with the loss being to Georgia the #2 team in the country if they beat UK. Losing to UK makes these teams soft?
E's Army Wrote:If UK loses to Florida the Gators are undefeated. Mississippi State is a one loss team to an undefeated Florida team if they beat UK. South Carolina is a one loss team with the loss being to Georgia the #2 team in the country if they beat UK. Losing to UK makes these teams soft?

Florida would be in the top 10.
Pretty close with early season predictions on rankings . Florida and Miss state both ended up back in the polls.
jesus christ. Strength of schedule. Not like they aren't playing in the SEC. and the non conference at least they aren't like bama playing Citadel. Come on now you lineup and you play whats on the SEC slate. If they lose you would be saying well its the sec and we can't compete in it. When they when then its down and well we can't possibly be any damn good.

We have a outstanding defense. Granted it has given up points the last few weeks but when your on the field for over 80 percent of the game your gonna get damn tired and eventually give up the points. IF the damn offense could do anything this could have been a ligit strong ass team

Had we had any qb that wasn't terrified of being in the limelight we would have beaten A&M and should have beaten them. Georgia turns out is the only SEC school on the schedule that we should have lost to and did. Tennessee loss is a loss that should not have happened. I wonder sometimes if stoops just loses his damn mind against teams like Tennessee.

Stoops better take care of business this week or this whole damn season will have been for nothing