Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds Making Some Moves...
To help with the bullpen, the Reds released seldom used reliever Rheal Cormier yesterday and called up Brad Salmon from Triple A Louisville. The Reds also said that Marcus McBeth is the player to be named later in the Chris Denorfia trade.

McBeth was the closer for Triple A Sacramento in the A's orgainzation. He had 32 saves for Class A & AA last season. This year, he's (1-0, 5 saves).

Salmon has been pretty effective at Louisville for the Reds. He has a 95mph heater. He was 1-0 with two saves and a 2.16 ERA in eight games covering 8 1/3 innings pitched. He had struck out nine and allowed only seven hits and no walks.

I think these are good moves and much needed. The bad thing is, the Reds ate $2 million after extending Cormier's contract last season, yet the release shows that the Reds aren't afraid to cut their losses in order to win.

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/news/arti...p&c_id=cin
Can the take a hit and send Milton out? Or down at least.
Beef Wrote:Can the take a hit and send Milton out? Or down at least.

No one will ever mistake me for an Eric Milton supporter, and I still throw imaginary darts at an imaginary picture of Dan O'Brien for signing him.

That said, Milton has not been a big problem for the Reds this year. Granted, he has an 0-4 record, but he has really not pitched that bad. Not good, but not bad either. He generally has kept the team in the game, which is as much as you hope for from a fifth starter. Remember also that Arroyo's record is 0-2, as neither he nor Milton has received much run support, and we know how well Arroyo has pitched this year.

Bottom line, the rotation as a whole has done its job, but the bullpen and offense have dropped the ball.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I guess this is always an asked question Im not positive on it. But when will the Reds bring up Homer Bailey? Just curious, heard so much about this kid but we have yet to see him in a big league uniform.
They don't want to bring him up too early. But I would expect to see him sometime after the All-Star break.
Beef Wrote:They don't want to bring him up too early. But I would expect to see him sometime after the All-Star break.

Im really looking forward to seeing Bailey in the bigs. With the inconsistency of the bullpen this is what the Reds need, a solid starting pitcher who can go deep into the game and most of the times they wouldnt have to worry about relying on the pen.
-STATS- Wrote:Im really looking forward to seeing Bailey in the bigs. With the inconsistency of the bullpen this is what the Reds need, a solid starting pitcher who can go deep into the game and most of the times they wouldnt have to worry about relying on the pen.

The way the Reds' bullpen has been performing, the starters may need to go all 9 innings every time out! Smile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:The way the Reds' bullpen has been performing, the starters may need to go all 9 innings every time out! Smile

lol, heard that. They need to get some fresh young pitching for their bullpen, all they have now is washed up.
-STATS- Wrote:lol, heard that. They need to get some fresh young pitching for their bullpen, all they have now is washed up.

How sad is it when the best guy your pen has to offer is ol' David Weathers? Yeesh...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]