Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Results of the Shelby Valley Lift Meet?
How did the meet go? What teams and individuals had strong showings?
Umm Shelby Valley and Pike Central were there, that was the showing, Shelby Valley won.
I was told by a friend at PC that they were the only school at the competition.
They only took a few players and still beat SV bad --He told me they were a lot stronger than SV. Why do SV people get on here and brag about next year and the coaches when one school cam e to your competion and beat you with a few players. I guess we'll see how good you are come season. Remember, we (Cards) will scrimmage yoiu in preseason
Insight, you are posting incorrect information. Shelby Valley won the meet, how could PC win with less than 10 players and just 1 guy benching 300? Sorry but these guys were just Bench Babies, they couldn't deadlift, and even had one guy bench more than he deadlifted, you're source told you completely wrong, and I'd say he's on PC's football team, get some better sources.
Was PCC or SV in the weight meet at Lexington Christian a while back?
I seriously doubt if anyone cares who won a weightlifting contest between Pike Central and Shelby Valley in the month of April. What would it matter who won this battle of two pretty weak football schools??
bball fan Wrote:I seriously doubt if anyone cares who won a weightlifting contest between Pike Central and Shelby Valley in the month of April. What would it matter who won this battle of two pretty weak football schools??
Exactly, I am so tired of these guys on here talking about SV's strength coach and how good they going to be next season.
You know, noone said you'd be banned if you didn't open this, and not a single of us asked if you cared, but obviously the topic creator cared, so why did you have to put your pointless 2 cents in on this?
When I was a Freshman playing for Belfry, there was a junior who could bench 300 lbs. He was a short stocky linebacker who wasn't that bad a player (although we had better at the time) He never saw the field other than on special teams, even as a senior - and he could bench over 300 lbs..

Bench press does not equal good football skill.
I think it is funny that people argue over how can lift the most weight when the stronger players lift lower weight more times IMO. I would rather have a guy that lifts 225 pounds multiple times that have a guy that lifts 300 pounds once.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

LovetheBucs Wrote:When I was a Freshman playing for Belfry, there was a junior who could bench 300 lbs. He was a short stocky linebacker who wasn't that bad a player (although we had better at the time) He never saw the field other than on special teams, even as a senior - and he could bench over 300 lbs..

Bench press does not equal good football skill.

exactly..squat is what counts on the field
dfblackcat53 Wrote:exactly..squat is what counts on the field

Actually, I believe, talent is what counts on the field.
I've seen guys who could bench a refrigerator and squat a house that couldn't play a lick.
Amen Fox
Yes talent is what shows on the field, but you young guys stay in the weight room and you will find out that it will make a big difference and you will be able to do things that you were previously unable to do.
i would rather have a hard worker willing to play.
but it always made me more confident that i was stronger than the guy across from me.
Exactly how strong were you since you were ALWAYS stronger than the guy across from you.
well i think confidence and strength togther would make a good football player because without strength you shouldnt have much confidence
i dont care how much talent u have if u dont have the speed to get around someone or the strengh to get through them u dont have talent 90% of talent is strengh and speed. Bench does not matter but when it comes to squat and power clean it matter alot
Valley And Pike Central was there at the meet...Now whats wrong with pikeville and east ridge...Are you all to strong for the meet..Or you all didnt want to get embarresed?
PF23 Wrote:Valley And Pike Central was there at the meet...Now whats wrong with pikeville and east ridge...Are you all to strong for the meet..Or you all didnt want to get embarresed?

well east ridge has never went to a weight lifting meet and i dunno bout pikeville
PF23 Wrote:Valley And Pike Central was there at the meet...Now whats wrong with pikeville and east ridge...Are you all to strong for the meet..Or you all didnt want to get embarresed?

LOL Embarresed? Our freshman class alone could probally win the competition, we have at least 3 freshman benching over 200 and 2 or 3 squating at the least 260. ER has been in the SV weight lifting competition before and won it!!
warriorpride Wrote:LOL Embarresed? Our freshman class alone could probally win the competition, we have at least 3 freshman benching over 200 and 2 or 3 squating at the least 260. ER has been in the SV weight lifting competition before and won it!!

i dont remeber that but are freshman class is strong but i dont think we could beat sv they got some strong freshman
warriorpride Wrote:LOL Embarresed? Our freshman class alone could probally win the competition, we have at least 3 freshman benching over 200 and 2 or 3 squating at the least 260. ER has been in the SV weight lifting competition before and won it!!

LOL! WOW! We have a fresh. WR that is benching over 240. So we can cram #s all night long if you want, Valley has you all beat in the weight room.
Tubby Hater Wrote:Exactly, I am so tired of these guys on here talking about SV's strength coach and how good they going to be next season.

I am sorry to ask but can you fill me in on what everyone has been saying as predictions for HS football next year? I have not been keeping up with the high school sports since the sweet 16. I am just interested about Valley predictions.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:I think it is funny that people argue over how can lift the most weight when the stronger players lift lower weight more times IMO. I would rather have a guy that lifts 225 pounds multiple times that have a guy that lifts 300 pounds once.

This doesn't make much sense to me. Usually you have to lift 225 multiple times to be able to bench 300 pounds. Football players max out. They do that all over the country at every level. For football players, you usually like to lift heavy (depending on the kid) because it adds more muscle mass. Lots of reps (with light weight) usually tones the muscles but does not make the muscles any bigger. It is not like they go in and do three sets of 1 rep. You build up your reps and then max to see how you have progressed. Our team does it every 6 weeks.
I went to Pikeville and the weight program there is very good and we never went to any weight meets just pushed each other to get stronger.
probbably nobody else showed up cause the coach ticked so many people off.
finepoint Wrote:probbably nobody else showed up cause the coach ticked so many people off.

Well it dosen't matter who the coach ticked off. This thread is about how the result of the weightlifting meet went, and not the reason why no other team showed up. So try to stay on topic please.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:LOL! WOW! We have a fresh. WR that is benching over 240. So we can cram #s all night long if you want, Valley has you all beat in the weight room.

And exactly how do you know that?
warriorpride Wrote:And exactly how do you know that?

Because of your stupid statements, oh you have guys squatting 260? LOL, try almost like 5 guys at Valley close to 500 parallel squat.