Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pulaski County 61 Whitley County 0
Maroons move on to second round.
Congrats Pulaski County on the impressive win. I believe Whitley County is way better than this. Something is just not right there. Hope they figure it out.
Colonels under achieved this year. Played Pulaski close in a preseason scrimmage.
Again coach Chappell is a good friend of mine. I hate to see any of his teams struggle
Whitley just didn’t have the horses to compete with Pulaksi
Knew it’d be bad but not this bad. Wonder who they bring in next?
They don’t have the horses to beat Pulaski if both team are on, I’ll give you that... But they def have the horses to keep the score closer than 67-0... Those kids have quit. Their mind isn’t in it. Why, I can’t answer that.
Holy smokes. Didn’t see that coming.
bcpc Wrote:They don’t have the horses to beat Pulaski if both team are on, I’ll give you that... But they def have the horses to keep the score closer than 67-0... Those kids have quit. Their mind isn’t in it. Why, I can’t answer that.

Something is definitely wrong.
Coach Chappell is a good coach and great person. If they are not hitting a home run they need to leave things alone. Dudley was seen in Gold Bug on Tuesday.
E's Army Wrote:Coach Chappell is a good coach and great person. If they are not hitting a home run they need to leave things alone. Dudley was seen in Gold Bug on Tuesday.

I think you got the great person part right.
#55PirateFan Wrote:Something is definitely wrong.

Yep. it's plain to see what's wrong Smile
Who would you hire?
E's Army Wrote:Who would you hire?

A new administration that cares about the kids. The politics is sickening.
I'm not even gonna say anything bad about the current head coach. I think he is a fine man and a great role model.
pjdoug Wrote:I think you got the great person part right.

Tell us how you really feel.
So is one down year not allowed at Whitley? Chappell has been pretty solid record wise since he's been there.
What are the expectations at Whitley County? What level of success would be adequate? Do they want to be Harlan County good or Bowling Green good?
DarthVader Wrote:So is one down year not allowed at Whitley? Chappell has been pretty solid record wise since he's been there.

:notworthy
E's Army Wrote:What are the expectations at Whitley County? What level of success would be adequate? Do they want to be Harlan County good or Bowling Green good?

silly questions :drooling:
Tailback44 Wrote:Tell us how you really feel.

I don't have a problem doing that:biggrin:
Bowling Green good it is.
DarthVader Wrote:So is one down year not allowed at Whitley? Chappell has been pretty solid record wise since he's been there.

Chappell might not be the top rated coach in the state, but he ain't even the problem.
Certain high school coaches have it. Some dont.
Chappell will never bring the excitement level and quality of program some other coaches do, no matter what he does. Hes a so so coach with a non exciting program.

A change is needed unless Whitley is content with 5-5 record and road trip playoff games being in the district next year. It's funny some are asking what kind of success Whitley fans should want. You should want a state title. It's what every program should want. If that's not your goal then you're failing.
Next year whitleys district is going to be in direct competetion with Scott co., highlands, cov Cath, etc. If you ever want a chance at a region title again you better change.
Not what you want but what you expect
pjdoug Wrote:Chappell might not be the top rated coach in the state, but he ain't even the problem.

I agree Chappell isn’t at fault, until coaches at Whitley are given control of thier programs with out higher up telling them what to do it’s going to be mediocre season with a one or two and out playoffs. I have said all along Chappell would be lucky to make it through the season, and not that it was his fault but he is the fall guy. I don’t care if Saben comes in, if he has to play the politics that go with the high up, he won’t win. The change needs to start at the top, not a fire or anything but a change in the way they think. Stop self promoting and start building success to change the atmosphere and beliefs of the kids and fans. As many big bodies walking the halls Whitley should be able to line up and run it anytime they want, as many big lanky athletes walking the halls they should be able to throw at will. That said by the time these kids get to high school they are done and choose not to play and a few have other things that are out of there control that prevents participation.
I honestly thought that Chappell would be gone a few games into the season and replaced with one of the new superintendents cronies or better yet the all star principals buddies. That way when it tanked after he was fired they could still lay a bad season at Chappells feet. Truthfully I don’t know what the answer is that bunch has been inept and crooked for so long I just don’t think there’s hope...
Wow! This looks like a good ole country beat down!

I was expecting Pulaski to win 42-14 or maybe 49-14, but certainly not this. I feel that Pulaski has the horses to make it all the way to the state championship game if they're on top of their game. It would seem to be obvious to me that the kids from Whitley just didn't even want to be there. Not sure if it happened in the weeks leading up to the game or after Pulaski put up a few unanswered scores, but you don't get a score like this otherwise.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
I figured this one would be closer. Whitley is better than this I believe. Pulaski has definitely improved steadily this year though.
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:Wow! This looks like a good ole country beat down!

I was expecting Pulaski to win 42-14 or maybe 49-14, but certainly not this. I feel that Pulaski has the horses to make it all the way to the state championship game if they're on top of their game. It would seem to be obvious to me that the kids from Whitley just didn't even want to be there. Not sure if it happened in the weeks leading up to the game or after Pulaski put up a few unanswered scores, but you don't get a score like this otherwise.

They won’t get by covinton cath