Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region Golf Predictions?
I don't know too much about the region teams, but I'm pretty familier with the 58th. So who do you think will win the 15th this upcoming season?

IMO, it will be Dane Sizemore of Prestonsburg.
blackcat_student Wrote:I don't know too much about the region teams, but I'm pretty familier with the 58th. So who do you think will win the 15th this upcoming season?

IMO, it will be Dane Sizemore of Prestonsburg.
I dont see Dane pulling that off. I played with Dane few weeks back on StoneCrest and he struggled a little. Dont get me wrong he has a lot of talent but just not sure he is ready to take the region this year.
shelby valley high school has alot of talent with jake bryant ,colton damron,and brock brown........interesting to see the outcome of region this year good luck to all teams
Pikeville has a lot comin back from last year's region champion team so I look for them to take it again this year.
I dont know but Colby Hayes is awsome
Joe Castle was awsome he was the number 1 man man last year, but im lookin for p-ville to win again this year because there top 4 of there top 5 are coming back this year.
pikevillepanther#11 Wrote:Joe Castle was awsome he was the number 1 man man last year, but im lookin for p-ville to win again this year because there top 4 of there top 5 are coming back this year.

Actually only 3 of their top 5 are back but they'll be just as good as last year's team.
JC boys should be pretty tough again this year.
The_Pistol Wrote:I dont know but Colby Hayes is awsome

Wasnt he like number 5 or 6 on last years Pikevilles team when he played there?
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
headrd paintsville was suppose to be pretty good this year
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Wasnt he like number 5 or 6 on last years Pikevilles team when he played there?
no it was
#1 Joe Castle
#2 Colby Hayes
#3 Jordan Bell
#4 J.P. Newsome
#5 Casey Castle/Griffin Hall
valleyrules101 Wrote:headrd paintsville was suppose to be pretty good this year

yes they should have another good season.
i heard that paintsville will have a new coach this year is that true
since Joe Castle left, so did his dad. So p-ville picked up Eddie Venters as their coach
White Mike Wrote:no it was
#1 Joe Castle
#2 Colby Hayes
#3 Jordan Bell
#4 J.P. Newsome
#5 Casey Castle/Griffin Hall

It was actually last year
1. Joe
2. Bell
3. Griff
4. JP
5. Will Branham/Don Combs
Matt Ratliff will be the boys coach at Paintsville this year.
David Vanhoose will be the Girls golf coach.
Coach Hale was awarded the job as Manager of Paintsville Country Club at the end of '06. Ratliff agreed to step in and help out. A great high school golfer that alot people have failed to mention is Joe Whitaker from Central, Mike Conley from Central as well.
How is everyone doing so far?

Prestonsburg beat Betsy Layne by 30+ strokes and beat Sheldon Clark by 20+ strokes.
P-burg will finish third in region again this year behind J.C. and Pikeville.
Does Sheldon clark have a golf team and who is the coach?
There is no 15th region in KHSAA golf. All area teams play in the 11th Region. In All "A" competitions there are 15 regions in golf.
Pikeville is returning 4 players, from last years double region champions. They won both the 15th All "A", as well as the KHSAA 11th region, in 2007. Three of those players, Casey Castle, Mac Fain, and J.P. Newsome, were also members of Pikeville's 2006 15th Region All"A" and KHSAA 11th Region championship Teams. Casey Castle , is also the defending 15th All"A" Regional Individual Champion. Four regional Championships in 2 years, plus 4 of your top players returning, in my opinion, equals 2 more titles.
Pikeville won the 11th Region today by 6 strokes I believe @ Raven Rock. Johnson Central was 2nd.

JP Newsome of Pikeville won the event with a 68.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1, Pikeville
2. Johnson central
3. Estill Co

Great job Estill Co
Paintsville should be good
Paintsville should have a good year.
Gameplan18 Wrote:Paintsville should be good

I agree with you GAMEPLAN
LC needs a golf team...
how many players did top 3 teams lose?