Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gordon Wins Talledega Aarons 499/ Passes Earnhardt for 6th All-Time
Boooooooooooooooooooooooy Ill bet this is going to be a popular thread. Gordon wins 77th race on the late Dale Sr's 56th birthday.
Like him or not hes one of the best the business has to offer. Congrats Gordon.
damn right he is. Theres no way ANYBODY can argue that. Im a David Pearson, Harry Gant and Ward Burton fan, and Ill be fine as long as he stays away from 105, lol..but he'll break that in a few years. Gordon is great, the best out of the Hendrix bunch. Congrats to the 2 people Jimmie Johnson DIDNT wreck today by the way, lol
-STATS- Wrote:Like him or not hes one of the best the business has to offer. Congrats Gordon.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:damn right he is. Theres no way ANYBODY can argue that. Im a David Pearson, Harry Gant and Ward Burton fan, and Ill be fine as long as he stays away from 105, lol..but he'll break that in a few years. Gordon is great, the best out of the Hendrix bunch. Congrats to the 2 people Jimmie Johnson DIDNT wreck today by the way, lol

No doubt he will break the record, its like the homerun record, dont want to see it get broken but I know it will. Atleast we dont have to worry about Gordon comparing his sports to the likes of Pro Wrestling like some people but I wont mention no names(Tony Stewart), lol.
I will say it. Jeff Gordon is THE BEST NASCAR DRIVER OF ALL TIME! I don't like or dislike him but will be the first to respect what he has accomplished during his era! BTW..MAYFIELD WITH A SOLID TOP 25 FINISH! LOL!!!!
God comment TidesHoss, Johnson is by far the dirtiest driver in Nascar. But no one else wants to think that. The commentators are always taking his side, but I guess its because they dont wanna start anything and get fined by Nascar.
Congrats Im a huge #24 Fan
Ive ALWAYS thought that bro. He causes "the big one" at Talledega every year, among just about everywhere else on the circuit. Id love to punch him in his freakin mouth. I despise Johnson. I dont even dislike Gordon, but I despise Johnson.
SportsFan80 Wrote:God comment TidesHoss, Johnson is by far the dirtiest driver in Nascar. But no one else wants to think that. The commentators are always taking his side, but I guess its because they dont wanna start anything and get fined by Nascar.
The funny thing about all this uproar with Gordon winning and carrying Sr's flag is that Jr. thought it was a great thing and asked his fans to stop throwing debris on the track after the win.
Congrats to Jeff Gordon and i hope Dale Jr. gets his thing worked out.
hendrick is the stuff man, cant be touched. good job gordon
SportsFan80 Wrote:God comment TidesHoss, Johnson is by far the dirtiest driver in Nascar. But no one else wants to think that. The commentators are always taking his side, but I guess its because they dont wanna start anything and get fined by Nascar.

More dirty then Stewart? I dont think so
Yes he is way more dirty than Stewart will ever be. Stewart is just a whiner, he needs to just shut up and drive, maybe he could win some races then. Im not a Hendrick Team fan, but Gordon is a hell of a driver, always has been, and if not for a couple bad years brought on by his ex Brooke, he would probably be closer to Petty's wins record. I would love to see Gordon leave Hendrick Motorsports and join DEI or maybe Childress Racing. Johnson is the posterboy for Hendrick now, Gordon needs to move on and dominate with and for another team. But in all honesty, I think there should be one car teams, the way Johnson drives, every one would be better off as a one car team, then they wouldnt have to worry about being taken out by teammates and it would be more competetive. Because then they wouldnt have anyone to team up with to move to the front, drivers would have to do it alone.
SportsFan80 Wrote:Yes he is way more dirty than Stewart will ever be. Stewart is just a whiner, he needs to just shut up and drive, maybe he could win some races then. Im not a Hendrick Team fan, but Gordon is a hell of a driver, always has been, and if not for a couple bad years brought on by his ex Brooke, he would probably be closer to Petty's wins record. I would love to see Gordon leave Hendrick Motorsports and join DEI or maybe Childress Racing. Johnson is the posterboy for Hendrick now, Gordon needs to move on and dominate with and for another team.

2 things about this post.

1. I don't think he will ever get near Petty's mark of 200 wins. Just not possible running only 36 races.

2 Gordon is in a lifetime contract with Hendrick and DuPont so there is no chance of him going anywhere.
Still doesnt anyone think it is strange that Gordon won after Stewart's comments about Gordon and Cautions?
i agree he wont break his record, but as much as I hate to admit it, and this rips a hole in my soul, but I do believe within the next four years, maybe 5, that he'll pass Pearson for number 2. And that will be a sad day in racing (for me anyways). Long live the Fox!
Midee1 Wrote:2 things about this post.

1. I don't think he will ever get near Petty's mark of 200 wins. Just not possible running only 36 races.

2 Gordon is in a lifetime contract with Hendrick and DuPont so there is no chance of him going anywhere.
well Tony dont slam his own teammates into the walls though, LOL...Johnson will wreck anybody he gets near. If Tony wrecks somebody, more times than not he'll at least own up to it (not all the time, mind you, lol)..when Johnson gets done putting you in the wall and takes 25 cars out with him, its NEVER his fault, or he makes up some bullshit excuse on why it happened. Johnson is a gutless piece of garbage. If he'd ever own up to anything he causes, I wouldnt despise him so bad. I hate his "Im just an innocent choirboy, it couldnt have been my fault" front that he puts on, and Im waiting for about 10 or 12 drivers to just punish him one of these days. I have nothing against drivers and crewchiefs bending the rules, or even cheating, because thats NASCAR, and it always will be, but if Chad Knaus wasnt employed by Hendrix, he would have been kicked out of NASCAR a loooooong time ago. But thats for another thread. But no matter what he does, he'll always be #2 in the Hendrix organization as long as Gordons there.
bizmark Wrote:More dirty then Stewart? I dont think so
TidesHoss32 Wrote:i agree he wont break his record, but as much as I hate to admit it, and this rips a hole in my soul, but I do believe within the next four years, maybe 5, that he'll pass Pearson for number 2. And that will be a sad day in racing (for me anyways). Long live the Fox!

How many does Pearson have? I think that Gordon will start petering out in the next couple of years while Hendrick focuses all of his money and effort on his young guns. Gordon will be relegated to a test mule just like Martin did at Roush. Moved him from the 6 to the 01 and look at what he did.

Gordon may pass Waltrip this year or early next though. But after that I think he will be a field filler.
I hope your right Midee. Pearson has 105, and Gordon is 29 away from breaking that. If he has say, five or six good seasons after this, unfortunately that will be in jeopardy. I think he'll break Yarbrough, Allison and Waltrips marks POSSIBLY this year, but PROBABLY next year though, but its hard to believe that we're even having this conversation right now, lol..my boy Ward Burton's only 72 away from Gordon right now though..GO WARD!!
Midee1 Wrote:How many does Pearson have? I think that Gordon will start petering out in the next couple of years while Hendrick focuses all of his money and effort on his young guns. Gordon will be relegated to a test mule just like Martin did at Roush. Moved him from the 6 to the 01 and look at what he did.

Gordon may pass Waltrip this year or early next though. But after that I think he will be a field filler.
Im a big Gordon fan, so it really pleased me to see him get his 77th win. One legend passing another. It was despicable to see those fans throwing garbage, that just puts a bad image on all Nascar fans, as if we didn't already have one. I wish Gordon the best of luck in his future and many more wins, hopefully he can keep moving up the all time wins list, and continue his amazing year. Gordon and all the Hendrick team members are on fire this year.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:I hope your right Midee. Pearson has 105, and Gordon is 29 away from breaking that. If he has say, five or six good seasons after this, unfortunately that will be in jeopardy. I think he'll break Yarbrough, Allison and Waltrips marks POSSIBLY this year, but PROBABLY next year though, but its hard to believe that we're even having this conversation right now, lol..my boy Ward Burton's only 72 away from Gordon right now though..GO WARD!!

As I said earlier I don't think that Gordon has 5-6 more good seasons in him. There is a changing of the guard coming at Hendrick and Gordon will be an R&D driver for Johnson and the rest of the Hendrick crew by about 2009.

He has already made his mark and his money so he will fill the field for a few more years and bow out gracefully in 7 years or less.