Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayweather defeats De La Hoya Split Decision
Awesome fight. Word going around Mayweather is going to retire with a 38-0 record.
I watched it and IMO Mayweather was putting on a clinic. Best flurry Oscar had was when he had FMJr on the ropes and hit him with those 4-5 left hooks to the body in a row. Oscar was stronger and could have knocked FMJr out but couldn't catch him with the KO punch. IMO FMJr could not have KO'd Oscar. FMJr is a great defender and a great puncher when it comes to accuracy but not much KO power. It's gonna be funny one day the look on his face when he gets KO'd for the 1st time. Just like when Roy Jones Jr got KO'd by Tarver. He was never the same after that punch.
Someone retiring in boxing is hilarious. They retire because they know someone out there will offer 100's of millions of dollars especially in the sport of boxing since it has lost it's identity. Mayweather doesn't need boxing, boxing needs Mayweather! He is the last name in the sport of boxing! He will probably fight at least 4-5 more fights before he finally does throw in the gloves! They need to fight for a purse instead of a guaranteed contract before the fight and the loser getting like $50,000-$100,000 for the fight while a winner rakes in $500,000-$1,000,000. Crazy money anyway you look at it! Something needs to be done regardless! But Mayweather literally outwitted Hoya the entire fight and stats don't lie!
i dont think the fight lived up to the hype. oscar kept goin after mayweather but floyd was just to quick for him and too good of a defender. but its like de la hoya said after the fight, without him goin after mayweather then there really wouldnt have been a fight. he just exerted himself to early. but i dont agree with mayweather being the last name in boxing when you still have bernard hopkins, the other klitschko brother comin out of retirement, shane mosley. there are still some names, but pound for pound mayweather is the best. but i think that this bernard hopkins vs winky wright fight coming up soon should be a good one.
bizmark Wrote:i dont think the fight lived up to the hype. oscar kept goin after mayweather but floyd was just to quick for him and too good of a defender. but its like de la hoya said after the fight, without him goin after mayweather then there really wouldnt have been a fight. he just exerted himself to early. but i dont agree with mayweather being the last name in boxing when you still have bernard hopkins, the other klitschko brother comin out of retirement, shane mosley. there are still some names, but pound for pound mayweather is the best. but i think that this bernard hopkins vs winky wright fight coming up soon should be a good one.
I agree Hopkins and Wright will be great.
Winky will beat Hopkins.
DevilsWin Wrote:Winky will beat Hopkins.

who, winky stinky? do you really think a guy named winky can beat bernard hopkins?
bizmark Wrote:who, winky stinky? do you really think a guy named winky can beat bernard hopkins?
Have you ever seen him fight. I have on multiple occasions. Winky Wright is a bad man.

Hopkins proved in his last fight that he is slippin in his old age.
it was a joke. i thought you would know what i was refering too because i know you saw the press conference when b-hop said that stuff. and yes i have seen wink wright box and yes i do think hopkins will win the fight
It will more than likely be a decision. Winky has a tendency to fight defensively like Maywether does.
he might fight like mayweather but he aint nearly as good. hopkins will knock him out.