Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clemens to pitch for Yankees...
NEW YORK -- Roger Clemens returned to the New York Yankees, making a dramatic announcement to fans from the owner's box during Sunday's game against the Seattle Mariners.

LiNk

CREDIT: ESPN
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I was just about to post that, lol...yeah that sucks. I hate the Yankees, not as much as I do the Braves, but nonetheless, Ill continue to pull against them, even with Clemens.
Well, I was hoping he would go to the Red Sox were it all began. Apparently money was a big factor in Clemens going back to NY. Pro Rated contract of 28 million dollars and he will be making an estimated 4.5 million every month!
I am so glad that the Rocket went back to New York. Maybe they will turn things around?
Surprised by this in a way. I actually thought he would go back to Boston for a swan song and pitch for a "contending" team.
i think any team is stupid to give Clemons a contract and a 3rd of season already over he is over the hill retire old man.
rallo316 Wrote:i think any team is stupid to give Clemons a contract and a 3rd of season already over he is over the hill retire old man.

no doubt
rallo316 Wrote:i think any team is stupid to give Clemons a contract and a 3rd of season already over he is over the hill retire old man.

Smile He led the league in ERA last season after June 23rd when he returned. He may be old but he has a lot of gas left in the tank.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I can understand him wanting to pitch for a team that truly never thought he was washed up as the redsox did.

Plus after Boston having dice k and ego man there is no need to have the greatest picther of our generation having to deal with schilling and his bloody socks.

I hope he wins 20 and another cy young award.
Oh well, guess we will just kick your ass with Clemens.. Nice Steinbrenner, way to try and buy a championship once again as you will see the outcome of $28 million spent buying you 8-10 more wins! NICE! Damn Yankees!!
im glad, i like the yankees, and if they didnt get clemens they would have been in some trouble with pitching.
Doc Holliday Wrote:I can understand him wanting to pitch for a team that truly never thought he was washed up as the redsox did.

Plus after Boston having dice k and ego man there is no need to have the greatest picther of our generation having to deal with schilling and his bloody socks.

I hope he wins 20 and another cy young award.

your crazy if you think hell win 20 games
Clemens wont make the Yankees any better. They have a stacked team and can barely win any games.
Super_de Wrote:im glad, i like the yankees, and if they didnt get clemens they would have been in some trouble with pitching.
i hope you don"t think old man river is going to help.
pikevillepanther#32 Wrote:Clemens wont make the Yankees any better. They have a stacked team and can barely win any games.

They have zero pitching right now due to injuries. They lead the league in runs but that doesn't go far when you don't have anybody to start the games.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]