•  Previous
  • 39(current)
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley County Coaching Search
Madden? Really?
Good one..... I know ya are but what am I?

I won’t down a kid. They’re all great kids. They all played last season at their levels. May wanna go check out those “camps”.... since they played teams from Minnesota Kansas City Gwinnett Georgia and Seattle Washington. Team Ky 8th finished 7th in the county and the 7th finished 5th.
KEEPITREAL Wrote:Madden? Really?
Good one..... I know ya are but what am I?

I won’t down a kid. They’re all great kids. They all played last season at their levels. May wanna go check out those “camps”.... since they played teams from Minnesota Kansas City Gwinnett Georgia and Seattle Washington. Team Ky 8th finished 7th in the county and the 7th finished 5th.
country?
Jaguarhoundbird Wrote:Lol. I can't believe the negativity from some Whitley people about this hire. I'm assuming that it's because you know nothing about him, and basing it all off his last season at a school in Georgia. But we need to save all these post and look back 3 years from now. I'd bet my house on it, that there isn't a coach around that would've been even close to as good a hire as this. You are extremely lucky to have got him as a coach, and the kids will love playing for him. I'd put his offense up against anyone in the state. Isn't that what Whitley fans was upset with the whole time Chappell was there?
his offense? will he be coaching and playing?
TheColonel Wrote:That is what it means to get the community behind you and your hire. This administration has yet to involve the community whatsoever. Reap what you sow.

Bob. Your Thanksgiving idea is great. I suggest you make everything more transparent, and have a community wide pig roast to get everybody involved.
ArJay Wrote:My 2 cents from an old man living on a side of a mountain in Arjay Ky. Hiring someone from out of state is very dangerous! We did it a couple years ago in football and it was a pure mess. I’ve seen several coaches brought in over the years and can’t think of an out of state coach that has worked in Eastern Ky. (Someone might prove me wrong). But there are a lot of good coaches around that have proven to be successful in our area. Why bring in someone like this? Just an honest opinion....

He's from London ain't he?
64SUR Wrote:I should have told everybody 2 weeks ago instead of keeping it a secret. :welcome: Coach Jeb Irwin to Whitley County football Confusednicker:

:gtfo:
single shot Wrote:Most people just don’t realize, I’m floored this guys the real deal if the administration will get behind him, he’ll do great things. Congrats Doug you got a guy comparable to the baseball coach, I’ll eat my crow we’ll done didn’t think the Whitley administration had it in them.

why is it going to take six years to win region? Confusednicker:
pjdoug Wrote::gtfo:

That been confirmed yet?
bac2369 Wrote:That been confirmed yet?
It is confirmed that Jep Irwin is the new head coach.
bac2369 Wrote:That been confirmed yet?

https://twitter.com/CoachJepIrwin?ref_sr...r%5Eauthor
Happy New Year to All of You.
pjdoug Wrote:https://twitter.com/CoachJepIrwin?ref_sr...r%5Eauthor

Wanted to make sure because I saw it elsewhere.
bac2369 Wrote:Wanted to make sure because I saw it elsewhere.

https://www.wymt.com/content/sports/Whit...31821.html . it's a done deal. lol
pjdoug Wrote:Bob. Your Thanksgiving idea is great. I suggest you make everything more transparent, and have a community wide pig roast to get everybody involved.
I prefer practice on Thanksgiving!
pjdoug Wrote:why is it going to take six years to win region? Confusednicker:

Confusednicker: all joking aside it may take that long or longer, Whitley’s district will be brutal but you’ll see fundamental football that’s been missing for a while
campbellfield Wrote:I prefer practice on Thanksgiving!

Me too. Thanksgiving practice and some spiked hot chocolate.
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:Me too. Thanksgiving practice and some spiked hot chocolate.

I've had some hot chocolate.
pjdoug Wrote:Happy New Year to All of You.

Even me.lol
pjdoug Wrote:https://www.wymt.com/content/sports/Whit...31821.html . it's a done deal. lol

What’s your thoughts?
bac2369 Wrote:What’s your thoughts?

I quit thinking. lol... The hire was a little surprising, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. They could have done a lot worse. They made a pretty good hire as Jep Irwin is a good coach if he is allowed to build the program and can get a good staff to join him.
^ Any talk about who he might bring with him?
Congrats Colonels.. I think it’s a great hire and time will tell. This site should be call bluegrassnegative board. 90% of the people on here don’t even know Jep and say negative stuff about him.
Happy New Year
pjdoug Wrote:^ Any talk about who he might bring with him?

It wouldn't shock me if Lawson is on the sideline with a headset on next season. I have calmed down a little since last night. This may turn out to be a great hire. However every one is saying the kids will love playing for him and it's a spread offense. We already had a coach that covered those two areas. Yes I'm not happy with the hire but he is coming from a program that had better athletes than Whitley has and he was 1-9 last year. The only reason this hire was made is a friendship and that's wrong imo. Wish him the best of luck cause the kids at Whitley deserve to have a wonderful playing experience in their final years of playing a game they love. Go Colonels!
I’ll be shocked if he is any more successful than Chappel was, I would like to know when Principal and this coach first talked about the job, I wouldn’t be shocked if this was a done deal months ago and Jason was gone no matter what he did this season.
  •  Previous
  • 39(current)