Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Raceland
13.64%
Pikeville
86.36%
* You voted for this item.

• 1(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland @ Pikeville 11/23
This is a rematch of last years semifinal in which the rams won 17-14 on a Luke Lemaster field goal. Can the Raceland Rams win two in a row against the Pikeville Panthers and move on to the state championship game again, or will Pikeville end Raceland's chance at a state title this year?
Rams will show up and give the old high school try.
@Patriot1, I told you we would be playing each other. Smile
We are outmatched in this one. I hope we can keep it close.
sidelinedoc Wrote:@Patriot1, I told you we would be playing each other. Smile

There is nothing better Doc than playing high school football the day after thanksgiving but as always GO PANTHERS!!!
I respect Raceland and they will play hard. However, from what I have seen from the film on Pikeville, ain’t nobody beating them, Beechwood included.
Do Raceland fans think they could go to Lexington and beat Beechwood on a neutral field? Because that would be easier than coming to Pikeville and getting a win. Not going to predict a score in this one. If the Panthers don't lose the penalty battle 10 or 11 to zero like last year and if they don't commit turnovers they will be playing on Kroger Field the following week. Good luck Panthers!
This one is goina be tough. Pikeville has play makers at QB, WE, RB, OL, DL, water boy, the consession stand, all over the freakin place. Couple that with them playing their best football right now, is goina be a tall task. Especially at their place. I'd never want a kid to risk his future of a college education for a HS game (gotta see the bigger picture), but we really need to be at full strength to have a shot. Hopefully Dalton and Nolan are good to go for Friday. This is going to be tough.
2000PHS Wrote:I respect Raceland and they will play hard. However, from what I have seen from the film on Pikeville, ain’t nobody beating them, Beechwood included.

How bout a small bet then??
RAMDAD50 Wrote:How bout a small bet then??

Yeah if Pikeville wins the ship you can't ever post on here again.
2000PHS Wrote:Yeah if Pikeville wins the ship you can't ever post on here again.

Do really want that?
Would love to see a close game like last yr but pikeville is on some kinda of roll right now this will a tough one to get
RAMDAD50 Wrote:Do really want that?

More than neutral refs at home playoff game.
Pikeville 28-14
36-7
I'm not sure you could take an All Start team from Paintsville' Raceland' Hazard and Williamsburg and beat this Panther squad. Seem to be focused and playing their best football at the right time.
Hopefully a different officiating crew this season and not the crew that did the game between these 2 teams last November because they were horrid and 1 sided...that's all I got.
Pikeville by 14
Still crying about the refs not the fact the better team won get over it .. and pikeville fans really think a lot of themselves to say it would be easier to beat beechwood than to beat pikeville at pikeville. That’s arrognace to a whole different level
Stop all the blaming officials crap! I was on the sidelines last year and yes, I am for Raceland. Do you realize your left guard left early (pre-snap) at least 6 times in order to trap our DT with no call? If I recall correctly, 2 or 3 happened during key plays on both scoring drives. Now, 0 holding calls is odd but both teams have to play on the same field with the same refs. Deal with it or stop going to games or go watch golf.....
I am really tired of everyone crying over officiating. It is a thankless job and it’s hard to see/call everything 100% correctly on every play.
****If you guys want to bash each other or criticize the coaches, fans or how players play, go for it. But to cry and whine over officiating and to continually to bring it up is demeaning to the game and to the guys who play it and yes, to the men who go out there and endure a thankless job. I know I sure wouldn’t do it, for any amount of money!!! And that brings up my last point. You can’t get good guys who know football to officiate because of the obsessive abuse and criticism of their ability.

****drop the mic
Back to the game.....

Pikeville is truly the upper cream of 1A football. I feel like Beechwood and Pikeville are definitely the top 2, whatever opinion of order. I honestly felt like we were right there in that conversation earlier in the year, but I feel like something changed. Either both teams advanced above where they were or we just flat plateaued. Either way, we are not as good as Pikeville. It will take a superior effort for us to win this game. Just like last year, we weren’t the best team in the Region Championship or State Semifinal game, but.....
It really has gotten to the point that the team playing Raceland has to be 14 points better than them to have a chance at winning. Luckily for Pikeville they are 21+ better.
^ classy.
sidelinedoc Wrote:We are outmatched in this one. I hope we can keep it close.
It will be close. Our boys and fans understand any given Friday.... not overlooking Raceland for one second. Much respect, could tell from the film Paintsville had improved over the season and y’all handled them well. Have a safe Thanksgiving week Doc.
sidelinedoc Wrote:Stop all the blaming officials crap! I was on the sidelines last year and yes, I am for Raceland. Do you realize your left guard left early (pre-snap) at least 6 times in order to trap our DT with no call? If I recall correctly, 2 or 3 happened during key plays on both scoring drives. Now, 0 holding calls is odd but both teams have to play on the same field with the same refs. Deal with it or stop going to games or go watch golf.....
I am really tired of everyone crying over officiating. It is a thankless job and it’s hard to see/call everything 100% correctly on every play.
****If you guys want to bash each other or criticize the coaches, fans or how players play, go for it. But to cry and whine over officiating and to continually to bring it up is demeaning to the game and to the guys who play it and yes, to the men who go out there and endure a thankless job. I know I sure wouldn’t do it, for any amount of money!!! And that brings up my last point. You can’t get good guys who know football to officiate because of the obsessive abuse and criticism of their ability.

****drop the mic

11 to zero doesn't pass the smell test and when it's totally one sided there will be criticism. Having said that if it was 11-0 the other way Raceland fans would have gone nuts for the last 300+ days. Hoping it's not one sided on the flags this year. As for the game I'm hoping to see huge payback and I think it's coming...Nothing personal doc and the rest of the Ram faithful.
jetpilot Wrote:Do Raceland fans think they could go to Lexington and beat Beechwood on a neutral field? Because that would be easier than coming to Pikeville and getting a win. Not going to predict a score in this one. If the Panthers don't lose the penalty battle 10 or 11 to zero like last year and if they don't commit turnovers they will be playing on Kroger Field the following week. Good luck Panthers!
Already making excuses for a possible loss.😭
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Already making excuses for a possible loss.😭

If Raceland keeps playing like they have been keep the buses running.
PHSFAN Wrote:Hopefully a different officiating crew this season and not the crew that did the game between these 2 teams last November because they were horrid and 1 sided...that's all I got.

They crew is always horrible when you lose.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:They crew is always horrible when you lose.

Especially when all the penalties are on one team. Bring all your money to the game RAD.
I don’t think it’s possible to play this game unless we let the mountain putty tats chose their own referee crew. Go ahead doesn’t matter to us. We will play the putty tats in a phone booth jack!
  • 1(current)
  • Next