• Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle County @ Corbin (State Semifinals)11/23
Hound05 Wrote:Sorry I am unable to fin that information- Siri voice

Actual how is Boyle going to contain Corbin qb
Not one dimension like last years
After checking Corbin’s stats on the KHSAA site I see they do have a column that’s TFL and it shows Ethan Wine has the most with 6.
Hound05 Wrote:Yea it is. You have to get on the KHSAA website. I’m pretty sure he is the state sack leader with 20.

https://khsaa.org/2018-football-class-3a-stat-leaders/

It shows him with 19 but he had 1 Friday so that puts him at 20. He’s got a pretty comfortable lead for sack leader.

So the sack stats are not kept with Corbin’s team and individual stats?
2face Wrote:Actual how is Boyle going to contain Corbin qb
Not one dimension like last years

Boyle didn’t have any problem containing Beau Allen from Catholic so I’d say they’ll be ready for Estep.
Granny Bear Wrote:Yes!!! But since they covered Corbin's game last week, I don't think they will cover them again.
Sad

When do they announce it?
Jack Lambert Wrote:Boyle didn’t have any problem containing Beau Allen from Catholic so I’d say they’ll be ready for Estep.

You know, there probably really isn't much chance for Corbin next week.
The Spread Wrote:You know, there probably really isn't much chance for Corbin next week.

Why say that because I said that Boyle would be ready for Estep? I know if Boyle doesn’t bring their A game that Corbin can win.
Jack Lambert Wrote:So the sack stats are not kept with Corbin’s team and individual stats?

Yea? It’s on that link I sent you. Shows Ethan wine with 19 (20) and shows the rest of the top 10 or 20. I’m not sure I understand the question you’re asking maybe?
Hound05 Wrote:Yea? It’s on that link I sent you. Shows Ethan wine with 19 (20) and shows the rest of the top 10 or 20. I’m not sure I understand the question you’re asking maybe?

Thanks for the link I found it, those are very impressive numbers for Mr Wine.
Jack Lambert Wrote:Why say that because I said that Boyle would be ready for Estep? I know if Boyle doesn’t bring their A game that Corbin can win.

Maybe I misinterpreted what you mean. These message boards do not account for tone, etc.

I took that as you saying since Boyle stopped Beau Allen then Chase Estep will also be stopped.

Could be an accurate assessment, but they're two different players.

Again, I apologize if I misinterpreted.
The Spread Wrote:Maybe I misinterpreted what you mean. These message boards do not account for tone, etc.

I took that as you saying since Boyle stopped Beau Allen then Chase Estep will also be stopped.

Could be an accurate assessment, but they're two different players.

Again, I apologize if I misinterpreted.

No need for an apology, and I didn’t mean it that way all I meant was that Boyle had played against QB’s of his caliber already this season and had defended them well. Not taking anything away from Estep in any way his numbers are great.
Jack Lambert Wrote:No need for an apology, and I didn’t mean it that way all I meant was that Boyle had played against QB’s of his caliber already this season and had defended them well. Not taking anything away from Estep in any way his numbers are great.

Whoa. Look I’ll be the first to defend Estep. He’s a heck of a player! Probably the best dual threat in the state. But he’s not Allen’s caliber. He runs better than Allen and has better vision while running I’d say. And a whole lot harder bring down. But Allen’s passing trumps all of that and sets him a notch above. That’s no shade towards Estep because I wouldn’t trade him for Allen. But I can’t say that Estep is a better QB than Allen. Very different though. Both play to their strengths very well.
Jack Lambert Wrote:Thanks for the link I found it, those are very impressive numbers for Mr Wine.

He’s a beast. Especially for a Jr. if you remember he was the one last year that went up in the end zone and just ripped the ball out for a TD
Hound05 Wrote:Yea? It’s on that link I sent you. Shows Ethan wine with 19 (20) and shows the rest of the top 10 or 20. I’m not sure I understand the question you’re asking maybe?

You have to go to 3A stats and yes it’s on there but it shows 19 like Hound05 said, but it don’t have that category on all teams for sack leaders
Not sure if Boyle keeps a sack stat or not, but Wilson Kelly has 23 tackles for a loss not bad for a big old D-lineman. Maybe one of Boyle’s many stat keepers can answer that question.
Boyle has elite talent all over the field. You can't key on anyone because you're giving up space to another playmaker somewhere else. They are probably the best team in KY regardless of class.

As I've said before, Corbin has to be at a minimum 10 point underdog, maybe more.

My hope is that the Hounds can keep it close until the 4th and catcha few breaks.

If both teams bring their A game, Corbin loses by 3 yds, unfortunately.
This will be my last post of the week, hounds 42-28.
Boyle fans I have got to know some of you and really appreciate the conversations we have had. You guys really have a great thing going at Boyle.
As far as everything else, according to most posters we should have actually only won against Whitley, Jackson, and MC. We have had a little better season than anyone gave us credit. This group of seniors came into the program as champions and they should go out as champions. They have laid it all out on the line for this community since they have first been able to wear a redhound jersey. They have competed at the highest levels in multiple sports for us, and this Friday I hope that we can break another attendance record against Boyle. As a parent, fan, supporter this is your last chance to see this special group of young men ever play at Campbell Field. I know we will fill it up, but this is more than a game, this is our chance to give back to these kids. They have left out in a snow and ice advisory as 6th graders to bring us back a kba basketball title, went to Lexington and brought back 7th and 8th grade state titles in football. This is a group who last season made it to state championship in football and sweet 16 in baseball. They have played through adversity, hurt, injured all for this town and the legacy they wish to leave upon us, let’s give back to them and pack the house and show our support and thanks to them. #unfinishedbusiness
Jack Lambert Wrote:Question for the Corbin fans who’s going to cover Reese Smith?

#12 or #5 is what I'm hearing.Confusedhh:
The Outsider Wrote:#12 or #5 is what I'm hearing.Confusedhh:

Hahahaha. Yes he’s right. Our #12 will be covering smith.
Go Rebels!
pjdoug Wrote:Go Rebels!

I know you don’t mean that haha.
Seky Wrote:How does Boyle travel? Corbin had disappointing crowd Friday against Bell. Might be a rebel take over at Corbin.
How does Boyle travel? I'd say something like UK or the Pittsburgh Steelers. They will come in droves as they should!!!

The crowd for Bell was down, but I think most Corbin fans expected a lopsided victory. If it doesn't rain...look for a record crowd Friday.
Hound05 Wrote:Hahahaha. Yes he’s right. Our #12 will be covering smith.

Estep plays both ways?
Oh yea here’s a BIG HEADS UP for those concerned about eating. I’d stay away from the Corbin Taco Bell and Lee’s famous recipe. There’s been word they’ve had an employee with something. It rhymes with Hep A. Oooppsss.
Hound05 Wrote:I know you don’t mean that haha.

Sure I do. lol
Hound05 Wrote:Oh yea here’s a BIG HEADS UP for those concerned about eating. I’d stay away from the Corbin Taco Bell and Lee’s famous recipe. There’s been word they’ve had an employee with something. It rhymes with Hep A. Oooppsss.

A lot of that going around everywhere.
You won't have any problem getting a seat on the visitor's side.
Hound05 Wrote:Oh yea here’s a BIG HEADS UP for those concerned about eating. I’d stay away from the Corbin Taco Bell and Lee’s famous recipe. There’s been word they’ve had an employee with something. It rhymes with Hep A. Oooppsss.

nasty idiots not washing their hand can cause it.

That's funny right there, I don't care who you are. 😂
Football games are fun and all. But I don’t want to see anyone on the John the next few weeks celebrating. But yes Doug you’re correct. It’s everywhere. I don’t normally take vaccines but I did this one. Just figured I’d give some out of Towners a heads up.
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next