Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 57 Pikeville 55 OT
Well, well how about those Lady Panthers? What's happened the last few games? Tough loss... I was hopin it wouldnt take another 13 years to win a District title.
Congrats to Valley.... and GOOD LUCK Panthers!
Didn't Pikeville win district last year?
I always thoght Pikeville was overrated.
or sv underrated?
"bessie" Wrote:Didn't Pikeville win district last year?
Yeah....but before that they hadn't won it in 13 years...I think that's what eddie was refering to.....saying that she thought the Panthers could repeat and not start losing again.
shew i hope they dont start losing again becasue i cant stand two losing basketball teams at Pikeville
lol
Thanks for clearing that up for me Beef

I think with what Valley has gone through this year with Spears and everything that they were underrated just a little. They have really came together and they play like a team now.
SV picked a good time to get it together after going through so much this season. I don't necessarily think SV was underated througout the season, however, now I think they deserve much more credit after pulling off wins agains Belfry and Pikeville and maybe some others that I'm not aware of.
Valley is a good team they just needed a good coach and now they have one.
Not knocking Napier , he's a fine young man , but I can't believe that some people would suggest that Spears wasn't a good coach :
But as we all know (but probably will not admit) it is all about
"PERSONAL AGENDAS"
TT the players have to like the Coach haha something Napier lacked. The girls hated him and are better off now.
Well Slamma , I cant find anything in Bobby Knight's handbook that says a player has to like a
coach...
"15thRegionSlamaBamma" Wrote:TT the players have to like the Coach haha something Napier lacked. The girls hated him and are better off now.

In all fairness to you Slama.........when I was walking in your shoues (15-18 yrs. old) I didn't like anyone that told me what to do either.....but I could have saved myself a lot of heartaches & sorrow , and made my life's path much easier to travel if I only would have listened.
"Tut-Tut" Wrote:
"15thRegionSlamaBamma" Wrote:TT the players have to like the Coach haha something Napier lacked. The girls hated him and are better off now.

In all fairness to you Slama.........when I was walking in your shoues (15-18 yrs. old) I didn't like anyone that told me what to do either.....but I could have saved myself a lot of heartaches & sorrow , and made my life's path much easier to travel if I only would have listened.

My friend it wasnt about not listing to him my friend it was about not having a good coach to player relationship something Valley now has with their new coach. They didnt want to play under him and it showed early on in the season. Where are these girls now in the district champ and beat one of the top contenders for region. This had nothing to do with me so idk y i was even brought into it.
Napier is a positive coach. You will never hear him downing his players. I think this is what these girls needed. Someone that believes in them. Hey, they are district champs now. Something worked huh