Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Way too early 2019 3A champions
TongueirateShoI see it as a Belfry vs CAL Or DeSales
With Belfry being the 3A Champs again.TongueirateSho
COACHITALL Wrote:TongueirateShoI see it as a Belfry vs CAL Or DeSales
With Belfry being the 3A Champs again.TongueirateSho

:Shaking::dontthink
Is Central going up to 4A or staying in 3A?
Hatz Wrote:Is Central going up to 4A or staying in 3A?

Going to 4A
Mark my vote for Belfry as long as Haywood is there.
Pretty much gutted 3A after this year.
DeSales and CAL are big additions
In my eyes not even close, Belfry runs through everybody literally. They might win 4 in a row again.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Pretty much gutted 3A after this year.

Gutted maybe by the exit of teams leaving but Belfry’s enrollment is about half of Corbin and Boyle so I say it levels the playing field once again. The addition of DeSales, CAL, and Ashland makes 3A a well rounded class.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Pretty much gutted 3A after this year.

4A is going to be a bear next year
COACHITALL Wrote:Gutted maybe by the exit of teams leaving but Belfry’s enrollment is about half of Corbin and Boyle so I say it levels the playing field once again. The addition of DeSales, CAL, and Ashland makes 3A a well rounded class.

Agreed. All this talk about Belfry running off multiple state championships in a row is ridiculous at this point. Belfry’s enrollment is dropping like a rock ..... I do think next year Belfry will be the favorite....but Cal and DeSales will have something to say about it no doubt.
I don’t see a 2-3 year run at all. Belfry will be loaded again next year but the following year will be a slight dip in talent. Years 21 & 22 will be a work in progress. As long as Haywood and staff are there, Belfry will be in the mix for a title every year. I do see Belfry playing in 2A next realignment though
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Agreed. All this talk about Belfry running off multiple state championships in a row is ridiculous at this point. Belfry’s enrollment is dropping like a rock ..... I do think next year Belfry will be the favorite....but Cal and DeSales will have something to say about it no doubt.

Agree

I like Belfry's chances of doing something special next season (if they can actually stay healthy), but beyond that I think Belfry's depth is going to be as thin as it has ever been the past 15 years.

Anytime you have a guy like Isaac Dixon around, Belfry will be a factor in the 3A race, but there is a definitive drop in the talent pool Belfry has been accustomed to that they will have to contend with beyond this upcoming Senior Class.

I also don't think people are giving proper credit/respect to some of the programs coming up to 3A.

CAL and DeSales were every bit as good as Belfry if not better the past two seasons. Those are two powerhouse programs that has been equal to most 6A programs in Jefferson County. I also expect Etown and Bell County to take major steps forward the next two seasons.

I really like 2019 Belfry's chances and the new alinment appears to be favorable in the East for sure, but I would be shocked to see a multi-year run of Titles.
too*
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Agree

I like Belfry's chances of doing something special next season (if they can actually stay healthy), but beyond that I think Belfry's depth is going to be as thin as it has ever been the past 15 years.

Anytime you have a guy like Isaac Dixon around, Belfry will be a factor in the 3A race, but there is a definitive drop in the talent pool Belfry has been accustomed to that they will have to contend with beyond this upcoming Senior Class.

I also don't think people are giving proper credit/respect to some of the programs coming up to 3A.

CAL and DeSales were every bit as good as Belfry if not better the past two seasons. Those are two powerhouse programs that has been equal to most 6A programs in Jefferson County. I also expect Etown and Bell County to take major steps forward the next two seasons.

I really like 2019 Belfry's chances and the new alinment appears to be favorable in the East for sure, but I would be shocked to see a multi-year run of Titles.

Spot on.
blackandgold4life Wrote:In my eyes not even close, Belfry runs through everybody literally. They might win 4 in a row again.

mights are on a chicken's hind end.
COACHITALL Wrote:Gutted maybe by the exit of teams leaving but Belfry’s enrollment is about half of Corbin and Boyle so I say it levels the playing field once again. The addition of DeSales, CAL, and Ashland makes 3A a well rounded class.

add all the out of state players and numbers will level out. stop trying to act like they are at a disadvantage :biglmao:
pjdoug Wrote:add all the out of state players and numbers will level out. stop trying to act like they are at a disadvantage :biglmao:

I think I liked PJDoug better when he missing from BGR for that couple of weeks break
2019-Belfry
2020-Cal/Desales
2021-Cal/Desales
2022-Belfry

Belfry appears in 3 title games. Only year they won’t is when cross bracketing has us play CAL/Desales prior to state.
I also strongly believe we will be 2a in next realignment.
COACHITALL Wrote:I think I liked PJDoug better when he missing from BGR for that couple of weeks break

I'm so hurt. I still like you Confusednicker:
1A will be the best from the east in 2019
2A Mayfield Beechwood showdown will decide the championship year on and out
3A Belfry and Cal that we be the champions year in and out
4A and 5A will be loaded be some great playoff game
6A stay in Louisville forever
Don't forget about bell co in 3 A Dudley will have them ready
Jacketfan606 Wrote:Don't forget about bell co in 3 A Dudley will have them ready

if he stays there.
Jacketfan606 Wrote:Don't forget about bell co in 3 A Dudley will have them ready

BELFRY —— CAL

Bell County.
pjdoug Wrote:add all the out of state players and numbers will level out. stop trying to act like they are at a disadvantage :biglmao:

We’re gonna try and get some Tennessee players as well. Dudley said he would share his contacts 😂😂
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:We’re gonna try and get some Tennessee players as well. Dudley said he would share his contacts 😂😂

No wonder my school doesn't compete for championships. lol
pjdoug Wrote:No wonder my school doesn't compete for championships. lol

Well.....that’s not the only reason 😂😂😂
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Well.....that’s not the only reason 😂😂😂

I can't disagree with that Smile
Honestly, with almost everyone coming back for CAL, I don't see them losing at all next year. Plus, you know they'll have a few more transfer studs that'll come in to the fray. If anything, there may be a 3 or 4 year CAL run. No disrespect to any other 3A team intended, just feel like CAL will keep getting better and better and that's a scary thought. Lefors has this program on a huge rise, not to mention the resources to become the small school Trinity..