Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky Baseball
It looks like KY is on its going to take game 1 of the 3 game series against Ole Miss. Cats lead 7-1 in top 9th. After the upset losses to Morehead and Evansville the Cats must win the series to keep alive any hopes of making NCAA tourney
Tubby Hater Wrote:It looks like KY is on its going to take game 1 of the 3 game series against Ole Miss. Cats lead 7-1 in top 9th. After the upset losses to Morehead and Evansville the Cats must win the series to keep alive any hopes of making NCAA tourney

Or making the SEC tournament for that matter.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Kentucky won the series 2 games to 1 today with a wild win over Ole Miss. I'm pretty sure they are tied for 8th in the SEC now with the worst team in the SEC (Auburn) coming in next weekend.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Go Cats.
alfus21 Wrote:Kentucky won the series 2 games to 1 today with a wild win over Ole Miss. I'm pretty sure they are tied for 8th in the SEC now with the worst team in the SEC (Auburn) coming in next weekend.

They are tied for 8th w/ LSU right now, but own the tiebreaker based on their series win earlier in the year. They are also only a half-game behind Alabama for 7th place, which would likely allow them to avoid seeing Vandy in the first round.

If they don't make it into the SEC tourney, with the worst team in the league coming into Lexington this weekend, they have no one to blame but themselves.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
They are 4th in the East 1/2 game ahead of Ten. All we need to do is take care of business against Auburn and we are in the SEC Tourney. It doesnt matter what your overall conference standing is, we just have to finish in the top 4 in the East.
Big Big Series! That's for sure./.GO CATS!
Tubby Hater Wrote:They are 4th in the East 1/2 game ahead of Ten. All we need to do is take care of business against Auburn and we are in the SEC Tourney. It doesnt matter what your overall conference standing is, we just have to finish in the top 4 in the East.

No, in baseball they go by the overall conference standings, and the top 8 go no matter what division they're from. The top 2 seeds are the division winners, and then it goes strictly by conference winning percentage down through the 8 seed. So not only do we have to stay ahead of Tenn, we also need to stay at least tied w/ LSU.

Go to the official SEC website and you will see the complete tournament schedule as well as seeding procedures. Note that they have to clarify why UK is 8th ahead of LSU, even though they have the same conf. record (it's because UK is 2-0-1 against the Tigers).

Still, like you said, sweep Auburn and it doesn't matter.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:No, in baseball they go by the overall conference standings, and the top 8 go no matter what division they're from. The top 2 seeds are the division winners, and then it goes strictly by conference winning percentage down through the 8 seed. So not only do we have to stay ahead of Tenn, we also need to stay at least tied w/ LSU.

Go to the official SEC website and you will see the complete tournament schedule as well as seeding procedures. Note that they have to clarify why UK is 8th ahead of LSU, even though they have the same conf. record (it's because UK is 2-0-1 against the Tigers).

Still, like you said, sweep Auburn and it doesn't matter.
Someone needs to tell this to the Herald Leader because in an article Monday they printed that UK just has to finish 4th in the east to make the tourney, but oh well whats new. The Herald Leader has been known to be wrong before
UK got destroyed by Auburn tonight 18-7. It's the worse I've ever seen them play. They better win the next two.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
What wrong with this team? They can beat the best one night and lose to the worst the next. They'll be real lucky to get into the SEC Tournament.
Well I know last night, UK looked like they didn't even want to be on the field! It was ridiculous considering what they have on the line! Like Alfus mentioned, better win the next 2!
How in the world do you give up 18 runs in a game when you are on the verge of clinching a tournament berth? Very disappointing.

Tennessee won, so they moved a half-game ahead of us into 8th place, but LSU lost so we are still ahead of them by tiebreakers.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:How in the world do you give up 18 runs in a game when you are on the verge of clinching a tournament berth? Very disappointing.

Tennessee won, so they moved a half-game ahead of us into 8th place, but LSU lost so we are still ahead of them by tiebreakers.

You give up 18 runs by giving up over 20 hits and making 4 errors along with MANY other mental mistakes.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This has to be one of the more disappointing UK baseball teams in recent memory. They've been so inconsistent all year, then get to the final weekend and still only have to win 2 of 3 from the worst team in the league in order to get into the SEC tourney. So what do they do? Go out and give up 38 runs total in three games; it's amazing they even won one of them!

Guess it's wait till next year...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
well i know they arent in the SEC tourney, does that mean no chance of making the NCAA?
MVP2 Wrote:well i know they arent in the SEC tourney, does that mean no chance of making the NCAA?

That would be correct.
I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why, I succeed." -Michael Jordan

"The ceiling is the roof." -Michael Jordan

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

dang this hurts i thought the bat cats were omaha bound at the first of season SEC proves how tuff it is.
I try to never get too excited about any UK sports except men's basketball. These other sports almost always do this: one good year followed by flameout the next, see Baseball & Women's Basketball this past year. That is why I still expect 5-7 from the football team this year.
Club Hockey was good for a few years in a row back at the same time Twin Peaks was on TV.