•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2019 4A Preseason Rankings
Humility? Yes indeed. I felt we were invincible. Injuries proved we are not.

😜
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Maybe a Boyle County fan should have set the guy straight. Surely, this season was a lesson in humility for some of you. :Thumbs:

Finally one thing we may agree on, I never went public and said for sure Boyle was going to win 3A this year but in my mind I was sure it was there’s to lose and they done as much as Corbin did for them to lose the semifinal game with poor execution. I guess you could say that I got a dose of humility this year.
Jack Lambert Wrote:Finally one thing we may agree on, I never went public and said for sure Boyle was going to win 3A this year but in my mind I was sure it was there’s to lose and they done as much as Corbin did for them to lose the semifinal game with poor execution. I guess you could say that I got a dose of humility this year.
:Thumbs: We are in the same boat. I was pretty sure that the return of Joe Jackson would result in a JC title this season. I have concluded that Franklin-Simpson is as well coached as any team in the state. Two straight state titles after losing to JC 48-0 in their first match-up has made me a believer. I won't be making any assumptions about opponents who have no common opponents in the future.
I went public and said Boyle Co would win it all in 3A this past season. I also believe we would have if we had been healthy.

That being said....Corbin outplayed and outcoached Boyle in the semis. Nothing else matters.
Hoot.... I am not From Boyle. I do have an opinion tho. And I do have respect for their program. Here is why I think so...
1. Superior Athleticism
2. Coaching
3. Multiple D1 kids on the roster
4. Balanced attack
5. Tradition
When you intertwine these things with a bunch of seniors that will make them #1. One demensional Teams will NOT fare well against them. Call me crazy all you want, but I know a little about the game. I wouldn’t bet they win a championship, beat my team, there are many many things that have to work out. But they are the favorites in my opinion.
Franklin-Simpson is number one to start the season.
Hoot Gibson Wrote::Thumbs: We are in the same boat. I was pretty sure that the return of Joe Jackson would result in a JC title this season. I have concluded that Franklin-Simpson is as well coached as any team in the state. Two straight state titles after losing to JC 48-0 in their first match-up has made me a believer. I won't be making any assumptions about opponents who have no common opponents in the future.

Whitley County administration if you are reading this be sure to go after the Franklin-Simpson coach Confusednicker:
pjdoug Wrote:Franklin-Simpson is number one to start the season.

Not if they lost 20+ seniors. No way.
FoSho Wrote:Not if they lost 20+ seniors. No way.

Yes way Smile
FoSho Wrote:I went public and said Boyle Co would win it all in 3A this past season. I also believe we would have if we had been healthy.

That being said....Corbin outplayed and outcoached Boyle in the semis. Nothing else matters.

Thank You well said and I’ll apologize for my last comments to you, was kind of an emotional time for me but I’ll agree a healthy Boyle Co would have been a different game but then again half our secondary was hurt or out in the title game last year and the kid trying to keep up with Smith had been in critical condition the week prior. Would it have made a difference maybe not Boyle’s line was impressive and dominant. Gonna be some exciting football in 4A the next few years but if Boyle don’t win it the coming year I’d be stunned.
pjdoug Wrote:Franklin-Simpson is number one to start the season.

I doubt it Doug it will be voted on, and they want be #1 just because they are the defending champions, this season won’t have anything to do with next seasons outlook, Franklin Simpson is losing a ton of talent and IMO will be in a rebuilding mode.
Jack Lambert Wrote:I doubt it Doug it will be voted on, and they want be #1 just because they are the defending champions this year won’t have anything to do with next seasons outlook, Franklin Simpson is losing a ton of talent and IMO will be in a rebuilding season.

Ok. They'll be the 4 A State Champions to open the season for the second consecutive season which makes them number one :biggrin:
pjdoug Wrote:Ok. They'll be the 4 A State Champions to open the season for the second consecutive season which makes them number one :biggrin:

Ranking ANY TEAM based upon last years results is the epitome of stupidity.

No offense tho.

😉
FoSho Wrote:Ranking ANY TEAM based upon last years results is the epitome of stupidity.

No offense tho.

😉

You ought to re-think that post 😂😂😂.
Oh boy, page 31 of the 3a preseason there are several here posting some contradictions. With that said I stay true to my way, right now the 4a favorite is the defending champs until they get dethroned. All Boyle and belfry fans know that has always been my thought, and the way I have always said it. King until dethroned, everyone else is fighting for second place or there shot to take the crown.
I don't know what's more pathetic, what you found or that you found it.
FoSho Wrote:I don't know what's more pathetic, what you found or that you found it.

Wasn’t hard to find when you know what your looking for.
pjdoug Wrote:Ok. They'll be the 4 A State Champions to open the season for the second consecutive season which makes them number one :biggrin:

Ok Doug I respect your opinion we’ll what the preseason polls are.
FoSho Wrote:Boyle Co lost three starters to season ending injuries (5 starting positions), had their best player limited to one hand, their best RB hobbled by a knee injury (and didn't play RB the last month) and their QB was ill and on an IV the two days leading up the game vs Corbin including halftime of the game.

Now I'm not making excuses on the loss but let's get a reality check about where we stand.

Boyle Co was deserving of their #1 ranking in 3A and if healthy could have had a different outcome to the season. But to dismiss them next season as underachievers or "not as good as we thought" is ridiculous.

JC didn't win the title either and they lost some of their KEY PIECES to graduation. FS lost A TON as well, as did Corbin and Central. Boyle did not.

To say the Rebels aren't the favorite is wishful thinking IMO.

When you say the best RB was hurt and out for the last month are you talking about Bartleson? You guys may be able to clear the air on this but was he hurt or the coaching staff just not playing him at running back? The reason I ask is because his family was bashing the coaching staff on social media after the Corbin game claiming Jealousy and Politics for the reason he wasn't getting to run the ball. I assumed he was hurt at the end of the season but it seems like his family would know and wouldn't bash the coaches for not playing him if they knew he was hurt
UK1 Wrote:When you say the best RB was hurt and out for the last month are you talking about Bartleson? You guys may be able to clear the air on this but was he hurt or the coaching staff just not playing him at running back? The reason I ask is because his family was bashing the coaching staff on social media after the Corbin game claiming Jealousy and Politics for the reason he wasn't getting to run the ball. I assumed he was hurt at the end of the season but it seems like his family would know and wouldn't bash the coaches for not playing him if they knew he was hurt

I would also like to hear answers to this as I have been told the same thing around danville.
From what I know Landon was injured during the Western Hills game and had to sit out for a game or two, then slowly worked his way back into the lineup on defense. I'm not sure why his reps were limited on offense other than not being totally 100% and defense was maybe a bigger priority?!?! Make no mistake, from what I heard, Landon was not 100% from game 9-14. I'd put him somewhere around 80% at best.

I know nothing about any riff between the staff and the Bartlesons? Although there was some bickering going back and forth between some parents that I'm hoping is behind us now.
In addition to the injuries and illness Boyle had to fight thru, I thought the play calling in the Corbin game was terrible to say the least. I know talent has usually bailed Pardue out, but in this game he did't even give the talent a chance. Hopefully he will retire, which has been rumored. If not then Chuck should finally take a stand and make the change. We can't a chance for him to screw this 2019 season up also.
FoSho Wrote:Ranking ANY TEAM based upon last years results is the epitome of stupidity.

No offense tho.

😉

Whether you want to admit it or not....this happens ALL THE TIME in virtually every sport. Rankings based on prior year is common place Hence Duke and UK Basketball being rated 1 or 2 most years with completely new rosters of freshman. Belfry lost 20 seniors and 6 D1 kids after the 2016 season.... but was still ranked #1 in preseason polls in 2017. Should they have been? No. But....they were. Respect and prior results do play a large factor in PRE-SEASON Polls....which, by the way, is the title of this entire thread. Just sayin’. 😊
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Whether you want to admit it or not....this happens ALL THE TIME in virtually every sport. Rankings based on prior year is common place Hence Duke and UK Basketball being rated 1 or 2 most years with completely new rosters of freshman. Belfry lost 20 seniors and 6 D1 kids after the 2016 season.... but was still ranked #1 in preseason polls in 2017. Should they have been? No. But....they were. Respect and prior results do play a large factor in PRE-SEASON Polls....which, by the way, is the title of this entire thread. Just sayin’. 😊

I could say UK and Duke are always ranked high is because of talent and the expectations of their superior athletes not because of the name of the program.
FoSho Wrote:I could say UK and Duke are always ranked high is because of talent and the expectations of their superior athletes not because of the name of the program.

That’s a fair statement.....but we both know....Duke and UK”’s reputation and prior results drive much of the presaeason hype.

All I’m saying is Ihat past accomplishments help form future opinion. Whether that’s right or wrong isn’t the issue. Happens all the time

No offense tho.

😉

With some of your comments lately you don't need to be talking about the epitome of stupid.
pjdoug Wrote:With some of your comments lately you don't need to be talking about the epitome of stupid.

Wow. Not really sure where this comes from but, oh well.
blackandgold4life Wrote:I would also like to hear answers to this as I have been told the same thing around danville.

I’m pretty sure Landon was no where near a 100% after the Western hills game and that’s why he wasn’t carrying the ball, there were other things going on that may have disrupted the team, but I want post it.
Jack Lambert Wrote:I’m pretty sure Landon was no where near a 100% after the Western hills game and that’s why he wasn’t carrying the ball, there were other things going on that may have disrupted the team, but I want post it.

I was told by somebody that attended the Thanksgiving Day practice that he looked like a beast and looked and acted like he was 100%. All I have to go by is somebody else’s word.
[
Jack Lambert Wrote:I’m pretty sure Landon was no where near a 100% after the Western hills game and that’s why he wasn’t carrying the ball, there were other things going on that may have disrupted the team, but I want post it.

That makes sense what your are saying. I guess what I still don't understand is why a family member would publicly bash the coaches on social media if they knew he was hurt. The way it looks is that they didn't feel he was hurt and that the coaches chose to not play him on offense. I don't know that any kids in the 2020 class have more offers than him and the big names that he has. Something just doesn't add up with all of this.
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next