• 1(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2019 Class A Favorites From The East
Thoughts?
Usual suspects and Williamsburg has to be near top. Had a great run, returning so much, and about to add 5 or 6 from Whitley will only make them better.
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:Usual suspects and Williamsburg has to be near top. Had a great run, returning so much, and about to add 5 or 6 from Whitley will only make them better.

They ain't adding no 5 or 6 from Whitley.
Pikeville

The rest
Usual suspects. Pikeville, Paintsville, Racekand, and Hazard. Williamsburg is close but not quite there.
Have to agree with E’s Army all these 5 teams have a good bunch of players coming back. To me it’s off season work ethic that puts the team on the top. As always GO PANTHERS!!!
From the East.....I think the list probably begins with Pikeville. Then Raceland, Hazard, Paintsville in no particular order. However....the gap may be widening between Pikeville and the rest of the East teams.
Way to soon for this...wait till recruiting season unfolds and then let’s see what each team has!
RAMDAD50 Wrote:Way to soon for this...wait till recruiting season unfolds and then let’s see what each team has!

Agreed. If Raceland can pick up a couple RBs off the waiver wire they could be right back in the semis!TongueirateSho
jetpilot Wrote:Agreed. If Raceland can pick up a couple RBs off the waiver wire they could be right back in the semis!TongueirateSho

We are going to have some gaps to fill in a lot of areas due to graduation. We have several capable underclassmen that can fill the roles of the seniors lost this year but I don’t expect next year to be one of our stronger teams as we will be in rebuilding mode.
Orange Blaze Wrote:We are going to have some gaps to fill in a lot of areas due to graduation. We have several capable underclassmen that can fill the roles of the seniors lost this year but I don’t expect next year to be one of our stronger teams as we will be in rebuilding mode.

I was just messing with RD lol. I expect Raceland to be right in the thick of things again in all honesty.
jetpilot Wrote:Agreed. If Raceland can pick up a couple RBs off the waiver wire they could be right back in the semis!TongueirateSho

No kidding! LOL

Seriously, We have both OL and DL back, minus 2. We have our young QB, all WR and entire DB back. We have LB's that should step up so, yes, if we can find a RB out of our younger kids we should be good to go.

I disagree with my Ram brothers. I think we will be as good or better next year. We just won't have our stud player but we will be a solid unit, sort of like 2017.
pjdoug Wrote:They ain't adding no 5 or 6 from Whitley.

Yes they are
sidelinedoc Wrote:No kidding! LOL

Seriously, We have both OL and DL back, minus 2. We have our young QB, all WR and entire DB back. We have LB's that should step up so, yes, if we can find a RB out of our younger kids we should be good to go.

I disagree with my Ram brothers. I think we will be as good or better next year. We just won't have our stud player but we will be a solid unit, sort of like 2017.

About week three or four this year I turned to one if my buddies at a football game and said we are gonna be fun to watch the next two years! I expect a lot of passing because that’s what we will be best at.Gonna be fun watching Jake for the next two years.Idk if that means we get lots of wins but it will be fun!
Will New Cath dominate west? Can Campbellsville make a run?
E's Army Wrote:Will New Cath dominate west? Can Campbellsville make a run?

NopeSmile
pjdoug Wrote:NopeSmile

Nope to both??
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:From the East.....I think the list probably begins with Pikeville. Then Raceland, Hazard, Paintsville in no particular order. However....the gap may be widening between Pikeville and the rest of the East teams.

I must have missed when Pikeville hired Bill Belichick or picked up Tom Brady! I like the QB from this year but he obviously was a Senior! Beside him which; he was the difference maker no other player on the team stood out to the point that they are running away with the east! Pikeville, Paintsville, Hazard and Williamsburg will be right there with the Panther's. In fact, if the QB from Williamsburg is back then it may be even closer between those teams this year! I like all the new confidence in the Panther's but this year’s team was the same team minus the QB that lost 5 ball games in 2017! I think they will be closer to that than what you saw this year! I’m not saying they will lose 5 games but running away with the east will be more difficult than what is being said on this site! Paintsville should be fine if they can get some sort of offensive cohesion, as I said I like the Williamsburg QB and what they had will be a year better and the Rams seem to just find a way to be in it at the end each year and Hazard is Hazard! I like that they all seem to be wanting to play one another and the schedules seem to be tougher for all the teams! They will be tested and ready for the playoffs and it should be an exciting 2019 season in the east. I do think the east win the Championship in 2019!
^^^I think you are going to be in for a shock. Pikeville will be loaded again and I mean loaded...
jetpilot Wrote:^^^I think you are going to be in for a shock. Pikeville will be loaded again and I mean loaded...

I mean did they have some guys on the bench that didn't play or we didn't see or was the 8th grade just that good! I mean I can pull up the roster and have watched film on them multiple times! As I said I am just wondering what you see that I don't! I have coached the game a very long time and played at every level but the NFL and I must have missed all this world-beater talent you guys keep referring to! I thought the Pikeville coaches coached up the talent this year and they got out with the QB which is a great player but beside him I am not understanding to complete disrespect to the other teams in the east that seem to beat the Panther's all the time! They beat each other up and now after a good year all the sudden Pikeville will run the east and everyone else shouldn't even suit up lol!! That is comedy!
SugeAvery Wrote:I mean did they have some guys on the bench that didn't play or we didn't see or was the 8th grade just that good! I mean I can pull up the roster and have watched film on them multiple times! As I said I am just wondering what you see that I don't! I have coached the game a very long time and played at every level but the NFL and I must have missed all this world-beater talent you guys keep referring to! I thought the Pikeville coaches coached up the talent this year and they got out with the QB which is a great player but beside him I am not understanding to complete disrespect to the other teams in the east that seem to beat the Panther's all the time! They beat each other up and now after a good year all the sudden Pikeville will run the east and everyone else shouldn't even suit up lol!! That is comedy!

You are saying stuff nobody from Pikeville is saying but glad you are laughing. Pikeville is going to be loaded and that's a fact. I don't care where you played or coached I know what they are going to have. If you can't see it nothing I can do. Good thing is we will all see when the time comes.TongueirateSho
SugeAvery Wrote:I mean did they have some guys on the bench that didn't play or we didn't see or was the 8th grade just that good! I mean I can pull up the roster and have watched film on them multiple times! As I said I am just wondering what you see that I don't! I have coached the game a very long time and played at every level but the NFL and I must have missed all this world-beater talent you guys keep referring to! I thought the Pikeville coaches coached up the talent this year and they got out with the QB which is a great player but beside him I am not understanding to complete disrespect to the other teams in the east that seem to beat the Panther's all the time! They beat each other up and now after a good year all the sudden Pikeville will run the east and everyone else shouldn't even suit up lol!! That is comedy!

I don’t know who you coached and it’s none of my business but I do believe that Pikeville has a lot of talent coming back. Yes they lost a lot but so did most of the teams. Now I am not saying anyone is going to run away with anything and neither did Jet. Also believe you haven’t watched much of Pikeville football this year. I do believe Pikeville chances are as good as Winning it as the other teams but that’s got to be proven. Just because you played football does not make you a football scout on talent. I played, too but don’t claim to be a scout for talent. You must be a real hater of Pikeville and I never say anything disrespectful to any team. As far as you coaching I also have my doubts about that but may be true but I am sure if you talk to any of the posters on here (regularly not fly by night ones like you) they will agree there are a lot of teams in the east that can win it. Going to be another great year in the east but as always GO PANTHERS!!!
Patriot1 Wrote:I don’t know who you coached and it’s none of my business but I do believe that Pikeville has a lot of talent coming back. Yes they lost a lot but so did most of the teams. Now I am not saying anyone is going to run away with anything and neither did Jet. Also believe you haven’t watched much of Pikeville football this year. I do believe Pikeville chances are as good as Winning it as the other teams but that’s got to be proven. Just because you played football does not make you a football scout on talent. I played, too but don’t claim to be a scout for talent. You must be a real hater of Pikeville and I never say anything disrespectful to any team. As far as you coaching I also have my doubts about that but may be true but I am sure if you talk to any of the posters on here (regularly not fly by night ones like you) they will agree there are a lot of teams in the east that can win it. Going to be another great year in the east but as always GO PANTHERS!!!

I think we are saying the same thing! I said that the teams in the east seem to be about equal with one another! Considering I coached against the team and a few of the schools that they played I have watched lots of film on Pikeville. I made the points because it seems to be a consensus that Pikeville will run away with the east from what I have been reading and I just don't see that based on what all the normal power teams have coming back as well! Like I said the QB made a lot of plays this year for the Panther's and he will be missed! I think it will be a great year and do think whoever makes it out the east will win it all with no Beechwood this year! I just think we need to pump the breaks on dynasty for the Panther’s after a good year! 2017 was not that kind to you guys with 5 loses. I like the turnaround but slow down on the dynasty talk!
SugeAvery Wrote:I think we are saying the same thing! I said that the teams in the east seem to be about equal with one another! Considering I coached against the team and a few of the schools that they played I have watched lots of film on Pikeville. I made the points because it seems to be a consensus that Pikeville will run away with the east from what I have been reading and I just don't see that based on what all the normal power teams have coming back as well! Like I said the QB made a lot of plays this year for the Panther's and he will be missed! I think it will be a great year and do think whoever makes it out the east will win it all with no Beechwood this year! I just think we need to pump the breaks on dynasty for the Panther’s after a good year! 2017 was not that kind to you guys with 5 loses. I like the turnaround but slow down on the dynasty talk!

Pikeville just rolled through the east and a few days later everybody's equal?
Good luck with that analysis.
1st hint for you: Pikeville QB the next 3 years is already a stud.
There are several more hints I could give you, but you are going to have to wait.TongueirateSho
Patriot1 Wrote:I don’t know who you coached and it’s none of my business but I do believe that Pikeville has a lot of talent coming back. Yes they lost a lot but so did most of the teams. Now I am not saying anyone is going to run away with anything and neither did Jet. Also believe you haven’t watched much of Pikeville football this year. I do believe Pikeville chances are as good as Winning it as the other teams but that’s got to be proven. Just because you played football does not make you a football scout on talent. I played, too but don’t claim to be a scout for talent. You must be a real hater of Pikeville and I never say anything disrespectful to any team. As far as you coaching I also have my doubts about that but may be true but I am sure if you talk to any of the posters on here (regularly not fly by night ones like you) they will agree there are a lot of teams in the east that can win it. Going to be another great year in the east but as always GO PANTHERS!!!

Not a Pikeville hater at all! In fact, I said those coaches got the most from this year’s team and complimented them on this season! I was just stating the fact that this year will be no different for the past 5. It will be a tossup again! I do think it will whoever come out the east will win the chip.
jetpilot Wrote:Pikeville just rolled through the east and a few days later everybody's equal?
Good luck with that analysis.
1st hint for you: Pikeville QB the next 3 years is already a stud.
There are several more hints I could give you, but you are going to have to wait.TongueirateSho

Well, its sounds good! I guess we will just have to see!
SugeAvery Wrote:I think we are saying the same thing! I said that the teams in the east seem to be about equal with one another! Considering I coached against the team and a few of the schools that they played I have watched lots of film on Pikeville. I made the points because it seems to be a consensus that Pikeville will run away with the east from what I have been reading and I just don't see that based on what all the normal power teams have coming back as well! Like I said the QB made a lot of plays this year for the Panther's and he will be missed! I think it will be a great year and do think whoever makes it out the east will win it all with no Beechwood this year! I just think we need to pump the breaks on dynasty for the Panther’s after a good year! 2017 was not that kind to you guys with 5 loses. I like the turnaround but slow down on the dynasty talk!

Well you must not have watched the Beechwood game either because in my opinion that was two evenly matched teams and the score is the proof now that is a fact not my opinion. Yes I agree with a lot of points you made but do disagree that Pikeville don’t have other talented players and if you watched the films you said you did you would know it. Yes they lost a lot of talent but if you know so much about football you will see that most of the teams in the east lost a lot. Like you said the east will be another tough year. I think people better not over look Newport because they will be a very good team in the West along with a few others.

Not a turnaround. Just a young team getting better. Won 7 in a row down the stretch. Won region. Lost semis by 3 on last play of the game.

2015 - STATE CHAMPS
2016 - Won 7 in a row down the stretch. Lost in regional finals.
2017 - Won 7 in a row down the stretch. Region champions. Lost in semis on the road on FG on last play of the game.
2018 - Won 8 in a row down the stretch. Region champions. Rolled through the east. Lost by 1 to Beechwood 3-peat team in an even a game as you will ever see.

Most of defense coming back and playmakers all over the field on offense again. Middle school won region title by 30+ over Belfry. Lost to eventual champs by a TD. Beat Boyle Co. who won large class. Lost in OT to Johnson Co. who won middle class and dominated most of the game. Played in state finals previous 2 years. Varsity had 57 on roster this year. Coaching staff second to none.

So yes Pikeville is set to be very very good for the next several years.
Not making any predictions but you will have to play state championship caliber football to knock Pikeville out of the playoffs next year. And I mean Beechwood type championship football.

Just my armchair QB 2 cents worth.:Cheerlead
Damn Jett...calm down a bit buddy hahaha.You know how Paintsville recruits...let’s give them time to get their kids in.Im im pretty sure you guys will raid PCC and take what you want! Let the recruiters do their magic!!
RAMDAD50 Wrote:Damn Jett...calm down a bit buddy hahaha.You know how Paintsville recruits...let’s give them time to get their kids in.Im im pretty sure you guys will raid PCC and take what you want! Let the recruiters do their magic!!

I just wish we had a whole tri-state area like you guys do!TongueirateSho
  • 1(current)
  • Next