Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley at Pikeville (Scrimmage)
Who all was there?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
For 1 I was there, now their where some good points and some bad ones also. Now this is my opinion the first set of 10 plays Shelby Valley run it down Pikeville’s throat. Now on defense the second 10 plays for Pikeville looked a lot better. They were getting to the ball faster and making some good hits. A lot of the younger players on the second set of 10 looked a whole lot better and looked more confident in what scheme Pikeville was running. The linebackers which is one of Pikeville’s strengths looked a lot better the second 10 also and Pikeville did have 1 of their starting linebackers not playing. But they definitely have some improvements to make in which is what these scrimmages are for and I know by watching the coaches they were doing a lot of coaching on the sidelines. Now offensively the run blocking on Pikeville’s first 10 was pretty bad but the young quarterback threw some pretty balls that got Pikeville’s only score on the first 10. Now for their second 10 the line made some adjustments and did a lot better in the run blocking but to me the young quarterback did a really good job of making his reads and hitting the open receivers. In the second 10 the running game got going and in Pikeville ‘s offense that really helps what they do. All in all it is what it is a chance for the coaches to evaluate their team and work on what they need to and tone up that aspect of the game. Now it’s back to work for these Panthers next week and make some improvement before the next scrimmage with Pulaski County. I also think the offensive and defensive line play got better during the game now that maybe due to first line contact with someone besides your own teammates who knows but we will see come next week but as always GO PANTHERS!!!
Patriot1 Wrote:For 1 I was there, now their where some good points and some bad ones also. Now this is my opinion the first set of 10 plays Shelby Valley run it down Pikeville’s throat. Now on defense the second 10 plays for Pikeville looked a lot better. They were getting to the ball faster and making some good hits. A lot of the younger players on the second set of 10 looked a whole lot better and looked more confident in what scheme Pikeville was running. The linebackers which is one of Pikeville’s strengths looked a lot better the second 10 also and Pikeville did have 1 of their starting linebackers not playing. But they definitely have some improvements to make in which is what these scrimmages are for and I know by watching the coaches they were doing a lot of coaching on the sidelines. Now offensively the run blocking on Pikeville’s first 10 was pretty bad but the young quarterback threw some pretty balls that got Pikeville’s only score on the first 10. Now for their second 10 the line made some adjustments and did a lot better in the run blocking but to me the young quarterback did a really good job of making his reads and hitting the open receivers. In the second 10 the running game got going and in Pikeville ‘s offense that really helps what they do. All in all it is what it is a chance for the coaches to evaluate their team and work on what they need to and tone up that aspect of the game. Now it’s back to work for these Panthers next week and make some improvement before the next scrimmage with Pulaski County. I also think the offensive and defensive line play got better during the game now that maybe due to first line contact with someone besides your own teammates who knows but we will see come next week but as always GO PANTHERS!!!

When do you guys scrimmage Pulaski Co. Ol Buddy and where's it at?
One rule about scrimmages: You’re never as good as you look and you’re never as bad as you look. The truth is always in the middle somewhere. My Panthers have some things to work on, which is what the purpose of a scrimmage is. Shelby Valley should walk away with their district if they stay healthy.
How’d Shelby Valley look?
KYHSFB Wrote:How’d Shelby Valley look?

They have a really big line that blocks well. The first set of 10 plays Pikeville had no answer for their run game. But Pikeville made adjustments big boys got winded in my opinion and then it started being maybe a 5 yard run here and there. But they definitely have the potential to do good things and the quarterback and running backs run very hard and hit holes full speed.

Defensively though, their pass defense wasn’t great. Pikeville just picked them apart with screen passes the whole scrimmage. Then they’d hit a deep ball after they caught you falling asleep. And Pikeville was without Hensley as well. The run defense though wasn’t bad, and the big boys they got up front really caused some trouble for Pikeville’s oline in some parts of the scrimmage.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
#55PirateFan Wrote:When do you guys scrimmage Pulaski Co. Ol Buddy and where's it at?

Next Friday and it’s at Pikeville but you guys have a scrimmage that day,too. But if you can make it let me know
Spud6 Wrote:They have a really big line that blocks well. The first set of 10 plays Pikeville had no answer for their run game. But Pikeville made adjustments big boys got winded in my opinion and then it started being maybe a 5 yard run here and there. But they definitely have the potential to do good things and the quarterback and running backs run very hard and hit holes full speed.

Defensively though, their pass defense wasn’t great. Pikeville just picked them apart with screen passes the whole scrimmage. Then they’d hit a deep ball after they caught you falling asleep. And Pikeville was without Hensley as well. The run defense though wasn’t bad, and the big boys they got up front really caused some trouble for Pikeville’s oline in some parts of the scrimmage.
Have to agree with Spud6, I also think the quarterback got nick up alittle because he was limping on and off the field and if I am not mistaking he didn’t run the ball at all the second 10 or during the quarters play. He definitely is a very good athlete.
Young McNamee at QB has so much talent and potential. Just hope he stays healthy because he's one of those type players that will be fun to watch.
What kind of offense does Valley run?
PHS DYNASTY Wrote:Young McNamee at QB has so much talent and potential. Just hope he stays healthy because he's one of those type players that will be fun to watch.

I really liked how Pikeville called plays for him. Screen passes all day long and then let him sling that thing deep. Kids got all the talent in the world with all the mechanics
#BBFL
I think both teams are going to have a really good year but Pikeville has a lot of work to do if they are going to get back to Kroger field. SV’s line really surprised me also.

McNamee is special and a kind of talent at QB that you don’t see very often around here in my opinion. I think he will have all the tools to play D-1 or D-2 football easily.
U still picking your panthers to dirt roll everyone now Jet?
Nope.....They will be lucky to beat Jenkins
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:One rule about scrimmages: You’re never as good as you look and you’re never as bad as you look. The truth is always in the middle somewhere. My Panthers have some things to work on, which is what the purpose of a scrimmage is. Shelby Valley should walk away with their district if they stay healthy.

In 2017 my Rebels scrimmaged Madison Central at home and lost 21-0. They finished .500 and we won the state title.

Great coaching staffs don't care about the score and will use the scrimmages to learn. Pikeville will do just that.....learn.
Pineville will be fine. Coach Mac can get the most from his kids and he has plenty to do it with. Great work for both groups
Patriot1 Wrote:Next Friday and it’s at Pikeville but you guys have a scrimmage that day,too. But if you can make it let me know

I was hoping it was on a day other than Friday. I'd love to see them play but as you know I'll be in Richlands. Good luck to you guys though, I'll see you down the road sometime my friend.
That was a great schedule introduction and he did a great job, JetPilot.