Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powell County O and D-line
How will powell county be looking next season on the line? with koontz, howell, ledford and elam on the o-line, elam koontz and ledford also working on the d-line, these kids are pretty big when they want to be. how do you think they will do?
They have to start coming to weightlifting first. Ledford has been there everyday but Ritchee shows up everynow and then, Koontz hasnt been there once, Harlem has seen the weightroom only a few times this year. I could almost bet that Quenton Vancleve and Dylan Sexton will find themself starting on one of the lines this year. They have been there everyday with Ledford and you can tell the difference.
I dont know if you right Bigbill2 because Harlan is a big kid but if he dont work out then he could have his spot taking
the line... not so much. they need a lot of work and need to hit weights HARD
the offensive line and defensive line should be good. howell has really gotten big and so has ledford. with the offseason practice then they will be awesome. don't forget blackford will be back.
Ritchie has been in the weight-room. he had some stuff to do before he could come full time, He is in the weight-room
I have heard of Ledford, Elam and Howell, but not of VanCleve or Nolan...Are they Frosh or Sophs? And Koontz, is he upperclassman, the name sounds familiar? Good group of kids?
have you heard wku is looking at elam,howell and ledford. howell and elam also have other colleges looking their way. keep your eyes on this line. this season should be good
How many of these guys started last year? Powell went 1-9 didn't they? Or was it 2-8?
poker_pro22 Wrote:How many of these guys started last year? Powell went 1-9 didn't they? Or was it 2-8?
HOWELL, ELAM AND LEDFORD ALL STARTED. I DONOT KNOW THEIR RECORD. LAST YEAR WAS A REBUILDING YEAR FOR THE LINES. THEY HAD MORE THAN 15 NEW FIRST TIME PLAYERS ON THEIR TEAM. THERE ARE SOME GOOD UNDERCLASSMAN SUCH AS BREWER THAT WILL REALLY COME ALONG THIS YEAR.
Koontz????? I haven't seen a Koontz out there at all.
Elam is going to have to come a long way before he'll get much playin' time at all this season. He's going to have to lose some weight and get in shape or he won't start .
The Ledford kid is 100% improved. The best lineman they have is a shorter dark haired kid probably about 190lbs or so. I think he was on the track team.
Now I can realistically see Ledford at a Cumberland or Union.
I got to swing by for a few minutes tonight .Powell was 7 on 7 against Paris again.
Some of the Powell players told me they won again. I got to see a few plays but didn't get the score. I saw Powell's line coach had Powell and Paris Linemen over on the other field pushing tires up and down the field racing. Now that's old school but it was really working them. Never saw that before.
howell went one on one with paris's best lineman and he left him behind. rumor has it he also was in the drills and done really well. between ledford and howell that d line will be awesome
Howell looks good. He's 6'3 220.
RIP_28 Wrote:Howell looks good. He's 6'3 220.

Howell does look good, but he's 6'0 and 240...
this years line will be good....but they will not be better than about 3 years ago when they had jordan baker, shannon rose, ryan brown, startin. they were the best lineman in the state.
stroked Wrote:How will powell county be looking next season on the line? with koontz, howell, ledford and elam on the o-line, elam koontz and ledford also working on the d-line, these kids are pretty big when they want to be. how do you think they will do?
How can you only be big when you want to? I stay big all the time no matter what.
Harlan Elam is legit this season. He will be playing nose guard. He is a legit 6'3 330 and legitamately benches 350. He will be the biggest, strongest player on the field 99% of the time no matter who Powell plays. You can not block him 1 on 1 and he will 100% of the time force a double team. He's really looking forward to the Estill game.
RIP_28 Wrote:Harlan Elam is legit this season. He will be playing nose guard. He is a legit 6'3 330 and legitamately benches 350. He will be the biggest, strongest player on the field 99% of the time no matter who Powell plays. You can not block him 1 on 1 and he will 100% of the time force a double team. He's really looking forward to the Estill game.

From what I hear, Powell's front 4 may be as good as any team they play. I hear they are getting pushed to no end at practice and keep coming back for more. The line coack keeps them BOILing. Not much depth, but when in shape they could reac havoc.
F.N.L. Wrote:From what I hear, Powell's front 4 may be as good as any team they play. I hear they are getting pushed to no end at practice and keep coming back for more. The line coack keeps them BOILing. Not much depth, but when in shape they could reac havoc.
BOILing(lol)Smile Bitter too Wolf Cool Cool
bluegrassballa Wrote:this years line will be good....but they will not be better than about 3 years ago when they had jordan baker, shannon rose, ryan brown, startin. they were the best lineman in the state.
NO NO NO BIG-TIME WRONG.
All these guys worked hard but this coment is not acurate at all.
Harlan would DOMINATE any of the above mentioned. Baker would be his only challenge.
Ledford is 100% improved and him and Baker is a close matchup, But Ledford is a little more sound.
Harlan( Swamp thing) Elam is a brute.
bluegrassballa Wrote:this years line will be good....but they will not be better than about 3 years ago when they had jordan baker, shannon rose, ryan brown, startin. they were the best lineman in the state.
They were solid, I agree.
Elam, Howell and Leford are better.
RIP_28 Wrote:BOILing(lol)Smile Bitter too Wolf Cool Cool
Wolf and Boiler will have um' ready, Bart needs to come along(lol).
The mistaken identity case of the N.I.P.:eek:
RIP_28 Wrote:Wolf and Boiler will have um' ready, Bart needs to come along(lol).
The mistaken identity case of the N.I.P.:eek:

They better be ready. Does this Bart guy have the intangables to coach?
F.N.L. Wrote:They better be ready. Does this Bart guy have the intangables to coach?
HOMER DIDN'T RAISE NO SLACKER!:moon:
RIP_28 Wrote:They were solid, I agree.

i dont know about howell or leford bein better than them, but harlan would give them a run for their money. i think howell may have been quicker but about ledford, i dont know. both teams had fugate workin them so it would be close.
I would have to agree with BGB on this one. Shannon and the boys had much more size and quickness. I played with them as well that year...you couldnt get through the line..period. That was the last year that Powell actually had a DECENT year. they went 4-6 on the year and two of the games were decided by under a TD. Lost to South Floyd 36-34 for the season opener and lost to East Carter 27-21..ooops..also lost to Pendleton Co. 32-24. By the way..Pendleton had a very "dirty" team that year..Refs had some horrible calls that game. Pirates shouldve been 7-4 that year.
And also..im pretty sure that if you compare the offensive stats that year to the offensive stats last year..you will see a huge difference. That has alot to do with the work of the O-line. I'm not putting our present team down..i'm just stating my opinion that the '05 line was better.