•  Previous
  • 13(current)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Larry French to Middlesboro
Asking kids and parents to follow the KHSAA rules, what a concept?
If you don't like the rules take it up with them.
RoShamBo Wrote:So Southwestern settled for punishing the kid instead of going after Somerset for a blatant violation of a KHSAA bylaw? This is all ridiculous and unfounded. And for the record, the KHSAA frequently declares kids ineligible when the school he/she left from complains.

So Southwestern should have fired Somersets coaches that were involved? I don’t think they have the authority to do that. I also don’t think the KHSAA asks schools opinions on what should and shouldn’t be a punishment. There has to be a clear violation to be ruled ineligible, if they just ruled based on complaints and no investigation there would be lawsuits coming out of their ears. RoSham I’ve always respected reading your post on here but come on, you can’t honestly believe that there were no violations and the KHSAA just said “ah if Southwestern says it’s true it probably is.”
https://www.wymt.com/content/sports/Midd...79351.html
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Good luck Yellow Jackets and Larry French. Leave his past alone and start coaching these kids now at Middlesboro.
Kywarrior14 Wrote:So Southwestern should have fired Somersets coaches that were involved? I don’t think they have the authority to do that. I also don’t think the KHSAA asks schools opinions on what should and shouldn’t be a punishment. There has to be a clear violation to be ruled ineligible, if they just ruled based on complaints and no investigation there would be lawsuits coming out of their ears. RoSham I’ve always respected reading your post on here but come on, you can’t honestly believe that there were no violations and the KHSAA just said “ah if Southwestern says it’s true it probably is.”

I'm saying that if a player admits in an official KHSAA hearing that one school recruited him, then why was there no further investigation done by the KHSAA or at least requested by Southwestern if that was their main complaint in the first place? That's a direct violation of the KHSAA bylaw that prohibits recruiting, so why no punishment from the KHSAA for the coach or school?

Just because a player is ruled ineligible doesn't mean he was recruited. Players are ruled ineligible for what the KHSAA deems sports related transfers (as was their reasoning here, not based on recruiting) all the time. I have no problem with Larry French or with Southwestern, but there are some outrageous claims being made here.
RoShamBo Wrote:Would look a bit hypocritical to block a kid from transferring who transferred to your school from Somerset in the first place, wouldn't it?

Your missing the bigger picture. It is not and was not about the kid. Why would it matter where they where before? A nad guy is a bad guy
RoShamBo Wrote:I'm saying that if a player admits in an official KHSAA hearing that one school recruited him, then why was there no further investigation done by the KHSAA or at least requested by Southwestern if that was their main complaint in the first place? That's a direct violation of the KHSAA bylaw that prohibits recruiting, so why no punishment from the KHSAA for the coach or school?

Just because a player is ruled ineligible doesn't mean he was recruited. Players are ruled ineligible for what the KHSAA deems sports related transfers (as was their reasoning here, not based on recruiting) all the time. I have no problem with Larry French or with Southwestern, but there are some outrageous claims being made here.

I was there and heard it first hand. Say what you want. Im not sure why the KHSAA didn't do anything to Somerset. With Corbin and Bell and many other schools having the same accusations one could ask why nothing is ever done
Please let this die! What you guys state about my son maybe true on both parts as far as fairness. He did play at Somerset and I transferred him to Southwestern. I got into some trouble and He took it upon himself to transfer back to somerset. If we are talking eligibility neither school should say anything. I will leave it at that and hope you all will keep it away from my kids.
Shut it down and start a new thread to congratulate the school and coach. My goodness, give this a break and hats off to you for clearifying the accusations.
I agree. Give it a break. Congrats to Middlesboro for making a great hire. One of the best in Coach French.
Briar jumper bd Wrote:Please let this die! What you guys state about my son maybe true on both parts as far as fairness. He did play at Somerset and I transferred him to Southwestern. I got into some trouble and He took it upon himself to transfer back to somerset. If we are talking eligibility neither school should say anything. I will leave it at that and hope you all will keep it away from my kids.

I wasn't referring to your son unfairly transferring to either school, BD. On the contrary, I felt that he should be able to play right away no matter where he went. That was just the example someone used in regards to transferring. I'll remove myself from any further discussion on this thread, I think my point has been made.

One last thing to stay on the topic of the thread. Homerun hire for Middlesboro. Hopefully they can get back to the Boro of old.
Just from the press conference it was easy to see the kids was excited .. numbers next season , parent and community support will be through the roof. Have been a Jacket fan for 45 years and the excitement has never been stronger.
I went and could not believe all the people there. There were a lot of excitement. I didn't realize they did not form a committee until I heard the Super say it in the introduction. I thought I had heard there was one. Does not matter anyway. Good to see all the people there.
Why play here when you can play for Bell?
  •  Previous
  • 13(current)