•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Larry French to Middlesboro
pjdoug Wrote:maybe he will be athletic director at knox central. They need one Confusednicker:

😂😂😂😂😂
E's Army Wrote:Why would Pineville fire Elam?

I thought the same thing. This info came from someone high up with the school system.
BellCo18 Wrote:French is in Middlesboro now looking at houses. Bart Elam had a choice to resign or be fired. Why he is leaving Pineville. Rumors are, he's wanting back on Knox Central staff.

You are sick with something....Pineville and Coach Elam are on best terms. Coach is going to Union to be OC. He is still running the weightroom and on the committee to hire. He cares, unlike Dudley.
Tri-State Fan Wrote:NextGen does not speak for Middlesboro fans, he was obviously spurned by a former superintendent and hates all things Middlesboro. It's always the crazy 2% that are the loudest.

I think anyone with half a brain spoke just as loud wanting to get rid of the previous coach and super and in the end you as well. If the new coach thinks keeping him on is the right move, just ask a few of our players. This program has been run in the ground and if speaking on here helps get a change great I WILL SPEAK. I am in full support of Coach French and his accomplishments and it would be a homerun hire. To keep the problem around would not be. IMO and I will express it loudly transplant Jacket Fan because this is my school and I am an alum. I put as much sweat on those fields as anyone and hate to see where we are now.
Wld be a great hire... how many of current staff wld stay on???
Will his son come or stay in SW?
Why wld Elam leave and take a pay cut??
Is Chappell not even a consideration at Mboro?
What amount is Mboro offering to pay??
Where are they going to get asst coaches?
Ole Dud is getting what he wants. Middlesboro dragging their feet on hiring the next coach and Bart bolting...Ole Dud will have all the athletes from Bell next season.
campbellfield Wrote:Ole Dud is getting what he wants. Middlesboro dragging their feet on hiring the next coach and Bart bolting...Ole Dud will have all the athletes from Bell next season.
He won't be at Bell for long.
Take this as you may, but as you have read earlier Elam will remain at Pineville to teach. He will be the OC at Union. French will probably be announced next week. I'm sure Dudley is sweating the Middlesboro hire, but will be excited to see the Pineville recruits he gets. It needs to be a good one. Most of this was talked about at Pineville/Middlesboro game tonight. Also, congratulations to Coach Morris. His team looks good this year.
I’m not from the area, so if I’m wrong, please correct me. But, if a Coach of French’s caliber is interested in Middlesboro...I wouldn’t be surprised if a certain Radio Host from Middlesboro who has a TON of influence in this state had a hand in it....
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:I’m not from the area, so if I’m wrong, please correct me. But, if a Coach of French’s caliber is interested in Middlesboro...I wouldn’t be surprised if a certain Radio Host from Middlesboro who has a TON of influence in this state had a hand in it....

Are you talking about my cousin?lol
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:I’m not from the area, so if I’m wrong, please correct me. But, if a Coach of French’s caliber is interested in Middlesboro...I wouldn’t be surprised if a certain Radio Host from Middlesboro who has a TON of influence in this state had a hand in it....

Ya you’re wrong. But, that said Matt does care about Middlesboro and I’m sure would do something if asked. He did come speak to all the teachers earlier this year, but he’s not taking an active role in picking out coaches.
fridaynightfights Wrote:Ya you’re wrong. But, that said Matt does care about Middlesboro and I’m sure would do something if asked. He did come speak to all the teachers earlier this year, but he’s not taking an active role in picking out coaches.

Ask him to post his family tree so I can see how he is kin to me.
NextGeneration Wrote: I am in full support of Coach French and his accomplishments and it would be a homerun hire. .

You are a hoot. :HitWall:

On page two you are publicly and anonymously disparaging the mans son. By page four you come around to recognize what a home-run hire French would be and how supportive you are.

Lordy mercy you need to go have a conversation with yourself and get both of you all in line.
Tri-State Fan Wrote:You are a hoot. :HitWall:

On page two you are publicly and anonymously disparaging the mans son. By page four you come around to recognize what a home-run hire French would be and how supportive you are.

Lordy mercy you need to brighten up.

One gets confused when they have so many personalities to keep up with Confusednicker:
Tri-State Fan Wrote:You are a hoot. :HitWall:

Lordy mercy you need to go have a conversation with yourself and get both of you all in line.

Do you even understand anything about Coaching. My problem is if French is taking our job just for the purpose of getting his son a HC job in 2 years then leaving. I am not for it. Being from Tn you must have a hard time reading. The other French is not what we are hiring.
You'd have to assume his son wants to move at this point and its not that easy. He's a newly wed and I think his wife is a teacher in this town. Hard to uproot one person, much less a full family.

If you are Middlesboro and you offer French and he takes it, you have to be happy. Or you can sit and watch that dumpster continue to burn.
NextGeneration Wrote:Do you even understand anything about Coaching. My problem is if French is taking our job just for the purpose of getting his son a HC job in 2 years then leaving. I am not for it. Being from Tn you must have a hard time reading. The other French is not what we are hiring.

Having a successor to inherit the program, that happens to be a great coaches son isn’t a problem. The problem stems from people like you that obviously has some kinda problem, maybe your not wanting this coach because your have your own interest of some sorts. A program that has been in the shape Middlesboro has been in making a homerun hire, with a guaranteed replacement so the system doesn’t reset when coach retires is a plus. that way the program can continue to grow. I am not from Middlesboro and am excited for them heck maybe they can get back to where they was when I was a kid and played against them.
If Larry French is smart—and I’m sure he is—he isn’t gonna take the job unless he can bring along AT LEAST one valued assistant coach, regardless of that assistant’s last name.

Hope it happens.
I hope Middlesboro makes this hire. I said earlier there is no way Middlesboro can land a big fish like French. I actually saw with my OWN eyes Waylon Allen eating breakfast with coach French at Hardees this morning. This is not hear say. I drove around three times to make sure. Kudos to Superintendent Allen. I may have to eat crow on this one. I still find it hard to believe. I will be the first to admit I was wrong if it truly happens.
I'd like to think the superintendent was like "let's go to Cracker Barrel and talk business" but that Larry French was like, "nah. I like the biscuits at Hardee's better"

:biggrin:
I hope Superintendent Allen bought his biscuit and anything else he wanted.
Any News?
Hardee’s? Really? I call BS.
Something I have wondered for a few years now is what has happened to athletics at MHS?? I can’t remember any high school program in the area taking a fall like they have over the years. The rivalry with Corbin back in the 80s was as fierce as you would see. A few years we had Corbin, Middlesboro, Somerset in district...all 3 probably top 5 in 2A but you had to win district to even make the playoffs.

Not just football but basketball as well, baseball is some better... I hear their youth programs aren’t much better.

Where are the athletes?
campbellfield Wrote:Hardee’s? Really? I call BS.

Why?
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next