•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Larry French to Middlesboro
BellCo18 Wrote:He found a house in Middlesboro this past weekend.

Nice job, realtor Kevin Bisceglia (MHS linebacker, Class of ‘75)!
hatz Wrote:wow. Middlesboro must have made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

$80,000
Bell will have to increase their recruiting budget.
E's Army Wrote:Bell will have to increase their recruiting budget.

Dudley has been in the ATL getting some new players this past weekend. 😜
Middlesboro with the homerun!
Certainly looking more and more like it. Dayum how’d they pull this one off?

Larry French is one of the bigger names in the state and one of the most high caliber men you will ever meet. He is known for getting kids out to play and turns programs around fast.

Those boys better be ready to go to work because he is going to flat work them.
Hearing he bought a home beside Dudley over in Harrogate.
I’m still doubting this. He said he needed to take some time off coaching. He has to be 65ish. Also I believe he is drawing teacher retirement which means there’s no way to offer him 80,000.
footballfever Wrote:I’m still doubting this. He said he needed to take some time off coaching. He has to be 65ish. Also I believe he is drawing teacher retirement which means there’s no way to offer him 80,000.

Go Colonels. lol
So is Dud... so why does that matter??
Jacket92 Wrote:So is Dud... so why does that matter??

When retied from teaching you can't just go get another job and collect the full pay. You can only make so much or lose retirement. It is complicated, he is not getting 80,000 or he is coming out of retirement. Great hire for Middlesboro and Dudley doesn't make as much as those want to post on here.
too Much
He will have another job at the school of some kind, probably.
too Much whatever it is
I hope he can bring them back and they will play us again. It was always a great atmosphere. Same with us ,we need to play Corbin.
Congrats to Larry. He deserves to coach and live where ever he is happy. He is a good guy and is sitting at either #5 or #6 on the all time wins list. Hard to beat him as a coach.
He may be happy where he is going to live, but coaching the Jackets may be more frustrating than happy. If he loves a challenge , he will have a big one.
French will have a break by not having to face the previous district schedule.
What a hire if this happens. The town is going crazy. I don’t understand why Superintendent Allen will not announce it. Makes me wonder if he is really coming. That is all I hear when I am out.
Coach French is around 65. He told his team he needed to get away from coaching for awhile. I think he drawing teacher retirement so there is no way they can pay him $80,000.
four quarters Wrote:French will have a break by not having to face the previous district schedule.

What district will they be competitive in? They lost the Class A local district this year as well. They would have finished last, played all but Lynn camp and lost to all of them. On top of that they graduate 9 starters? I hate to be negative but those are facts and this job will be a tremendous challenge and rebuilding project.
Will he Coach long enough to see it through if he is 65-66. It is a great hire, just don't know if he realizes what it really is.
this is what happens when you let your buddies son coach for to long and Larry French would have won some of those games. This will be a great hire and also important the hiring of assistants. This will take a few years to turn around.
If he is a retired teacher, then he can take ANY classified position and it will not effect his teaching retirement..
I Rule The World Wrote:If he is a retired teacher, then he can take ANY classified position and it will not effect his teaching retirement..

It won’t affect his Retirement but he is only allowed to make X amount while drawing retirement.
footballfever Wrote:It won’t affect his Retirement but he is only allowed to make X amount while drawing retirement.

First off, Larry French is a very good Football Coach. His X amount of money is about 200 dollars a day, which adds up real quick. Good luck to Coach French.
:ChairHit:
JustThinking Wrote:First off, Larry French is a very good Football Coach. His X amount of money is about 200 dollars a day, which adds up real quick. Good luck to Coach French.
:ChairHit:

Yea that’s how it works. At $200 a day if he works 365 days he’ll make $73,000.
Guys if you don't understand KRS listen to footballfever, he does. Retired teachers can only make so much period.
Doesn't matter if its certified or classified he can only get a percentage of his last year of teacher pay or he will have to un-retire.
any new news or updates
I also think Coach French is an excellent Coach. I’m still finding it difficult to believe he is going to take the Middlesboro job. I certainly could be wrong.
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next