Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin Lewis, Bengals 'mutually decide to part ways' after 16 seasons
CINCINNATI —
It looks like the Cincinnati Bengals are getting a new head coach.

Several national news outlets and sources close to the team said Monday morning that after 16 seasons with the Bengals, Marvin Lewis is out as head coach.

Sources tell WLWT the coaching staff was informed at 9:45 a.m.

Link
Marvin Lewis provided me with a lot of entertainment throughout the years. As a Steeler fan I will miss him. Perhaps Mike Brown is opening the door for Hue Jackson.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jarons Wrote:Marvin Lewis provided me with a lot of entertainment throughout the years. As a Steeler fan I will miss him. Perhaps Mike Brown is opening the door for Hue Jackson.
Hue Jackson. A fate worse than Marvin. :lmao:
This honestly is crazy to think he kept a job for 16 years with a barely above .500 record and 0-7 in the playoffs.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
5 years to late.
About time.
Spud6 Wrote:This honestly is crazy to think he kept a job for 16 years with a barely above .500 record and 0-7 in the playoffs.

I agree. Mediocre at best.
It seems as if the Cincinnati teams are finally trying to do a little better.
Please, please, please, offer Lincoln Riley so much money he can’t turn it down. He might not turn out to be a great pro coach, you never know, but don’t go the conservative route and hire Hue Jackson or Mike McCarthy. Having not won a playoff game since 1991, there is no franchise more in need of the shot of excitement Riley would bring. As an added bonus, it would piss off Baker Mayfield royally, which is always a fun thing to see.
Van Hagar Wrote:Please, please, please, offer Lincoln Riley so much money he can’t turn it down. He might not turn out to be a great pro coach, you never know, but don’t go the conservative route and hire Hue Jackson or Mike McCarthy. Having not won a playoff game since 1991, there is no franchise more in need of the shot of excitement Riley would bring. As an added bonus, it would piss off Baker Mayfield royally, which is always a fun thing to see.

it would be an interesting hire.
Now we get to see who really would consider working with the Brown family as a coach. IMO the list is small, and a lot of names wont even touch it, specifically with other jobs open.

Time will tell.
I also think the only name from College that the Brown family would consider is Brian Kelly.