Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RUMOR:J.R. Vanhoose to be named head coach of the Phelps Lady Hornets
Just read in the Big Sandy News. He will do a fine job. Congats big guy
good luck and congrats.
Same JR Vanhoose from Paintsville???
I don't think this is an official thing yet....
I must admit thats pretty Cool.
Great start to a young coaching career ahead of him! CONGRATS J.R.!
NOT confirmed!!

Pike County is laying off teachers/staff left and right.... I seriuosly doubt they would announce hiring someone while all this is going on!! BUT..... I do love J.R. AND his wife!! Smile
Well either the local newspapers here are fabricating and reporting ficticious stories.... OR it's a fact. Just today I heard their house was for sale back on the backstreet...
I hate to see such a fine person leave us, but I DO understand how important it is to make one's own mark on the world! If VanHoose leaves... where ever he goes, whatever he does will always be a good reflection upon the wonderful foundation made here in Tiger Town! Good Luck JR & Shawna!
phs1986 Wrote:NOT confirmed!!

Pike County is laying off teachers/staff left and right.... I seriuosly doubt they would announce hiring someone while all this is going on!! BUT..... I do love J.R. AND his wife!! Smile

Yes Pike County is letting a lot of teachers go. I have heard that Shelby Valley may lay off up to 10 teachers this year.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Great start to a young coaching career ahead of him! CONGRATS J.R.!
Yeah he seems to be doing pretty well for himself now days.
But Phelps!!!!!! Why Phelps? Anyway, congrats to JR and his wife. I'm sure he will make a fine coach. I just don't understand the reasoning behind wanting to coach Phelps. But I guess that's why I'm not coaching!
IISnakE Wrote:Well either the local newspapers here are fabricating and reporting ficticious stories.... OR it's a fact. Just today I heard their house was for sale back on the backstreet...
I hate to see such a fine person leave us, but I DO understand how important it is to make one's own mark on the world! If VanHoose leaves... where ever he goes, whatever he does will always be a good reflection upon the wonderful foundation made here in Tiger Town! Good Luck JR & Shawna!

Snake,
I have to say that I HOPE it's for real!! Shawna is my baby girl!!! LOL.... I used to hip her all the time! (she was actually at the hospital with me when I had my first youngin!!)

BUT.... to be totally honest... I talked to someone today who actually ASKED me to post that it wasn't confirmed!! I haven't talked to Denise either so I have no idea what is goin on with her. I will post something when I find out for sure though....
eaglehoops Wrote:But Phelps!!!!!! Why Phelps? Anyway, congrats to JR and his wife. I'm sure he will make a fine coach. I just don't understand the reasoning behind wanting to coach Phelps. But I guess that's why I'm not coaching!

IF he does... maybe he sees something in Phelps that some turn their nose up too!! Besides that.... Shawna is from Phelps... Confusedhh:
eaglehoops Wrote:But Phelps!!!!!! Why Phelps? Anyway, congrats to JR and his wife. I'm sure he will make a fine coach. I just don't understand the reasoning behind wanting to coach Phelps. But I guess that's why I'm not coaching!

That is where his wife is from.
Since J.R. is a member of the site I'd like to see him say a few words about this.

Nice post. Better hope it doesn't rain while you have your nose up in the air, you may drown.:ChairHit:

By the way, it isn't official yet, but count on it, it will happen.
you will find no finer people than JR and Shawna anywhere!!!
Phelps Girl's program could be a very nice fit. I had never thought about it much.....but could be great for all. Here is to wishing them all, success.
The Guru Wrote:you will find no finer people than JR and Shawna anywhere!!!
Phelps Girl's program could be a very nice fit. I had never thought about it much.....but could be great for all. Here is to wishing them all, success.

Nice Post Guru.... and I agree 100%!!!

BTW.... how have ya been??
phs1986 Wrote:Nice Post Guru.... and I agree 100%!!!

BTW.... how have ya been??
Thanks....very tired! How's your gang?
The Guru Wrote:you will find no finer people than JR and Shawna anywhere!!!
I don't know JR, but have watched him at the games and on here. He will take "class" wherever he goes. Good luck.
Well this is awesome news to hear. Good luck J.R. and hope you have alot of success at Phelps.
As has been stated, with the job situation in Pike County, there are NO open positions.... YET.... this is not gonna happen until there are job openings!
phs1986 Wrote:IF he does... maybe he sees something in Phelps that some turn their nose up too!! Besides that.... Shawna is from Phelps... Confusedhh:
Yeah I was about to say that JR's girl graduated from Phelphs and was a pretty good player herself. Just Imagine when they have kids, 16-17 years down the road we could be looking at five Star recruits...................
Genetics is on their side man................. :muscleman
with the KHSAA ruling you do not have to teach anymore to coach so he could coach and not be in the high school teaching. good luck jr
why is coach Campbell leaving ,maybe going to East Ridge!
How can a Super. from a school system get in the paper every day complaining about too many teachers and who also sends out over 300 non hire letters to teachers/staff already in the system go out and hire a coach..........

Its going to get nasty in Pike County before this Super is gone........can you say lawsuits and state takeover.........
the previous administration put this sup.in this position.Give him a chance he is a fine man!
The Private Wrote:the previous administration put this sup.in this position.Give him a chance he is a fine man!

Giving him a chance, but this super has hired over 60 people since being hired and if you were a non-tenured teacher and read this what would you think?
I for one will give him a chance the county is better off with him.I have family in Pike County and they seem to be real happy with him.
Bobby Spears is going to East Ridge within the next 10 days.