Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RUMOR:J.R. Vanhoose to be named head coach of the Phelps Lady Hornets
PHS95 Wrote:Weird, phs1986.... I have been here the whole time, teach across the hall from Clay, and he hasn't mentioned it to me, how about you?

Nope.... hasn't mentioned it to me either.. NOR has his daughter who I see everyday of my life!! LOLOL.... Maybe 1962 has someone else on staff feeding info to him??? What do ya think??? LOLOL....
kentuckyfan1962 Wrote:You might teach across the hall from Clay, but he may be trying to keep this quiet. Little secrets always get out. I know he has an interest. Not saying it is definite, but it is a possibility.

And, nine times out of ten, we laugh out loud when we read these ridiculous rumors every day! I am not saying you are wrong, just that I doubt this is how it will happen!
PHS95 Wrote:And, nine times out of ten, we laugh out loud when we read these ridiculous rumors every day! I am not saying you are wrong, just that I doubt this is how it will happen!

Again, I did not say he was going to switch. But I do know he has an interest. It is a possibility. I never said he was going to coach the girls. Just that he has an interest.
I am almost certain that the "P" in PHS95 doesn't stand for Phelps. I'm thinking Pikeville. You may teach across the hall from him but I'm sure you haven't been around long enough to know him. Anyone from the community knows that Clay and stretching the truth (a lot) go hand in hand. You probably are not going to know his plans because the truth is hard to find in some people. If you don't believe me, ask people who have known him for years.
Personally, I woulda liked to have seen Mark Baldwin step down and J.R. take over the girls program at Paintsville befora he left and went to another school.
So is it certain that JR is gone?
kyfan Wrote:I am almost certain that the "P" in PHS95 doesn't stand for Phelps. I'm thinking Pikeville. You may teach across the hall from him but I'm sure you haven't been around long enough to know him. Anyone from the community knows that Clay and stretching the truth (a lot) go hand in hand. You probably are not going to know his plans because the truth is hard to find in some people. If you don't believe me, ask people who have known him for years.

You're right, I don't know his plans... I just think that all of the rumors going around can be hurtful to some people. Maybe we should all sit back and see what happens... and, maybe I shouldn't have said across the hall, that's not completely accurate....

the P is definitely for pikeville .....lol and from some of the the comments overheard by phs95 in and around school.. IS NOT loyalty to HORNETVILLE COUNTRY.. so why would clay take you in as a confidential source??? lol
oh yeah ....clay has plenty of "confidential" sources too...that's how most of the "un" reliable rumors get started there ..lmao..most ARE started by him...
so if he is interested in the the girls so what? if jr is coming to phelps i hope it's a smooth transition for him ....and his wife ..but it not ..well he won't be the first to ride into hornetville on THE BACK of the welcome wagon....lol!!
JR's wife is FROM Phelps.... what makes you think she would be on the back of anything?? Especially the welcome wagon??

Who knows what will take place in the upcoming months.... The BOE hasn't made any decisions on coaches and until then.... I say just sit back and watch--- (and listen)!!!
phs1986 Wrote:JR's wife is FROM Phelps.... what makes you think she would be on the back of anything?? Especially the welcome wagon??

Who knows what will take place in the upcoming months.... The BOE hasn't made any decisions on coaches and until then.... I say just sit back and watch--- (and listen)!!!

lol..i wasn't talking about his wife ..i was referring to JR being a newcomer into the coaching arena silly...lol YOU of all people should know how it is sometimes... opinions are formed in various ways aren't they? by there ALWAYS being two sides to every "rumor"..lol
and with that said..........
i'm sure that Jr will do a fine job . and there was no remarks made about his wife.(.who, btw i also know her):p
sometimes you are quick to answer posts on here WITHOUT thinking ! that's how rumors get started >>>!!!!!Wink

peace out!
waterbucket#00 Wrote:lol..i wasn't talking about his wife ..i was referring to JR being a newcomer into the coaching arena silly...lol YOU of all people should know how it is sometimes... opinions are formed in various ways aren't they? by there ALWAYS being two sides to every "rumor"..lol
and with that said..........
i'm sure that Jr will do a fine job . and there was no remarks made about his wife.(.who, btw i also know her):p
sometimes you are quick to answer posts on here WITHOUT thinking ! that's how rumors get started >>>!!!!!Wink

peace out!

Sorry, I tend to get a little defensive when it comes to Shawna.... She is a sissy's girl!!! (I don't care how old she gets!! LOLOL)......

BTW.... you talk as if you know me pretty well??? I THINK I know who U are but... I try not to make assumptions... Wink As for the "rumors".... that is just what they are from what I hear.... I guess we will all know the truth within a month or so.... :Thumbs:
I personally dont think that JR is ready for a head coaching job at this point in time. I was told that he asked to be the JV coach at Paintsville last season. BMR made him the head coach of the JV team. He showed up to all the games except one when they played Pikeville. He decided he wanted to watch a movie more than coach that game.
waterbucket#00 Wrote:the P is definitely for pikeville .....lol and from some of the the comments overheard by phs95 in and around school.. IS NOT loyalty to HORNETVILLE COUNTRY.. so why would clay take you in as a confidential source??? lol

I don't know where your information comes from, but check your facts first.... also, I never said I was a confidential source.... When I said WE, I was referring to many people, not Clay....
I think this whole thing has blown way out of proportion when it was simply stated that I doubted that Clay was interested in coaching the girl's team. On another note, I have never shown disloyalty to Phelps or badmouthed the school in any way, so whatever you think you overheard and whoever you heard it from must not have been me..... let's keep the personal attacks out of here!
PHS95 Wrote:I think this whole thing has blown way out of proportion when it was simply stated that I doubted that Clay was interested in coaching the girl's team. On another note, I have never shown disloyalty to Phelps or badmouthed the school in any way, so whatever you think you overheard and whoever you heard it from must not have been me..... let's keep the personal attacks out of here!

Evidently PHS95-- WB#00 thinks they know so much about us!! (You and I both)....... LOLOLOL Smile ..... this is an informative thread that thus far is going pretty good...... I have to agree with you about keeping the personal attacks out of it!! I for one can honestly say that you are/were one of the MOST loyal to the Phelps kids last year during football that I ever met..... You missed what???? 1 Jr. High football game?? Loyalty is looked upon differently by some people.... IMO.... when your around as much as I am you know who the loyal ones are..... :thumpsup:
This is a forum for posting opinions and nothing makes me more angry than to see people try to use scare tactics and innuendo to try to hush people for expressing their opinion. It seems to me, through reading these posts, that one person was saying they had a hard time believing that someone would be interested in a job and everyone jumps down their throat calling them disloyal and making comments about where they went to school and the like. I KNOW this person, it is NOT who you believe it is and you have no right to attack anyone for having the nerve to disagree with rumors you have started in order to make someone's life uncomfortable.... please, just drop it as 95 has not been disloyal to Hornetville as you people who are starting these rumors and badmouthing of coaches have!
The BOE has sent letters to all coaches that they would not be rehired (financial reasons) and an easy way to remove any they don't want. I'm sure most will be rehired...just don't know about the pay.
Tin Cup Wrote:The BOE has sent letters to all coaches that they would not be rehired (financial reasons) and an easy way to remove any they don't want. I'm sure most will be rehired...just don't know about the pay.

THIS is a fact!!! I got my letter a couple of weeks ago!! LOLOL..... I was only a Jr. High Cheerleading sponsor!!
Guys keep it on target and calm it down some or we will be forced to shut this one down. We dont want that do we. We will keep a close eye on this one.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Agreed BP.... Smile
Thank you BP
Okay back on topic, so when is it supposed to be official? I hear that JR's house is for sale in Paintsville. Is this true? As far as other coaches being rehired and teachers, isn't the state rule that you have to be rehired by July 1 or you lose your insurance coverage? Hopefully the Pike Co BOE won't be waiting that long.
ok ...TRUCE! lol
things get heated every now and then ..and i will apologize for it ...and as phs1986 stated ..let's wait and see what happens in the very near future..i for one hope all works out for the ladies' hornet basketball, and IF Jr is coming to hornetville best of luck!

( please note BR --- is this the first apology for an opinion???? lmao
Hey guys
Boy how some people can get so off topic. People come on what in the world does this topic have to do with Clay going to the girl? Now I see Clay just about everyday and all he talks about is the boys you never hear him meation the girls . I say Clay will stay with the Boy's.

Anyway good luck to Coach Campbell you will always be a good coach in my book. Good luck to J.R. wherever you may go.
speaking of phelps ,how many players do they have coming back?
They have everyone back, plus a transfer from Grundy, VA. The transfer will be a junior next season. From what I hear, she's a pretty good player. Plays inside and out. Probably about 5'9" or 5'10". She moved to Phelps in December, but the KHSAA didn't rule her eligible until March.
NEXT Wrote:Giving him a chance, but this super has hired over 60 people since being hired and if you were a non-tenured teacher and read this what would you think?

I would think " I wish I were Mr. Basketball so I could get my job back too!" LOL
heard it was a done deal just waiting for the right time to announce it
good luck,J.R.